WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 58 of 604 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158558 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 12078

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Man
    Trying out a new bullet in the 327. Got a thousand 115 gr RNFP on the cheap. Tumbled, resized, primed, and flared 250 pieces of brass then loaded 20 rounds for test in 3 different revolvers. 10gr of AA9 and a LR primer shows promise.
    A bumble bee is considerable faster than a John Deere tractor

Boolit Buddy
    100 rounds of Elmer's 44 Special load, 17 grains of 2400 and a 255 grain 429421. Also 100 rounds of 40 S&W for the Glockamatic.
    Only left handed guns are interesting!

Boolit Master
    loaded 100 .357mag lee 162g lead wnfp 7g of true blue.

Sized trimmed and primed 50 7.62x54r and loaded same.loaded 20 45-70 for the big martini.
    Recieved my 9.3x72r form CH Tool & Die,Will beloading tomorrow for a cape gun.

Reloaded some thirty 45-70gov boolits. Ordered new mold from MiHec. Treated one "old" .22lr rifle, some relative had PAINTED it black some 30 years ago... What a PITA to remove the paint and rust... Blued the metals, fixed the stock and finally assembled it. Got to take it to range some day... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0091.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	144111

Banned

Cleaned,sized,primed a batch of 30_30. Found a partial bottle of R15 just about enough to load a few dozen 30 30.

Sold a Chiappia 22/410 to a fella in NM.

Boolit Buddy
    Reaching under my bench for some Lead ingots. Felt a light feathery tickle over my hand and arm as I scooped the ingots up. Tonight, I see I have 3 of my first ever Spider bites wealing up nice into blisters.

Well at least they are gentle when they do it.

And what else? Oh yes, melted 4 big old 'Babbit No 1' bricks into useable little ingots. Should last a looong time. Impressively coppery-colored as the heat range worked up.

Loaded a few 230g 300BO after quite a bit of testing of loads for cycling, now to verify accuracy and adjust if necessary.

Loaded a few 223 after doing the same as above.

Boolit Master

Lubed and Sized all 20+ pounds of boolits I cast July 4th weekend. Now to load and shoot.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lyman Sizers.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	144690

Boolit Mold
    Loaded some 30-06 reduced loads for 03A3.

Loaded some .38 Spec "snake loads" today. Hadn't loaded any since about 1991, thank the Lord I still had all the tools and finally figured out what I did back in the day. The #8 shot works like a charm on the meanest ole rattler or copperhead you can find.

Boolit Grand Master

Took several new purchases to the cave. Legs and life have prevented the trip down stairs for most of this week.
    Spiders and crawlers are trying to invade. Someone (not me) left a candy wrapper, and those tiny black ants found it.
    How do you keep them from coming back. I've used every brand of bate and poison I can find. I can't clog fast enough to get rid of them.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master

Brought home a tiny air compressor

I wheeled it into the shop for now. I have to convert it to single phase. It was free so if I can't convert it I will sell it on Craigslist. Plan on making as many tools as possible pneumatically driven. It only ever ran on one pump because it supplied air for the pneumatic HVAC controls in an office building which is very low pressure. So half of it is practically new. Thankfully a forklift and truck w/ a lift gate are at my disposal

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Spiders and crawlers are trying to invade. Someone (not me) left a candy wrapper, and those tiny black ants found it.
    How do you keep them from coming back. I've used every brand of bate and poison I can find. I can't clog fast enough to get rid of them.
    Around here, the problem is fire ants and I start out with a propane torch. That cuts down their numbers and gives a bit of satisfaction as you hear their bodies making that light crackle sound when they are torched. Eventually, the stream of newcomers decreases or you just get tired of BBQing them though. I then spray a bit of the home insecticide around the area and if I can find where they are coming from outside, various poisons around there also. The poisons work, but they just don't have the same visual and auditory satisfaction as BBQing them.

You don't need to turn the torch on high. A lot of people do that and just waste fuel. A low flame that you just move around a lot works good and you are less likely to burn whatever is underneath it.
    Last edited by NavyVet1959; 07-18-2015 at 03:33 PM.

Boolit Master
    Amdro.... The key to success is apply when all the ants are underground. Usually at night.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy243 View Post
    Amdro.... The key to success is apply when all the ants are underground. Usually at night.
    The ones around here seem to have learned that smaller mounds give them a greater chance of survival. If the mound sticks up past the level of the grass, I'm likely to notice it and thus will take the time to exterminate them. If I don't notice them, they're safe. Of course, that also means I don't end up noticing them until I step in them while wearing flops. Fire ants and mosquitoes are two species that if they were wiped off the face of the planet, I would not have a problem with it. If any other species needs them as a means of subsistence, they can either adapt or die off -- acceptable collateral damages as far as I'm concerned.

Moderator Emeritus

I loaded up around 500 45colt in the last couple days...inbetween other chores. Some of the boolits were a group of Lyman 452-460 (210gr SWC) that I cast in the fall of 2012 with COWW(according to my notes) and the alignment pins weren't seating properly...most of them were basically 'beagled' where the wide dimension was .457 So I sized them to .454

Yesterday, just out of curiosity, I tested a couple of them for hardness, I was surprised when they measured BHN of 16 ? I'm sure they'll shoot fine in the BH, with the 8.9 gr of Unique I put under them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Brought home a tiny air compressor

I wheeled it into the shop for now. I have to convert it to single phase. It was free so if I can't convert it I will sell it on Craigslist. Plan on making as many tools as possible pneumatically driven. It only ever ran on one pump because it supplied air for the pneumatic HVAC controls in an office building which is very low pressure. So half of it is practically new. Thankfully a forklift and truck w/ a lift gate are at my disposal
    That looks like one I helped my Boss install (twice) at a Electronic PCB manufacturer that I use to work at (same color and same size tank anyway).

The first time we installed it, it was in the corner of the PCB assembly shop. It had a large twin cylinder air compressor with a 10 HP 3 ph. 240VAC motor. When that thing was running, it sounded like a Helicopter was hoovering just outside the building. All the shop employees complained...a month later, it was re-installed in the warehouse, in it's own sound insulated room...and it was still Loud and vibrated the walls, but the shop employees could then hear each other again
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Haven't done anything out there in two weeks-just too busy with life. The bench is in the garage and I have to walk by it everyday and see my buddies sized, cleaned and deprimed 44 mag brass staring at me... I know they want to be loaded and go home but it will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday now. "I owe, I owe so off to work I go" :-/

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Cast up 25# of 44mag 240gn boolits. New Lee 6 banger......they just fall out of the mold!

And I did NOT scrub and clean and clean & scrub it! Wiped if off with a rag and a little acetone, smoked it with a beeswax candle, lubed it with 2 cycle oil, heated it to FULL CASTING TEMP, and started dropping perfect boolits from #1. Amazing how grease and oil do NOT cause wrinkles!

Page 58 of 604 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158558 ... LastLast