RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackbox
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Quote Originally Posted by Brassmonkey View Post
    .300 BO from .223 Did these yesterday but I'm still feeling it today, my cutoff jig could be better but I'm done cranking that lil handle. Time to motorize this process.

Attachment 303421
    Really simple to motorized, never crank my Forster Trimmer.

I just use a wadded-up shop rag to push and crank. Have done hundreds of cases needing as much as 1/4" taken off this way.

Task today was to final size, chamfer and expand 57 cases for the .25 Stevens centerfire project, using a 310 tong tool.

These were previously cut down from 1.400" Hornet brass to 1.125" using the above technique. Took about 10-15 seconds actual cutting time. It does need some muscle, but the hand doesn't cramp up from gripping that tiny crank handle.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded and tested some light Bullseye loads with the Lee 356-102-1r in 9mm. I bought this low weight for 9mm to save some lead and to crossover to 380 ACP when I start loading that. Interestingly the starting load was ejecting brass almost straight up—a problem I've had with Titegroup using the same bullet. But increasing charge by 0.1 gr started the brass kicking in a clean arc that worked fine with the brass catcher. My lube still isn't doing enough though: no lube star on the muzzle. Using Ben's Red, pan-lubed.

Later I scored some Unique at the LGS, after over a year of searching. I passed up one opportunity to buy an 8-lb can, and have been kicking myself for it ever since. But today I finally found some and picked up two pounds. Can't wait to see what this can do in 45-70 and 22 Hornet.

Yep found the hex adapter, should be here soon.

Boolit Master
    just loaded up 100x 357mag and prepped some 45-70 brass

I loaded .410 shotshells.
    That's the first time that I have ever said that.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Made half a bucket of wheel weights into ingots.

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Lubed and sized about 200 of the new MP 40- 160 HP boolits I cast the other day. Going to load up and fire some test rounds tomorrow with AA#5. For 10 mill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sized some .459 600 and 510 grain PC bullets. To try my new PAST shoulder pad.

I loaded some Hornady 110gr HP and some 130gr Spire point in the neat little 6.8 SPC cartridge. Like all the AR 15 cartridges; its "almost"something else- in this case the .250 Savage.
    I have ordered cast bits as well for it.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Emptied my 5-gallon bucket bullet trap(s). Almost 50 pounds of raw range lead between the 2 of them.

Man I love free lead.

Tested a load for 10mm. I estimated my starting load to be about 1120 fps and my ending load of the ladder to be 1220 fps with the top end of the ladder being fairly high pressure...

Well, my starting load was right around 1220 fps - so I get to pull some boolits and now I know my ending charge...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    Spent it looking for the set of 7.62x54R dies that I had my hands on 3 days ago... And not done looking yet!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    Spent it looking for the set of 7.62x54R dies that I had my hands on 3 days ago... And not done looking yet!
    Ya I was adjusting a scope mount yesterday and have been looking for the wrench ever since. If I could just get my Looking For Stuff to line up with my Can't Remember Stuff I wouldn't have to worry about stuff.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Ya I was adjusting a scope mount yesterday and have been looking for the wrench ever since. If I could just get my Looking For Stuff to line up with my Can't Remember Stuff I wouldn't have to worry about stuff.
    Check inside any cupboards or drawers you may have opened around then. Don't ask how I know this.

Boolit Buddy
    I made 50-68 grain swaged bullets. Using BT Sniper's -no anneal method.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    Check inside any cupboards or drawers you may have opened around then. Don't ask how I know this.
    I just tried that, no luck. Time to buy a new one on Amazon so when the old wrench shows up I can send the new one back. Or does having a plan disrupt Murphy's Laws?
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    Tested a load for 10mm. I estimated my starting load to be about 1120 fps and my ending load of the ladder to be 1220 fps with the top end of the ladder being fairly high pressure...

Well, my starting load was right around 1220 fps - so I get to pull some boolits and now I know my ending charge...
    Wonder what boolit that is. Just loaded some mp 40-160-hp at 157.7 gr. For the 10 I’m looking to get 1325 out of it. Trying to interpolate between the 145 and the 170 in the data. Well that was yesterday I haven’t fired any of those yet but today cast 18 pounds accurate alarms 40–1 65 -H. And 40–215 –F. They come from the same mold. Good combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandoair View Post
    Wonder what boolit that is. Just loaded some mp 40-160-hp at 157.7 gr. For the 10 I’m looking to get 1325 out of it. Trying to interpolate between the 145 and the 170 in the data. Well that was yesterday I haven’t fired any of those yet but today cast 18 pounds accurate alarms 40–1 65 -H. And 40–215 –F. They come from the same mold. Good combo.
    My boolit is the Accurate 40-180 BG but without the lube grove. I'm getting that guy just over 1300 fps with about 14 grain of AA#9. But I was looking to tone it down just a little so the steel challenge guys don't get so pissed and I can actually double tap with acceptable accuracy.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Sized 300 pieces of .44 Mag brass and polished them. Set up my Magma Case Master Jr. with the case feeder from my Dillon 650 and push-through sized about 1250 pieces of .40 S&W and polished them. Cleaned up the little bits and pieces from setting the reloading room up. Loaded a few .357 Mags and 4 dozen .30-'06 for the M-1 Garand. Found a few bullets that look a lot like 53 grain Sierra Match Kings but didn't match anything else I had and they were all 0.3-0.4 gr light of 53 grains so I loaded them up as .22-250 plinkers. Took pictures while it was clean. Posting them in a separate thread. OK, this was over two days but it was fun getting the room ready to use again.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris