MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Worked on home made in my shop push though die .353 until eleven oclock. Went out to lunch for Birthday lunch with my son and daughter-in-law. Back home, change into bathing suit and robe to sit in the sun with my wife for twenty minutes, then dressed for work in the shop finishing up the push through die. Sized a few 125 grain "9mm" boolits and loaded three for test in new rifle in 350 Legend/ Win brass with 26.3 grains H110, a start load. Opened a package of two ten round mags. for the .350. May shoot tomorrow after UTube Church out in the backyard. Pushed a pure lead boolit through the barrel to find the bore nowhere near .356 (SAMMI specs are .357). Checked some 125 grain factory jbullets FMJ .356 that measured .353. That may mean that my measuring equipment may not be calibrated. Could not seat the bullet in the groove. It had to be seated hiding the bands completely. Where the bullet headspaces, the rifling begins. Still humming the "No White Christmases in Houston" song about sittin on the back porch with an Iced Tea in my hands.

Was busy today! Prepped another 300 350 Legend cases, made 200 40 cal gas checks and PC/GCd/Sized and BLL'd 150 more boolits to be loaded as hot 10mm rounds.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by John McCorkle View Post
    Got any pictures? Would like to see your design

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Sure. I’ll post them later today.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Needed to take my mind off of life’s issues so wife was kind enough to to give me some time to play at the casting table. Cast up a bunch of MP 452-200 HPs and conditioned the new MP 432-259 Larson mold and cast some pentas and some flats. All in all, a good distraction.

Boolit Buddy

Added LED lights to 3 presses & a mini camera & 31 in tv to see in cases. Eyes are giving out. Wonderful to be old??!!
    SEMPER FI remember you only have the "RIGHTS" you are willing to fight for & except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism, and communism, WAR has never solved anything!

Vegas Vince / NRA Benefactor / USMC

Boolit Master
    Swagged cores I cut a couple of days ago. Then matched them up with derimed 22lr cases. Got them to +- 0.1 gr by using the waste lead from my core swag die.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

I resized and primed a couple hundred 44 mag brass.

Boolit Master
    Cleared off the reloading bench, vacuumed the bench and floor then went out shooting until the cold got to me.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Stuffed a few 30-06 cases to try out on paper . Maybe even tomorrow

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Mold
    Loaded 100 rounds of 30 carbine for my Blackhawk. Re-looking some loads (50) with the 311410 130 grain boolit over 2400, and trying another batch (50) with the Ohaus 30-120-F 120 grain gas checked boolit over the same charge of 2400. I'll be shooting these at 100 yards. Problem is, they always shoot high, and the sights are bottomed out. I need to switch to lighter boolits I think.

In the batch with the 311410s, I deprimed with a universal deprimer, and only partially resized the cases hoping that might help with accuracy. I suspect it won't make any difference, but I'll find out. The cases chamber with a little push.
    Last edited by hodg0610; 01-03-2021 at 11:01 PM. Reason: additional info

Boolit Master

MUCH!!!

Room expansion went FAR yesterday. My buddy worked all day!!! Its looking great!!
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    vegas vince - GONRA sez yer gonna drive yerself NUTS trying to peer into cases (to check powder level?)
    >>> Just stick a small nail into every case to witness its been charged! <<<

When loading subsonic 5.7x28FN for example, this is part of the procedure to GET IT RIGHT EVERY TIME!
    Just do some Advanced Theoretical Thinking relative to YOUR loading equipment to figger out remainder......

Learning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM006684.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	274695 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM006679.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	274696

DG

Those look good, DG. The roll crimps are cool!
    Small game beware!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by John McCorkle View Post
    Got any pictures? Would like to see your design

This cabinet was made of leftover OSB from building the new shop. It was in the way and not good for most of the things I needed to build. My reloading area was squeezed into the top of the shop and the ceiling is the inside of the sloped roof so there's no place to go vertical. It's all scraps, mostly from flooring OSB. The only new parts are the hinges, hasp and screws. I put a little riser under it to keep from having to reach all the way to the floor to get to the bottom shelf. I'll probably have some leftover birch ply later and will make a top for it from better materials.

It might be stoopid to post photos of my powder inventory but I didn't want to unload the cabinet. Didn't have any photos of it empty. The spacing on the left is 7" between shelves. That allows for full tipping of the bottles without the shelf above interfering. The spacing on the right is 10" and it accommodates most taller bottles/canisters.

The first picture is while it was under construction, the second is in its final place with the riser.

Name:	IMG_2365.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	274708 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2366.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	274709
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    This cabinet was made of leftover OSB from building the new shop. It was in the way and not good for most of the things I needed to build. My reloading area was squeezed into the top of the shop and the ceiling is the inside of the sloped roof so there's no place to go vertical. It's all scraps, mostly from flooring OSB. The only new parts are the hinges, hasp and screws. I put a little riser under it to keep from having to reach all the way to the floor to get to the bottom shelf. I'll probably have some leftover birch ply later and will make a top for it from better materials.

It might be stoopid to post photos of my powder inventory but I didn't want to unload the cabinet. Didn't have any photos of it empty. The spacing on the left is 7" between shelves. That allows for full tipping of the bottles without the shelf above interfering. The spacing on the right is 10" and it accommodates most taller bottles/canisters.

The first picture is while it was under construction, the second is in its final place with the riser.

Name:	IMG_2365.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	274708 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2366.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	274709
    That looks really great!! Good job!

I really appreciate the way you thought through the height needed to tilt a bottle not just horizontally slide it in or out of place

I find with reloading there are so many scattered 'pieces parts' that organization is both a must and nearly impossible without a decent amount of forethought.

I have a scrap wood shelf holding my primer stash and organization for empty brass below...my real need is a shelf system for all the dies, sizing dies, priming rams, allen wrenches, shell holders ECT ECT ECT....I have tried several iterations of organization containers and boxes but nothing seems to scratch the itch the way I'd like just yet

Boolit Buddy

Loaded 80 rounds of 45-70, had pulled these down because they were cowboy action loads (650 fps). Loaded them with 38.0 grains of IMR 3031 topped with whatever 405gr boolits the rounds came with and it was a vast improvement.
    Finished 75 rounds of 68gr BTHP sierras for my 223 bolt and 30 rounds of 77gr BTHP for the same gun. Its nice being able to load up some bullets after finally getting the test rounds complete.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Buddy
    if you are interested in using 32-20 cases to shoot in your blackhawk look up john goings aka beagle on this site as he has a great article on how to do it that i enjoyed so much i started using 32-20 instead of 30 carbine....LOVE that ! mine is a 1976 model and now has the rim to headspace on !

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by green mountain boy View Post
    if you are interested in using 32-20 cases to shoot in your blackhawk look up john goings aka beagle on this site as he has a great article on how to do it that i enjoyed so much i started using 32-20 instead of 30 carbine....LOVE that ! mine is a 1976 model and now has the rim to headspace on !
    Thanks! I might have to give that a try. I think I've seen the article you mention, but I'll certainly look it up again now.

I cast Lee TL314SWC90, 452230TC, and 379250F until the pot was empty. Then I knocked the barnacles out of the pot for a fresh start next time.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk