RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Loaded the last of my recently processed 223. Makes 1000 rounds loaded in the last week. Blew through 400 yesterday with a coworker friend at the range and going again tmro. Fiance prolly won't see me for a few days, lost in the reloading room.

Boolit Buddy
    Yesterday I cast 400 of the RCBS 35 200 for my 358 win. That ought to be enough to see if the gun likes them!

Boolit Master
    loaded up a 100 357 mag .if it ever stops raining i must cast some 357 and 45-70 boolits

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevyod View Post
    Yesterday I cast 400 of the RCBS 35 200 for my 358 win. That ought to be enough to see if the gun likes them!
    That is a lot of 358s , I like the 358 & 356

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73C164C1-B32B-46DE-B343-6E6829498307.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	257797

357 Maximums

IMR 4227 Lyman 358429 HP

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Mold
    40 158gr cast in PBtP Wet Red load development for my custom 300 BLK.

First time casting
    First time powder coating
    First time reloading
    First time load development

Not my first rodeo behind the trigger. Been thinking about reloading for the better part of 5 years. Been reading books, bloggs and fourms, watching tutorial videos and lots of YouTube.

Had a case crinkle on me tonight when I went to load a CB in it. I assume it's from not holding the projectile correctly while setting the bullet in the case.

Nevertheless, O can't wait to shoot these bad boys this weekend and see how they perform!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Decapped a few hundred 38 specials on APP press dump them in the collator and when the bin gets full dump them back in a can only touched 4 or 5 I am liking this little press .

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    Would love to hear a user review on the thermometer. Been seeing them listed and curious how well they work.
    I've used mine for over two years. It works well, however I purchased a 12" probe for mine after the original started melting, my fault. Contacted Lyman who sent a replacement. Explained it was my fault and was willing to pay for a new one.....no charge. Still have the replacement new in the package. For the money I would recommend the thermometer.

The Dar, thank you for the review. I may just have to try one.

Quote Originally Posted by bisher.arthur View Post

First time casting
    First time reloading

Not my first rodeo behind the trigger. Been thinking about reloading for the better part of 5 years. Been reading books, bloggs and fourms, watching tutorial videos and lots of YouTube.

Had a case crinkle on me tonight when I went to load a CB in it. I assume it's from not holding the projectile correctly while setting the bullet in the case.

Nevertheless, O can't wait to shoot these bad boys this weekend and see how they perform!

It looks like you might be seated too deep... If you find that you have poor accuracy, maybe seat the boolits out a little further -- otherwise - go with it!
    WWG1WGA

Freedom thumpers!
    240 grain 44 cal gas check boolits.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RWB_44s.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	257877
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    I cast some .25 caliber 90 grain boolits using an Ideal tong tool that recently came my way. My other .25 molds include weight ranges of 69RF, 75RN and 77RF, all GC. The tong mold is in the original and classic weight for the 25-20 cartridge I am firing in a Savage Sporter rifle. So far with alloy blending, water dropping and powder selection, the most accurate boolit in this rifle (by far) is the 77RF over IMR4198. Just wanted the original design for experimenting with its weight range in this rifle.

Boolit Master
    prepped some 45-70 brass sized trimmed etc

This past week I have been working on several thousand 223's. Clean, decap, pockets swaged, trimmed and chamfered in and outside mouths. Put them in corncob media with NuFinish to keep them nice and pretty til they get loaded. Still working on the testing for the ar but with the range being remodeled and work it's been slow going.

Boolit Master
    Sorted brass. It would seem I have way to much of many and to little of others. I mean just how many pieces of 30-30 brass does one need? Do ya think 2700+ is enough? Time to start sharing with other.

I also came to a realization this year. My eyes are no longer able to use iron sights well enough so it’s time to let some firearms go.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

First time casting
    First time reloading

If a CB seating they are larger so yes one need be careful aligning before pulling the handle.

Also although not a standard for most rifle rounds a slight flair can be applied as a starter for CB loads.

Also sometimes just spinning the deburr “rocket ship” in the case mouth breaks any burr that might be there easing the seating.

Great hobby been rewarding me for nearly 40 years. Enjoy

CW

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    It looks like you might be seated too deep... If you find that you have poor accuracy, maybe seat the boolits out a little further -- otherwise - go with it!
    Just curious of seat depth. Does it really matter so long as it isn't compressing the charge and it goes into battery?

Boolit Master

Generally speaking the magazine is gonna be limiting in factor before too long a OAL. But yes seating a bullet too long can extend into the rifling and this can raise pressure. More a issue with a jacketed bullet than a cast lead.

CW

Boolit Buddy
    Just curious of seat depth. Does it really matter so long as it isn't compressing the charge and it goes into battery?

Absolutely! Seating too deep can cause overpressure.

Loaded some 413-640 MP 222gr, small hp, PC over 7.5grs Unique for easy shooting .41 magnum fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 428 of 601 FirstFirst ... 328378418419420421422423424425426427428429430431432433434435436437438478528 ... LastLast