Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    1st bucket of 5, ww yielded 22#13.75 oz. SOWW and 54# COWW. 2nd bucket yielded 62# COWW no SOWW 2nd bucket mostly all good lead ww very little ZN must have been quite old it was stuck way back under stairs, other 4 have more SOWW and ZN scrap. Weather finally cooled some so had to try out new set up in big shop with propane piped in and cut off 50# Freon can a lots easer to sort on large table and hooked up to larger propane at $1.46 per gallon much more economical.

Boolit Master

Dug through all my "stuff" and did a small impromptu inventory. Knives, bullets, brass etc. Nothing too fancy, just digging around.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Powder coated 422 40 cal boolits with Smoke's John Deere green. They look nice.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Grand Master
    Yesterday I shot a Carbine Team match at the N-SSA Fall Nationals with the bullets from Post #8041 (we won a minor medal) and today the musket comes out! Life is good!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master

Go get 'em, Froggie! Happy to see things are going well for you. Guess it's been a tough summer, for you!

Dale53

Boolit Master

Got the 44 Spl brass out if the tumbler, sorted and counted. Ended up with 243 pieces.

Decapped 70 pieces of 7.62x54r, the rounds fired at the military Bolt-gun match at the club yesterday.
    Cleaned the primer pockets, dumped 'em in the tumbler for 2 hours.
    They're ready to brush the necks, and neck size.

Boolit Master
    After 6 years of being in the new house, I finally built my reloading bench with the help of my 11 year old daughter recently. Last night she helped me load up 50 rds of .38 special using 150 gr SWCs that I cast and lubed about 10 years ago. It was her first time handloading, and I'm not sure who enjoyed it more--her or me!

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaMike View Post
    After 6 years of being in the new house, I finally built my reloading bench with the help of my 11 year old daughter recently. Last night she helped me load up 50 rds of .38 special using 150 gr SWCs that I cast and lubed about 10 years ago. It was her first time handloading, and I'm not sure who enjoyed it more--her or me!
    That’s cool no matter how you slice it! ��

Boolit Master

Sadly nothing this week... Im 400 miles away on the road for work.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    Unpacked my new scale and got it zeroed out. It's a bit different from my last one, but I think I'll
    get used to it.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Mold
    I fired up the casting pot & used my new Lee 40Cal 170g TL mold.

Just did a quick batch of 250 rounds, Then while cleaning up I caught my thumb on the darn casting spoon

Ouch! Forgot the darn gloves again Got a quick reminder..

Boolit Buddy
    Just finished sorting the last of the bucket and a half of brass that I picked up from the range Sunday afternoon. Nothing exciting in this batch, about 100 38 Special, 6 357 Mag, and 4 44 Mag. And of course, thousands of 9mm.

Boolit Grand Master

Nothing much, just got back from vacation. I did sort a cup of weights and a cup of range brass that a friend dropped by. Felt good, even if it was just tinkering!

Boolit Master
    Yesterday, second to last day of vacation, I casted 2000 MP 227-75 Nato boolits and 1000 Elco boolits. I gas checked all the MP boolits and ran the Elco's through the Star. Then went to the range today, last day of vacation. Also weighed lubed and checked Nato boolits. Coming in at 71 grains give or take a tenth or two. Ive been cautious about the loading thinking they were in the 75-77 grain range. Might be able to notch it up a little.
    Last edited by sigep1764; 10-08-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Boolit Master

Just loaded some 45 Colt on the dillon. Boy those new Starline cases size hard. I was almost about to lube the cases. The primer pockets are tight too. I kept having to remove cases from the press and finish priming on my lee hand primer.
    Then I switched over to 38 specials and wow are they easy to size ahahaha. So easy I didn't notice when a 357 case made it's way in to the mix which I always tend to catch just by the increased effort needed to size the case.
    Ahh well 110 45s and 100 38s to waste some time before bed was nice

Sized/ deprimed some 9mm brass, rubbed in the 13 th coat of TruOil on a stock, and cleaned the chamber on a Savage 99 .243 to analyze sticky extraction problem.

Boolit Master

Neck brushed, neck-sized, and primed 70 pieces of 7.62x54r. I'll try to get them loaded in a few days for the Military Bolt-gun match at the club first of the month.

Pre-heated my new H&G #50 clone from MP. Made an oven over the hotplate, heated it 3 times; 250, 325, and 375 degrees successively.
    I let it cool to room temp between heatings. Hopefully I can cast with it in the next month or so.
    Last edited by Bookworm; 10-10-2019 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Spelling. Dang autocorrect.

Whipped up a perfect batch of little soldiers for my upcoming NH hunt. Lee 170 FP, powder coat, W748 - 32.0gr and WLRM primers stuffed into R-P brass.

I feel ready now.

redhawk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	170FP.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	337.6 KB 
ID:	249525

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Just went in and loaded up my ammo bag for tomorrow. I'm going to fire form some more 30/30 a.i. cases and shoot my .44 SRH tomorrow.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Last night I loaded 200 each 38 special. 3.5 grains of bullseye and a 358156 lined with carnauba blue seated to the bottom crimp groove. Tonight I did the same with 200 more with carnauba red.
    Should be enough for a week or two of shooting.