Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Getting started on some 30-30- 113FP over 4198 for the Mauser and 314TL90swc over Unique for the Marlin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Finally got around to moving the 750# machine table into reloading room. Didn’t really use it in big shop anyway. It’s 2’X7’ X36’’ tall, and has storage for ingots around bottom. After clean up and painting will be mounting 650 and RCBS single stage. Has 6’’ vice already mounted, so that’s a good thing, because the top is 1’’ Thick steel plate, very heavy. May have to go rent one of those magnetic drills to do this job.

Boolit Master
    I DID IT !!!!!!
    Those 30/30 brass that have been sneering at me finally got trimmed. As I am loading them into a single shot A.I. I may not have to trim anything for a long time.

Now to flare, prime and load some fire form loads....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Grand Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Since I’m home for the fourth weekday in a row I had time to get some more stuff done today. Cases are fully ready to load after deburr and anneal.

Necks, they’re straight wall but you get the point, are evenly annealed. Temp was confirmed w/ Templiaq. Could have taken them to where you get the blue hue but this was 1.5 seconds longer in the flame. Wouldn’t damage the case but the extra time isn’t needed.

All finished and ready to be bagged and put up.

Should be able to get the rifle built tomorrow. Probably should have done it today since it’s going to rain tomorrow. Including the inside of my garage since it’s still cold in there and it’s going to be in the seventies outside
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 03-14-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Powder coated 160 boolits with some new powder from Smoke. Signal Blue.
    The powder coats and flows great! I like it!
    Attachment 237977
    WWG1WGA

In Remembrance

A friend came over today and I taught him the basics of reloading, setting up the dies wasn't too hard since they were already set so I just explained everything to him.
    I then walked him thru each step of loading 20 rounds of 25-06 and weather permitting tomorrow we will go to the range for him to try out his work.

He may be hooked after tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Since I’m home for the fourth weekday in a row I had time to get some more stuff done today. Cases are fully ready to load after deburr and anneal.

Necks, they’re straight wall but you get the point, are evenly annealed. Temp was confirmed w/ Templiaq. Could have taken them to where you get the blue hue but this was 1.5 seconds longer in the flame. Wouldn’t damage the case but the extra time isn’t needed.

All finished and ready to be bagged and put up.

Should be able to get the rifle built tomorrow. Probably should have done it today since it’s going to rain tomorrow. Including the inside of my garage since it’s still cold in there and it’s going to be in the seventies outside
    That pile is gonna eat a LOT of powder!
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

I pulled the bullets and powder on 256 of the .41 magnums that came from an estate sale. Not sure of the load data (very sketchy & incomplete) so I pulled it all and since I am not sure of the primers, I de-capped them also. Now to start all over with the cases and bullets.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    That pile is gonna eat a LOT of powder!
    Nah, 375 H&H eats a lot of powder. It will eat up two lead ingots though. After doing the math to find out just how much it was it’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I guess the 375 H&H comes out on top there to

Boolit Grand Master

Had time to put together a 357AR upper today. Scope was mounted for picture purposes only. I need to lap the rings before it’s mounted permanently. I’m going to have to find a better thread protector. Most 5/8x24 are bored for 30 cal. A 30 cal this is not.

Boolit Master
    Started to rearrange my bench a bit. I got a little done, but only I can tell it.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Got my turret press setup for 9mm and loaded a few test rounds. A little light, so added a few tenths and got it dialed in. Now just need to do a proper loading session.

Boolit Master
    Got the 650 mounted on heavy table tonight, was quite a chore, with the 1” plate top and base was 1” also. Used drill press for base and had to hand drill table top and line up 3 - 5/16” holes through 2” thick steel. Only broke 1 bit though, had to sharpen several to drill all that. It’s mounted now and went ahead and made 1 boolit, just to see if it still worked, it did. Long day.

Had a nice cast session with my new mold:
    NOE HTC 402-188
    There's about 100 HP and about 300 cup point. The HP pins always seem like a good idea until you start casting with them... Such a pain! So, I let everything cool down so I could change the points to the cup points and then banged out a bunch of boolits.
    Attachment 238134
    WWG1WGA

I drank 4 beers and watched crime TV on the converter box channel in my shed. Enjoyed every minute of it.

Thought about reloading but since I was enjoying adult beverages did not engage.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master

CLEANING GUNS!!

Cleaning out pops safe! Wow he neglected a few of these!!! Luckly so far We got it dont in tine before serious damage resulted! My room REAKS OF AMMONIA!! Love how well Sweets works but for that smell!! Gonna bag the patches and get outside pail??
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    I used my arbor press to seat some gas checks on some Ranch Dog boolits I had, just to see. They fit better than the shank on my Lee boolits. I dipped lubed them in mule snot except for the one that I tipped over and let them dry. Only did 20, so maybe tomorrow I'll load them for my 30/30 A.I. to fire form.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Loaded some 357 sig for the match this week... I really am liking the Signal Blue...
    Attachment 238197
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Buddy
    Sized and deprimed three hundred .38 special cases. These are "once fired, mixed headstamp, range brass". Funny thing is that about six cases had their primer cups completely separate, like a pull top soup can. They all were headstamped Federal. I've read about this happening, but had not seen it happen first hand. They went in the trash. I thought about trying to save them, but then thought better of it.

Boolit Master
    Loaded up 100 x190grgc boolits over 11.5 gr 2400 for my 357 mag win 94 trapper .

Page 366 of 605 FirstFirst ... 266316356357358359360361362363364365366367368369370371372373374375376416466 ... LastLast