WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

I recently got rid of a .44 Mag contender barrel and since it was the only .44 Mag I had, I melted down a large quantity of hard cast SWCs and recast them as .45 FPRN bullets for the .45 colt. (I have 4 of those) No point in wasting the lead.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jimb16 View Post
    I recently got rid of a .44 Mag contender barrel and since it was the only .44 Mag I had, I melted down a large quantity of hard cast SWCs and recast them as .45 FPRN bullets for the .45 colt. (I have 4 of those) No point in wasting the lead.
    No doubt!!! I did the very same!! Last box went was 45’s. I shoot them allot but they where lubed and I have all but switched to powder coated!

Last night was home late, all I really did was search for some 32 H&R for a trade and confirm a couple Other brass calibers.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Banned
    Reloading room is closed until we make our move.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by slughammer View Post
    Take a tip from the thrift shop pewter collectors..... Drop anything you buy on the asphalt! And then kick it to the car!
    I need to learn that lesson, GF has appropriated some nice pieces...

Boolit Master
    Fired the ladder loads of 748 in 270 Win today. 25 yards is the furthest my indoor range goes to, our main 100 yard range is closed for at least another year for renovations. Have to drive an hour south this next week as 33 grains and 34.5 grains showed one hole groups with one flier each for 5 rounds apiece.

Also tried out the NAA in 32ACP with 1.8 grains of Red Dot and the new magazine catch NAA sent out. Still wants to eject the mag twice each full mag and fired out of battery. Went next door to the gun shop and they are sending it back to the factory for me. We will see what happens.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by slughammer View Post
    Take a tip from the thrift shop pewter collectors..... Drop anything you buy on the asphalt! And then kick it to the car!
    You should see the strange looks I get from cashiers when I crush the lip on a Jefferson cup after I pay for it.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Where did you go? I haven’t been in years other than popping a few while scouting for Antelope a couple years ago.
    We hunt out in the Texas Pan Handle and over into Oklahoma. We have a friend that ranches and if he does not have enough for us he calls around to his neighbors. Its getting harder to find a place to go. It seem like everyone that can afford to poisons them.

We used to hunt around the Dalhart area but eventually lost that contact.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Cast 50 .360 160 grain SWC from a new to me used NOE mold. Had some hardball alloy in the melter so just used that. Made some really nice boolits. Can't wait to try them, but will have to garden and yard work are a priority this time of year. Along with some painting and staining chores.

I'm also in a group buy for a .360 HP mold that should drop a 163 grain boolit so I expect the SWC and HP may prove accurate with the same loads so I can paper punch with the SWC and switch to the HP that will shoot the same. It's good to have dreams they say.
    Managed to overcook those 50 when baking the powder coat so I cast up 350 more. They didn't slump over but the bottoms got sort of spread out. Sizing them had me standing up to use a little of my weight on the press handle instead of sitting on my stool feeding them in a pulling the handle. Set them aside, not sure if they will become plinking ammo or just get re-melted. They darn sure won't be used to develop an accurate load for this new to me mold.

I also switched alloys. Hardball with its high 8% alloy content was casting them at closer to 158 grains than the 160 expected. I switched to 96/2/2 with BHN of ~11 with PC that should be plenty for 38 or 357. Interesting how alloy composition can make such a difference in weight.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Yesterday, I sorted 35cal J-word bullets into plastic canisters. I have both Hornady and Sierra's that I needed to keep straight.

Now today, I'm Ball grinding charcoal...its such a messy job....but once done, then I can mix up a new batch of BP.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Setting up for reloading 7.62x39 with cast- maiden voyage-I had better try a few before committing to a batch.

Boolit Master
    Annealed the case necks of the 270Win I shot the other day. Drying now and will load with 33 grains of 748 and 34.5 grains of 748 tmro night. Might take them to the lake on Sunday for a little longer range testing.

Realized that I was about 20 boolits short for the rifle stage tomorrow, so loaded 33 44 mag to fill up a box of 50.
    WWG1WGA

spent the week at scout camp with the boys.

almost got kicked out for shooting my candy cannon.lol

had a great time

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    After I got back from the range today I deprimed and sized all of my empty brass. It was storming so hard that I had to put on a set of ear muffs. I put the brass in the tumbler and turned it on while I was cleaning my pistols. I hadn't been to the range in two months, and my CZ was crying. It shot about 100 rounds without a bobble. The little Ruger did like it was supposed to. My accuracy was terrible, but I was shooting various loads. .5cc of Herco and my Ruger don't get along well.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

BUSY DAY!! I was a gunsmith most of the day!

Fit a welded up extractor into a Savage 24-A.

Then cut the stock down and fit a thin rifle pad.

On a 24V I fit a new stock, then a Limbsaver grind to fit pad.

Lastly, I put another limbsaver pad on my Marlin. But found two sets of holes already in stock. So I repaired that with a couple stubs of hard wood 3/8 dowels & epoxy. Then fit that pad too! Made a huge mess out on the deck with rubber grindings all over!!! Momma was none too happy! I asked if she preferred I made the mess inside. She quieted down. I cleaned it all up anyhow!

CW

Took the crown off of my 5th wheel and resealed it. should be good to go for a while now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Loaded 50 rounds of 9mm with some Lee 125 rf and 5 grains of Tru Blue...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Had a fun surprise! My buddy came by with a 80% 308 lower. He just had a baby and he's had a lot of stress, so he pops in and says "Hey, will your jig work for this?"
    I looked at him and said: "Yes, do you want to cut it tonight?" and I saw the "I need to get away for a couple hours." look.

So, we routed an 80% 308 lower and then drank a few beers. Fun times!
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8DC41E0E-ECBA-4357-98F9-07EB39476DF0.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	243359I pulled the last 30 pcs of factory 350 Legend ammo I had. Weighed & Saved the powder tossed the bullets into the metal bucket. Powder charges averaged 21 grs.

I re sized 140 FTX Jwords and then ran the cases thru the M-Die. Lastly I trimmed them all to 1.700. Im amazed that a case designed for HS off its mouth where SO FLAMIN FAR out of spec!!! Its like Winchester forgot this one head spaces off its case mouth and oal dims are important.

I loaded 20.8g of the factory powder and seated a newly re sized .356 140g FTX bullet into the cases. When I was done I had 19grs of powder remaining... I guess a least one case of over loaded too!!! I fired off about two and a half boxes of factory. Yes a couple Had pretty flat primers. Being its a bolt, not a huge overloading. But might have been bad in a AR.

Yesterday I formed about 50 30-06 cases to 8x57mm using some LC 67 brass. Tonight I will remove the primer pocket crimp and finish all brass prep.

Page 380 of 605 FirstFirst ... 280330370371372373374375376377378379380381382383384385386387388389390430480 ... LastLast