WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 55 of 604 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155555 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 12077

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Loaded up some 7,62x39 for testing in new Zastava carbine--NOE 313-150 RD using AA2230 for starters--working up from 22,0 gns--shooting at 50 for now.

Boolit Buddy
    Sorted through a bunch of goodies that I found at the local hardware / gun shop yesterday in the back of the shelves and cupboards, 2 lbs of RX 7, 2 lbs of True blue, lb of WSF, rsbs bullet puller, paper bags with a missmash of fired 6.5 x 55 , 308 and 303 brass, part boxes of bullets that are as old as the hills and primers that were priced circa 1990 prices (cheap). He was happy to clear out of odds and ends that isn't fit for the shelves and i was happy to buy cheap.

Moderator Emeritus

I finally got my reloading room finished, except for the a/c, and I was happily decapping some olddddd 30-06 brass and my decapping pin broke.....no problem....just get one of my spare pins....looked high....looked low....no pins.....so I go to Ebay to get some replacement....the only problem is there are a hugh variety of pins....so I go to RCBS and find out that I have the olddddd style sizer/decapper setup so all I need is small decapping pins....so I followed my father's advice....if one is good, two is better, and in my case 50 are best....so I ordered them so that I can misplace the other 49 pins....kind of like the "Trip to Home Depot"......thus ends the rant!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

I dumped the 50 .44 Mag cases I shot yesterday into the tumbler and since it is on a timer I'll just let them vibrate for 6 hours.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Monday I cast over 36 pounds of lead into 935 9mm, 200 41 cal, 300 38 wadcutter, 300 38 semi wadcutters, and over 330 45 200 grain semi wadcutters. About 6 hours casting not counting heating time and taking the wife to the doctors office. Thanks to this forum I have learned so much which makes it so much easier.

Boolit Grand Master

Put a brick of CCI SPP in inventory after returning from the Hickory show.
    Paid too much, but at least I'm not out. Prices varied by $7. a brick, but were on several tables. Powder in many flavors and sizes, also on several tables. 22s still scarce and 10-17 cents a round with a couple dealers. Slow sales and only a moderate crowd.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master

Prepped and trimmed about 700 223's. I Love my Giraud!

Boolit Mold
    Prepped about 300 223. I only have an RCBS trimmer and prep center. It's pretty slow going. Can't wait for my 45ACP dies to come in Tuesday and bullets shortly after that. I have a lot of work to do if I'm going to be shooting reloads by next weekends defensive pistol shoot.

I needed more storage for toolheads so I added a shelf. Used a piece of 2x10 I had on hand and some 1/2" carriage bolts. I was short on bolts so I had to go buy more. I had a rattle can of the blue paint so it was less than $5 out of pocket

[
    Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.
    RAH

Squeezed the rims off about 500 .22LR cases making them into jackets. Getting ready to swage a mess of bullets!

Boolit Master
    Cast 80, 440gr .501" and 103, 250gr REAL .50 cal. and 240, 160gr TL 2R .312"

The 440gr .501" is one of Lee's new design moulds. I think it suffers from lack of bulk. There is just not enough material to keep it stable temperature wise. The large cavities overheat it quickly.

Motor

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I lubed and checked about 100 22-55s ,loaded a few 222s and 223s along with a few 6.8s. I need to get back to casting I have a lot of empty or near empty cans . But that applies to brass too I guess.
    I did find some large pistol primers which have been in pretty short supply out here for a couple of years too. I added some H322 also.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Recycled range scrap for the first time. Just wanted to see how it is like, I still have WW's for couple of years. The range scrap smelting is not nice. The future is not looking very promising.

Boolit Master

Dry tumbled a bunch of boolits with Signal Blue from Smoke.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Loaded about a dozen 577-450 with trail boss and 450gn pp boolits,and three 9.3x72r with 47gn pyrodex rs and a 35cal 200gn pp boolit for my new to me cape gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ola View Post
    Recycled range scrap for the first time. Just wanted to see how it is like, I still have WW's for couple of years. The range scrap smelting is not nice. The future is not looking very promising.
    The return on the labor and time invested is less with range scrap than WW's but, for me anyway, its a more or less a draw because I have to buy the WW' from a tires store 22 miles away and the range I shoot at is only 6 miles from the house. My only complaint with range scrap is it's softer than WW's.

Banned
    Grunt work. Sized, then Sonic Cleaned, annealed, then sorted 100+ 375/338s & 51 450 Watts. Seperated out a bunch of .300 Wby by type, brand, new, 1X, moreX, & unk for a guy who wants to buy some. Plus seperated those I am keeping & trimmed a bunch out of that group. Seperated by weight/date several cans of LCM & annealed some.

Got a neck ache, a back ache & a both eye ache!

Hope I can shoot tomorrow, weather permitting, I deserve a reward!

Boolit Buddy

got a new Accurate 41-325B mold for the 405win, cast and sized some samples and then started to adjust the dies for the .413 dia that I want to try. The expander seemed a bit tight and short, so a new one fell off the lathe and seems to be about right. The dummy ran through the gun, I"ll start the test rounds tomorrow. Looking for about 1600 to1700 to start and see what it does.

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded one hundred 223 rounds with 55 grain soft points. Primer arm on the lee classic cast turret started sticking on the last ten tho so I'm hoping the ram just needs cleaning.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    For some reason, I have yet to get a load to cycle the action on the .300 AAC AR that I built. I tried a few different loads last night during the storm. This build has the full auto BCG in it, so I wasn't sure if there was something about it that might have made a difference, so I put a .223 pistol upper on it and fired it in my garage last night. It cycled the action just like it was supposed to do. I put a tube on the gas tube and blew through it to ensure the gas tube was not clogged up. It seemed ok. Cast some bullets from the Lee C309-113-F mold that I had recently got and tried them. They are a bit short and with the flat nose, they would not even load into the chamber from the magazine. So, I just manually loaded the first one and put the M80 projectile round in the magazine so that I would know if it picked up the next round. No luck -- still would not eject the brass.

So, drink beer, clean up place, load a round, go shoot it in the garage. Repeat until daybreak, grab something to eat, a shower, and go to bed. Yeah, my waking hours are totally screwed up lately. One of the advantages of being retired -- time has no meaning for me anymore.
    Not to be simplistic, but are you 100% certain that the gas tube/block are aligned right? I know you said you blew through the tube and it seemed ok, but let me share my recent experiences. I built an AR. I'm pretty anal about things, so I was super careful to make sure that everything was just so. I finished it and took it to the range and experienced exactly what you experienced: it wouldn't eject the brass. I tore the whole thing apart repeatedly over the next few weeks, pulling my hair out trying to find the solution. I changed the gas block for a very expensive one out of desperation, which is not an easy proposition in MA, since our muzzle devices have to be pinned and welded, meaning the old muzzle brake had to be ground off, the gas block changed and a new one pinned and welded on. Anyhow, after all that, what I discovered was this: when the handguard was put on it was putting enough force on the gas block to shift it away from the gas port in the barrel. I took the handguard off and threw it in the trash, replaced it with a free float handguard and the AR runs 100% now.

Page 55 of 604 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155555 ... LastLast