Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy
    The big rain washed out the hardtop road to the range, so range time is now weekend morning casting time. Might as well stock up boolits for the 45-70, 38 special, and too many muzzle loaders.

Boolit Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

I busted out my first NOE mold, a 358-135 RF that I haven’t seen in stock in a good while. This one has a long ogive and is an RG4 mold, casts a 128 gr. HP. Really easy mold to use, gets up to temp quick and stays there. Loading 9s currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I loaded 100 rounds of 9mm with the Lee 125 gr tc boolits and True Blue. That powder meters better than any I've ever had!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

I cast 20# more of the 180 Ranch Dogs, then dough out 60 old stock brand new Remington 30/30 cases and prepped them for this Carbine Im fiddlin with.

I will know tomorrow if carefully trimmed cases primed with Federal primers cure my misfires.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    I seldom if ever trim handgun brass. And I don't have any problems with it...... but that's me, YMMV....
    I trim once to get a batch to all be same length so crimping for revolver will be consistent.

Sizing .360 160 grain SWC from a new to me used NOE mold. Loving the Lee push through sizer after applying a bit of a polish with a gun cleaning patch tip holding some 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper and oil. Very brief application with drill at slow speed. Made a world of difference in how smoothly the bullet goes through and how cleanly it sizes. Have 150 done on way to doing 250 so I can try them out with tumble lube and PC just to see how well they work.

Like tumble lube with BLL for the ease, like PC for how well it works.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    I loaded 40 32-20 with 115 gr rnfp 2.5 TB
    Why only 40......that's all the brass I have.

Boolit Bub
    Trimmed and primed 80pcs 30-06 brass

I'm A Honcho!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3298.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	243953

Test loads of the MP Molds WFN 434-250 Beartooth Clone. Cup point yields 239.5 grains and I sized to .431 and put them behind 12 grains of Unique.

The coat is Smokes Translucent Copper. I want to be able to tell these apart at a glance. Should give a good balance between expansion and penetration at the estimated 1500 + FPS from a rifle and 1300 from a 4 inch revolver.

Im hoping that these shoot equally well from a rifle and my Taurus M44.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

Boolit Master

Flyingmonkey35, I just hit this thread and when I saw your post, I thought my wife must have posted pictures of us! We spent several half-days last month repairing her Coachman 24' 5th wheel! Only it was a lot more work than what I saw, we replaced the rubber roof and as well repairing wood rot in the corner and inside, right at the back edges. We didn't take any pics that I know of but it was a tough, hot miserable experience in the North Carolina heat and humidity!

Started stripping the stock on the 1973 Win 94 stock for refinishing....its nothing fancy...just getting rid of the dents and scratches. The metal receiver is what really needs the help....I think a little blue remover and then some new Cold Blue is in order.

It can't really look worse when I'm done than what it does now.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Cast 405 gr 457 /180gr 358 /160 gr 309 boolits, about sixty of each as I didn't have much time and it's in the 70s here which is hot for us .

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    I cast over two pots worth!!! Close to 50#!!

180 Ranch Dog 6 gang mold (borrowed) I AM STILL
    LOOKING TO BUY THIS MOLD!

My NOE group buy 280/454 mold came and I cast nearly 300 with it!

LOVE THESE NOE MOLDS!!!

CW
    Show the 450 BM Boolits please. I hate to say this...but I follow you to steal your load data...
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.

I'm A Honcho!

Name:	IMG_3301.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	243975

Cast enough NOE 434 Keith Boolits to test with 22 grains of H110 or 23 Grains of 300 MP. I dont think Elmer would mind a little change to his design. Now I have a Keith that can make the turn in the Ruger Rotary Mag crimped in the crimp groove.

Loaded 5 372 grn 45/70 with varget and 5 320 grn 45/70 with varget. Just getting some 5 shot strings ready to see what my new never fired sbl likes. Had hand surgery on a torn tendon so it will have to wait a few months. I still have 90 fresh new brass left so i will have a lot of loads to try. I am starting with varget but i have IMR3031 and H4198 on deck. God willing i will find a exceptional hunting load !

Boolit Master

I cast bullets for the first time since March. Been waiting until my neighbor finished her Backyard remodel.
    First time I went out to the Patio to Cast I looked over the the wall, and 5 hispanic faces were staring at me.

I shut down and put everything away in the Garage.
    They finally finished Wed. So I got my gear and went to Finally Casting Bullets this Morning, 25-30lbs worth.

Used new to me a Lee 6cav #429-208-WC & a Lyman #42798 2cav. And My EXCELLENT N.O.E. 4cav TL432-240-RF, it casts the most perfect bullets that jump out of the mold when opened.
    My Neighbor did give me 2 soft tacos for lunch.

It was great to get back to casting after over 3 months.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

I welded two 1 inch nuts
    on top of my Lee 20 pound pot over the valve rod . My Lee pot leak is stopped with the lapping of the rod and spout and this extra weight helped , 1 drop of lead was on the pots base that's it. I cast 186 9mm 125 gr. bullets from my 6 cavity Lee mould in about 25 minutes to give my new casting bench and the pot a test it worked out great. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nutleepot.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	244009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cast1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	244010

Quote Originally Posted by Keith 429421 View Post
    I welded two 1 inch nuts
    on top of my Lee 20 pound pot over the valve rod . My Lee pot leak is stopped with the lapping of the rod and spout and this extra weight helped , 1 drop of lead was on the pots base that's it. I cast 186 9mm 125 gr. bullets from my 6 cavity Lee mould in about 25 minutes to give my new casting bench and the pot a test it worked out great. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nutleepot.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	244009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cast1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	244010
    Maybe I should try that... mine drips frequently but not constantly. Still annoying though

Boolit Buddy
    Had my first go with new brass mp mold. Was relatively successful. Lessons learned, make sure you preheat the mold, else it takes forever to get keepers. Also I had to run the pot about 20 degrees C hotter than with an ali mold. Tomorrow I'll cull out the wrinkled ones and have another go. If I finish the day with 40lb of good boolits I'll be happy.

Boolit Buddy
    Yesterday I made some room in the casting/reloading shop by hauling 24 five gallon buckets of brass to the recycler. I had forgotten how much floor space I have.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatch View Post
    Had my first go with new brass mp mold. Was relatively successful. Lessons learned, make sure you preheat the mold, else it takes forever to get keepers. Also I had to run the pot about 20 degrees C hotter than with an ali mold. Tomorrow I'll cull out the wrinkled ones and have another go. If I finish the day with 40lb of good boolits I'll be happy.
    Get a hot plate and re- purpose a small pan of some type from the kitchen cabinet. You might be out 10 dollars...but you will save yourself hours or days in time.

Name:	IMG_3300.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	244026

You can see mine behind the mold. I put the mold on the hot plate. Put the small cast iron pan on it face down covering the mold with the handle sticking out. Put ingots on top...just in case there is moisture on them and to warm them. I let them go on 3/4 full power for the entire time the lead is melting.

Most of the time I get good pours on the first or second pour if the mold is clean.

Page 383 of 604 FirstFirst ... 283333373374375376377378379380381382383384385386387388389390391392393433483 ... LastLast