Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Doubles Shooter, very nice indeed. I just started with that same SWC mold. I have about 20 of them loaded and just need to test shoot them.

Boolit Buddy

loaded a couple hundred 300 BO
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master

I went out to the garage and looked at my casting gear. I have been itching to cast up some plane based 223 boolits With harder alloy. It’s an NOE 62 grain round nose for powder coating. Too many other honey do jobs but if I knock them out I can get a hundred or so fast in no time. I have a mission!
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Banned
    I just loaded up a few 30-30 cases with large pistol primers and 3.4 grains Tight Group behind a Meister 94 grain cast bullet sized to .309. Will see how it shoots next week after the snow melts.

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B3379C19-F429-4EE8-ADC8-2CEFCFFD83E9.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	254680

Also tumbled couple hundred 32 S&W shorts!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Buddy
    Went and tested 9mm/Power Pistol. 5.5gr if I remember right. Stuff shoots nice, bit snappy and a bit flashy indoors but worked very reliably and I got accuracy that was as good as the fool behind the gun.

.45 was a really mixed bag, I think I have a load I can live with till my Nitro 100 is gone. After that I'll have to develop something new but hey I have about 400-500 rounds which should be enough for a while.

Boolit Grand Master

Still tumbling the range brass that I collected last year. Ran a couple of loads yesterday and plan on a couple more today.

Boolit Buddy
    Cranked out 150 rounds of .45 ACP. 4.4 old Nitro 100 (not NF) and a 215gr (Lee says 200) LRNFP. I had good enough luck with these I'm willing to dismiss the one bobble I had as something I should have plunk tested for or gotten a case gauge. Maybe even tolerances. Need to make some more 200 LRNs. May even throw down and get the 6 cavity mold since the 2 cav has serviced me well and I think I've gotten it sorted from a COAL/does this fit my gun standpoint.

Probably should have put together some new loads to test alternate powders with. Heck with it, I'll get there when I get there. Looking at the Alliant Data for the Speer 230gr CPRN Power Pistol seems like a winner although I may try Unique or Bullseye. I also have some 800X I could burn through that doesn't look too bad. I have a bit of HS-6 as well although it doesn't seem to give the velocity the other powders listed do. I'll probably burn the Nitro 100 up then transition to the 1/2LB of 800X then transition to Power Pistol subsequently. I guess I could burn up my Unique as well and get that out of the cabinet too.

The Lyman 49th manual lists Blue Dot as well but I'm just thinking I'll be dropping 10 gr a shot and I'd rather keep my Blue Dot for my AR Carbine because it really likes it with the longer barrel. That said I may also do a shoot off with Power Pistol and Blue Dot and see which one has a better net effect from a 16" barrel.

Boolit Buddy
    Found the load I like for 38 special, loaded up 1000 rounds. Either need to buy more brass or shoot some of it. Also loaded up the last 500 pieces of 9mm brass I have.

I’ve been avoiding pulling the 2000 9mm rounds I loaded with cast bullets before I knew better. I casted a boat load of the Lee TL356-124-2R. Tumble lubed them with the LLA that came with the .356 sizer I bought. Sized ALL of them .356, and lubed again. Then proceeded to load ALL of them, with your basic Lee 3 die set. They sat one the shelf for a awhile as I loaded and shot J -Words. I got tired of buying j-words so a grabbed a few boxes and headed to the range. I shot about 50 of them an noticed accuracy decline proceeded to shoot another 50 thinking it was me. Afterwards went to clean the gun and that’s when I noticed the horrid leading, it took awhile to get it cleaned. After that I learned to slug the barrel, cast the chamber, use a M Die, etc (all the stuff I should have done).

Boolit Master
    Dvdmacdaddy, well what did your barrel slug at? Was it bigger than you thought, and what are you going to try next? Mine slugged at .3555 and size to .356, with pc they work fine. This ads a little dia. At least to .357. Just interested in your outcome.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly View Post
    Dvdmacdaddy, well what did your barrel slug at? Was it bigger than you thought, and what are you going to try next? Mine slugged at .3555 and size to .356, with pc they work fine. This ads a little dia. At least to .357. Just interested in your outcome.
    It slugged at .355, I am now using the NOE ELCO mold and HITek. I was sizing at .358 no leading issues but had chambering issues. I now size .357 marginal leading issues over 200 rounds, I’ve narrowed the problem down to some brass swaging the base. I use a M Die now, I didn’t back then. I’ve pulled some of those mistake bullets and the bases are .354.

Sized, checked & lubed half a peanut jars worth of Lee 310-180 2R. Air cooled WW’s average weight is ~168.5

I have a mess of 9mm JHP and FMJ bullets I’m tired of looking at so they will be loaded up. At the same time I’ll try a few Lee 358-105 SWC in my new Beretta. Also I note that I only have hunting and SD ammo for the .41 and .45 ACP respectively; so boolits need to be loaded for them! So the 9mm prep begins.....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Sized, checked & lubed half a peanut jars worth of Lee 310-180 2R. Air cooled WW’s average weight is ~168.5
    I see I'm not the only that is getting under weight bullets from the Lee mold. Best it does is 170 grains with dead soft lead.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Case prep ........................ well at least it's not trimming by hand .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

I put in a toaster oven I picked up today at Goodwill. 1350 watt convection oven. Good score for 9.99. Got a couple hundred 200gr. semi-wadcutters and the same amount of 230gr. cast ball for my .45 awaiting my order of powder paint to arrive from Smoke. The Square Deal B is ready to roll as soon as the bullets are ready.

Doubles Shooter, with all that going on I hope to hear more from you on how this all turns out.

I looked for .45 auto rim loads with Lee 200 and 230 grain boolits.

Didn't find any.

Boolit Grand Master

Just started tumbling some more of last years range brass. Got tired and wasn't feeling so good so I took a break for a few days.

Boolit Bub
    loaded 6 boxes of 9mm 105 gr swc,s this morning. shot those ,came home and sized 500ish 230 gr tc, s.put this mornings bass in the tumbler and getting ready to take those out and load some more. been great day

Page 419 of 604 FirstFirst ... 319369409410411412413414415416417418419420421422423424425426427428429469519 ... LastLast