RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 44 of 605 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144544 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy
    Today I loaded up 1250 rounds of .45acp. Assorted range brass Tula primers, Promo and tumble lubed 230 grain Lee TC's. That'll hold me for a while.

Boolit Buddy
    Sized and deprimed about 250 .38 Special and .357 cases, which are now in my Thumbler's Tumbler getting pretty and shiny. Am taking stock of what primed and ready cases are to be loaded and with what. Wondered what my wife and children are going to do with all my reloading stuff when I go to the shooting range in the sky. Don.

Boolit Grand Master

Found scratches in my Lyman die, after about 350 cases. They're not deep enough to trash the brass, but it's disheartening. I did get several K cleaned and polished though.

Boolit Master

Tallbald
    I told my wife to throw all my stuff into the dumpster behind my house.
    I have told all my buddies about this and they will be at the dumpster
    the day after the funeral.
    All is good
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy
    Powder coated a bunch of 45 acp and 40 s&w.

Boolit Master
    My schedule coincided with a friends that I haven't seen in a while, so I dug out the Wilson hand dies and the arbor press and loaded up a hundred 223 improved. He liked the rifle, and it liked him. He shot several ragged hole groups at 100 yds. I didn't do so well, 1"+ groups. No problem, I'm not consistent and today I wasn't shooting well. I had a GREAT DAY!
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Buddy

Sorted and tumbled brass today. I'll be glad when i get through the 2100 lbs of brass that's left to sort!

Boolit Master

Shot a match on Saturday. Lost 90% of my brass; .40 S&W. Went back Sunday, scrounged about half of my brass and about 500 more that others left. Ran it through the polisher, then through the Case Master Jr. And then back to the polisher. I like to load shiny brass. Getting closer to retiring, I'm trying to break even on brass attrition so I can shoot a few matches without worrying about losses now.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    I know what you mean. I only have 10k or so .40S&W brass myself and I hate losing any!

Boolit Buddy

Loaded 540 rounds of 9mm. Assorted range brass, Tula primers, and 125 grain Lee RN tumble lubed over Titegroup.

Banned
    I've spent the last 3 days sorting several hundred #s of foundry & mono. The big ones are easy but the single letters mixed with the little lino/lead slivers are a PIA & dirty. Got so much of that stuff I'll need to start trading for pure to mix it.

I walked by my bench about 15 times today while running parts on the chucker. At one time I actually sat an egg crate full of parts on the open space on my reloading bench since it's about the only horizontal surface open right now.

Sometimes I just have to put this stuff aside or else I get nothing else done.

I still have to work.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Just drank a few beers and cleaned my 650. Then drank a few more and took a nap. Good day overall.

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded a few 10 mm rounds to test the new powder funnel from Mr. Bullet Feeder I put in yesterday. Seems to work good. Then I changed the press over to 45 acp so I can load some for my wife. Wished I would have ordered a powder funnel for 45 acp also as I like how it works with cast bullets.

De-priming 223s for future 300s

In Remembrance

Loaded some 45-70 to test.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Smelted half a big coffee can of range scrap I picked up yesterday while testing some CB loads I'd made for my 30-06.

Boolit Master

Loaded a few .38S&W with black powder.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Well I really needed a place where I could set up my Master Caster that was outdoors.
    I thought I would just build a bench with some studs and plywood, but after checking prices at Home Depot it was depressing.... But, as I was about to give up, I asked one of the guys in the lumber dept if they had any pre-built work benches, and he said yes, they had one for about 100 bucks. It was just what I needed, but I did need to get some galvinized sheets to cover the top of the bench with since it was going to see some hot metal more often than not so here is the project. Getting it set up, cutting the hole in the deck so the bullets can slide down the tube to the bucket of cold water for instant quenching treatment.

Here are some images

Boolit Master

Awesome Great
    Thank you for sharing
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Page 44 of 605 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144544 ... LastLast