Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    This followed me home today.
    Hornady 663
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Hey flyingmonkey....Nice!!!!

Me, I spent a few hours coating (PC & Hi-Tek) about 56 lbs of .45 RN bullets. Now all I have to do is size them, but that should go pretty quick in my Lee APP and my bullet feeder!
    Ed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bullets PC & HiTek.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	261937

Banned

Sized and lubed and seated gas checks on 500 bullets for my Siamese mauser I rebarreled to 348 Winchester!

Loaded 38 rounds of 40 thinking I had another bag of boolits ready to go. Went to get the bag and they had not been PC'd. Doh!
    So, PC'd a few hundred more 40s and water quenched them so I can load tomorrow.
    WWG1WGA

Had a win 94 in 444 marlin fallow me home yesterday so I did a cerossafe casting of it and just because I had some extra I did my mosin nagant to I’m going to need more sizing dies

Thumbs up

Heading down to my reloading shop shortly. Heading to the range to meet a friend (our range just re-opened last Wednesday!) to shoot some rifles together, so I need to load a few test rounds in .35 WCF (Winchester 1895 rifle), .45-70 Govt. (original Remington Hepburn), and .50-70 Govt. (C. Sharps Arms 1874 Hartford Sporter). Looking forward to a day at the range! Forecast says we might get some rain tomorrow, but we're under cover at our rifle firing point so that is not an issue.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Last Saturday I shot up some 41 magnum 220 grain Flat Point that for some reason I loaded for Grizzly. Glad that's over with! After that I shot up some milder unique loads and I'm really coming to like the Burris fastfire 3. With either load I was nailing a pumpkin sized tree stump in the riverbed at close to a hundred yards. Last night I powder-coated some more bullets to load up just started sizing and priming the brass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ended up making up a small wooden box from some 6mm ply, with quick few coats of paint and clear coat
    To hold all PID Controller electronics for Lee 10lb Casting Pot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PID.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	261981

Boolit Master
    cast 150 x360gn 45-70 boolits with my new lee mold .cleaned with white spirit lubed sprue plate with 2 stroke oil .cast a few to get it hot then it cast good boolits that fell from mold . very pleased with another lee mold got 7 now all work well.

Loaded 116 40 S&W HPs... The mold is the NOE HTC 401-188 - these all had the full hollowpoint.

I'm used to casting/loading for about 3 pistol matches a month. There's no matches so I have a big pile of loaded ammo.

Need to cast some more.

Since I'm out of the boolits I use for 40 S&W, I cleared my RCBS chargemaster lite of AA #7 and am going to reload it with AA#9 to load up all my 10mm and 357 sig boolits. Guess I'll load all of these too.
    WWG1WGA

And all I did today in the Reloading Room/Garage was clean it up and get rid of all the empty 12 pack soda boxes that the wife and daughter throw on the floor out there instead of putting them in the Trash Can.

Boolit Bub
    Sizes some 45 acp brass.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Finally setup my turret for 10mm... Then "tested" my setup 100 times. Pleased to say it works.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    Between yesterday and today, I loaded 1000 223's, sized and lubed 1000 9mm's, 500 30-30's, and 300 223's. Cleaned up the reloading room from the move here in December. I can actually find things now. Need more 223 brass to load. Still need to finish the 9mm's, about 2000 left. Then all the brass will have been loaded during this quarantine. Haven't been able to go to the range this whole time so I decided to make good use of the time.

Moderator Emeritus

rainy day, so I sorted (by Headstamp) a med FRB full of 38 spl brass.
    ...there was a couple dozen stamped "RANGE"...Never seen that one before, I kinda thought that was funny.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    I REsorted my once fired 9mm brass by headstamp (same companies, different variant stamps).

I REcleaned my once fired 9mm brass (tumbled in walnut hull and store a while back. Got a bit dull, and I've gotten into wet tumbling recently, soooo...).

Yes, I've reloaded all my stock, even went to the range. But a lot of other activities here have been shut down by the stay at home order, so I have extra time.

Boolit Grand Master

Just started resizing a medium flat rate box of 40 S&W's that I got in a trade with another member. Before I'm finished I'll tumble them and sort by headstamp.

Boolit Grand Master

Still resizing 40 S&W's. I used to think that 9mm's would reproduce if left together! I'm pretty sure 40's do too!

Boolit Master

Processing range pickup brass. Learned something new too. Ran into some berdan primed 556 brass.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Yesterday I loaded 100 303 British, ran out of boolits so cast up ~400 more.

Made up a PIF box for a mold that is on the way.

Today is going to be cut grass here and @ the farm, 4-5 hours worth. Then size the 303 and load the remaining 70 rounds.

If I'm still moving after that, start casting a batch of 311284's. And maybe finish the small batch of Toys For Tots toys that are in process on the bench. Goal is 120 by Christmas, have 70+ completed now.

This house arrest continues until Labor Day, I might have my list of stuff to do whittled down to a manageable level.

I loaded 50 each of these 3 boolit styles for the .41 magnum. Left to right, MP 41-265 TS(261gr), Lee 410TLswc, and the MP41-258hp(215gr). The cup nose and TL are loaded over Bullseye for fun, the hp over H110 for deer/pig hopefully! A shout out to member 41mag for the MP boolits- thank you sir! Those heavy 41-265's barely fit in the Blackhawk cylinder- too bad there's no buffalo about....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk