MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Bub
    Today is a clean up day. I ran 2,000 223 through the 1050 case processor last weekend. Sorting through stuff today to see what I can live without.

Boolit Master

Put some bullets up before coming into work.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Same thing I do everyday. Plot to take over the world!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Looked at it mournfully while heading back to work after lunch. (however I loaded up some 45-70's a few days ago, plus re-lubed some bullets for a muzzleloader.)

Mark

Boolit Master

Been workin' too much to do much of anything...

I did move some sorted brass out of the foyer to the loading room. (On my wifes naggin. ) Geesh its just a couple buckets of brass.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Used my new Dillon 550C to load some 9mm...200 rounds.

Boolit Master
    Punched out another 100 270 cal gas checks. Thought about doing other things, but today is a lazy day off.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Same thing I do everyday. Plot to take over the world!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I wish somebody would! None of your posts that I've read were too weird. Go for it, you have my support!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    Nothing yet, awaiting my sizing die from Midway. Lori got it for me for my birthday....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Loaded 150 30 carbine, continue with the other 700+ to be loaded tomorrow. Cut the steel for a couple of portable target stands that I'm welding up for a buddy. Took the wife out for lunch and managed to scrounge almost 6 lbs. of pewter for less than $10 along the way. And made some progress on cleaning up the benches in the shed.

Trying my hand at PC for the first time. I sized some 200 gr FP to .427" then shook them in a covered bowl with black air soft BBs, now they are in the toaster oven- in the shop. UT orange or some such that Camper64 pif'd me. They should be done now I better check.
    Last edited by Texas by God; 04-04-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Boolit Master

Used, for the first time, a collet neck-sizing die. This die was made by Lee, for the 30WCF (aka :.30-30). I'm resizing brass fired in the Remington 788 I procured last spring.

I used pin guages to check the ID of the necks of some once fired Win brass (I know it's once fired, I fired it myself) from factory loads. I decapped, tumbled, and neck brushed, then measured the necks. They pinned at .308.

I did the same on some twice-fired WIN brass. This was fired the second time with .311 sized boolits. Oddly enough, these pinned at .310.

Both fired from the same rifle. I figured the neck would expand the same, no matter. Apparently I was wrong.

Whichever, the collet die worked fine, bringing the neck ID to .306. Very easy to use. I'm going to like it.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Resized, cleaned the primer pockets, chamfered the necks, now on to loading all these 30/30 RP empties! 100, down, 500+ to go!!! We in it for the long haul now!! Ohhhh, and cleaned up the room, swept the floor, ..............."...........sure enough, rained it’s butt off today! Hahaha! Later.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Loaded 50 rounds of test ammo for my .40-50 Sharps Straight Remington Hepburn and then about 14 test rounds for my Lee Enfield single shot in .410 Musket. It's off to the range tomorrow to do some load testing on paper ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Smile

Not actually IN the reloading room, but near...and related. I didn't like the color of the G.I. style M-1 Garand sling I bought from Appleseed. The only color they offered... I mean...Olive Drab, really? Physical issues now prevent me from attending. Sooo, after watching GunBlue 490 on daTube, figured It's a better sling than what I have, why not make it a better color? Soooo... I bought some cheap "TULIP" brand Black fabric dye from Wally World, and dyed it. It didn't do so bad. It lost about 2" in length from all the hot water/soaking/washing/drying. Not enough to make it too short, and it looks good. I watched a YouTube "how-to" on reassembling it, and the presenter did it backwards, putting the multiple layer "stand off" that keeps the swivel or J hook from marring the stock on the outside, where it does no good, and the clamp or buckle with the webbing outside the keeper fingers. SHEESH! Anyhoo, properly together, a small project successfully concluded, and it do look sharp on my 10 22! Stay tuned for the next exciting episode!

Deprimed, resized and trimmed 200 44 magnum cases. This session was the first trimming session with my drill powered Lyman case trimmer. Took some tinkering with mounting and figuring out how to set it to my case length. It seems like it saves a little time but mostly saves arm power.

I realized I didn't have any PC'd boolits with gas checks, so I went looking and found a box with 26 44 magnum boolits with my W296 load. Then I found bags with 74, 11 and 16 240 grain GC boolits in them. SoGC'd, PC'd and resized those...

Then loaded 100 of the 101 44 magnum boolits with that same W296 load. I thought for a while about loading the 101th boolit, but didn't want a random catridge floating about...

Now, I have 176 for a trip to the range...

Was thinking that I would load 100 as trailboss loads too, but ran out of time. Maybe tomorrow.

Went through my other loaded ammo and found 120 .308s - I'll take them too. Also found a box of 45-70 with some mixed loads. That one is not a "mystery" box that I sometimes find, but it's only because I still remember consolidating that one - so I labeled it...

Busy day.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Not a darn thing AGAIN.
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Well I finally found a few spare hours to get these brass shotshells made for the 410.
    The brass came already annealed at the neck area, but I would need to anneal it further down on the body so the fire forming would expand the base area of the case as well. The brass is thicker towards the rim and you only get one good first time shot at a good forming. Using a cordless drill with a 1/2" socket to hold the base of the brass while it is spun in front of the flame until the purples start to show on the brass then it's tip the drill an drop it into the cold water. The brass should be sufficienctly softened enough to take the fire forming first time around. Then a quick dry in the oven, load regular large rifle primers, 10.7 grains of Unique powder with a poly foam disc to separate it from the cream of wheat, capped off with a custom cut card using a sharpened case mouth of another brass casings and all packed snuggly with a Bic pen and sealed with sodium silicate (water glass). A overnight drying and they will be ready to shoot.

Boolit Bub
    Started getting set up to run more 223 through the 1050. But couldn't get to my buckets of brass. That started the reorganization of the garage. Once I can get to the brass, I will be able to start everything running again.

Finally got to testing out loads for my 40 cal boolits.
    Made 20 40 s&w cartridges with various loads and found "my load" for AA #7.
    Turns out that 7.9 grain of AA #7 works nicely for my NOE 188 grain 401 HTC boolits in my Glock 35. Also turns out that above about 8 grain starts to make the cases bulge at the base quite prominently.
    I was amazed how easy it was to load 40 s&w... I've been loading odd ball rounds like the Tokarev and 357 sig recently and it was amazingly simple compared to those. I was able to setup my dies and load 20 rounds in about 30 minutes...
    WWG1WGA

Page 369 of 604 FirstFirst ... 269319359360361362363364365366367368369370371372373374375376377378379419469 ... LastLast