WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Primed 350 40 S&W cases on my new RCBS Bench Priming tool.

new NOE mold came in the mail yesterday. whew, fast shipping. Utah to michigan in 2 days. this NOE 452-304-rf mold makes a really nice bullet for .450 BM. the mold started making perfect bullets after the 4th fill. i made around 100 bullets tonight.

i’m going to order 45 gas checks before i go to bed this morning. i found basically a 2 for 1 deal on lube and sizer does on face book. hopefully by monday my .425 and .454 sizers are here.

getting down to the wire though as far as load work up. michigan fire arm deer season opens on the 15th. i probably won’t shoot them untill i get a deer. i’m sure being almost 50 grains heavier they will shoot low to how my scope is set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Loaded 46 - 44 Magnum with 240gr J- Words for my truck gun box The box gets reloaded when empty - if the hash marks in the lid are correct this is the 27th time this brass has been loaded. (I dropped one piece two years ago from my horse while reloading, one last winter in the snow, and the third is somewhere in my truck, the last had a loose primer pocket tonight).

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I came up with 142 empty 44-40 brass so I took a couple of days to load them with 205 gr Cast FN and good old Unique.
    I only had 130 bullets, so the last dozen got a .433” round ball over a pinch of AA#2 for “fancy rat”hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Yesterday I spend some time on my Mini lathe working on a .430" swage die based on Pacific design. I am wanting a better bullet for my 3" barrels Charter Arms Bulldog . I have two top punches one make a full wad cutter the other a wad cutter with a Torx-40 bit indent (hollow point) . I messed up a bit and the die after heat treating is forming a .435" bullet So until I cut new die and punches I am sizing the bullet to .431" . For a core I used some reject Lee 170 cast bullets of pure lead I only made two bullets so far and loaded them over 5.5 grains Red Dot powder. The bullets go through a 55 steel drum and 4 inches into sod and dirt . I need to cast more cores to do some accuracy testing and expansion testing in water/paper. The bullet I dug up was 160 grains starting at 178 grains and was point on in the dirt mushroomed to .55 " . Steel is a poor expansion test but this barrel stops a 9mm Luger round from a 3.5" barrel even with hot ammo along with .38sp wad cutters and all .380 ammo .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Grand Master

Ordered 500, 30 cal. 115 gr. RN bullets from Bayou Bullets. They arrived OVERSIZE at .310" so I had to resize all of them down to the advertised .309"!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    Reamed out some 357 pistol cylinders. Cleaned up the room a bit .

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Measured 700 10mill brass that I had set aside for being too short. I want to test the less than saami .982 to see if it is worth loading down to .979. Most of what I have that are under size are .981 to.979. Any ideas on this subject? I suppose I will test till I find the lower limit. Thanks pillsnpwd my new handle.

This morning was spent casting 400 .432 Boolits; about my limit of casting these days..

Boolit Grand Master

Loaded 300, 44 specials for my Lipsey Flat-top. Skeeter load of course!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master

It was a windy nasty rainy day here high of 35 degrees. I set up to cast in pole barn between the open doors despite wind shifts I always had the fumes away from me . I cast from a pot of nearly pure lead making about 50 208 grain hollow points for the .45 acp . Mostly I cast Lee 170 309 bullets most of these bullets will be coated then swaged to either short jacketed .351" bullets for my Winchester model 1907 or to .430" for use in my Charter Arms Bulldog . The bullets are 177 -178 grains for the most part the short jacket adds 12 grains if I do use it on the .351 bullets . What I am attempting with the .44 Sp is a large flat point with a T-40 hollow point . I am hoping this will expand in tissue at speed possible from my 3" Bulldog I will experiment until I get a reliable bullet and am looking at the 180 grain weight range . The only truly effective ammo I have found for this gun is some 165 grain Corebon , nothing else seems to expand .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Finished testing the shorter than SAAMI 10mm brass to see if my XDM likes it at all. It seems to like it just fine. All lengths from.972 to.981. That loosens up right around 1000 rounds of brass. I should add that I have changed out the striker for Titanium with heavier spring and replaced recoil spring and swooped guide rod for solid ss. Sure hits the primer hard. Springs and things from Springer Presision Bend OR.

Boolit Master
    Put some 335 into 77 - 6.5 Grendel topped with 120gr Noslers for my wife's hunting rifle.
    (I pretend it's for hers - most of it goes through my coyote rifle - she is generally a one shot per season killer).

Boolit Master
    I keep trying different arrangements of the room to try to maximize space. Not to easy in a 7X7 room.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Was looking all over to file my report. Did a lot of PC. Most of a mayo jar of H+G .38 WCs, a few years old, clear. Oh spent hours sanding bases due to extruded lead from past sizing, not fun. Did most of another jar of even older .45 200 grainers. Also boiled another, 50, old Carroll, 429s and coated blue.

Boolit Master
    Loaded 90 - 6 5 Grendel topped with 95gr V- Max. Have the thermal charged up and new batteries in the Fox Pro. Headed out to make some more brass to reload.

Quote Originally Posted by brassrat View Post
    Was looking all over to file my report. Did a lot of PC. Most of a mayo jar of H+G .38 WCs, a few years old, clear. Oh spent hours sanding bases due to extruded lead from past sizing, not fun. Did most of another jar of even older .45 200 grainers. Also boiled another, 50, old Carroll, 429s and coated blue.
    What does that mean boiled❓ thanks thinking I’m missing something.

Boolit Grand Master

Prepped 200, 32 ACP cases for my Walther.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandoair View Post
    What does that mean boiled❓ thanks thinking I’m missing something.
    These are factory SWCs with a good lubing from years past. I boil them and change out the water, several times,and use some Dawn. They come out, clean but I put a little acetone on them and let dry and powdercoat. Couldn't work any better

I am way behind and getting behinder....took on a new gunsmith student whom is in a Gunsmith school, on line....This is a leather mallet, it is a good thing, etc. He was wandering in the wilderness and they really teach disassembly and reassembly plus replacement of parts with parts. I love the drill and tap course.....where is the cordless drill...he really asked that question. Put all that stuff down, come with me......this is a Bridgeport Milling machine it is a very good thing for drilling and tapping on gun metal.

I asked him what his goal was? Oh, to make $100k guns and sell them, ah, I see..... Grasshopper, you will learn.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers