Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

Last night I loaded up 10 32 H&R Mag using newly cast 90gr Lee 50/50 boolits over 3gr Promo. Dug out some Win spp to load up some 40cal as the S&B primers looked strange to me after firing. Loading over 7.0gr Power Pistol using a 150gr Nosler HP
    Last edited by jonp; 11-14-2018 at 05:24 AM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    been there , still doing that, some day I will change but for now its just organized confusion.

Boolit Master
    Yday I tossed some of my tumbled cases out and got the media out of them; my 450 bushmasters, hand full of 38-55, and some 30-06 I already sized and trimmed.

Decided to load my 450 bushmasters w test loads. Aa9 w my accurate 45-280 gas checked. While doing that I remembered why my imr 4198 load fouls. When I did that ladder test awhile back my best loads were at the high end and that’s when I started fouling so I said I’ll just deal w it. Turns out I can’t so hopefully the aa9 will take care of “a good load” without the fouling

Well, I continued with the cleanup of my reloading / gun shop today and got things cleaned up and organized a bit further. Still got quite a ways to go, but it's improving and I can almost see some light at the end of the tunnel. Finding a few treasures that I'd mis-placed or lost which is a bonus!
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Banned
    When I obtain 5.56 brass I de prime it with a Lyman Universal de priming tool(die) and then ream the primer pockets and the mouth, next lube and size. Put them in small plastic bag and label until I need them. I have discovered it pays to label all containers. Reamed, sized, ready to prime, and so on. I have never drilled out the hole under the primer, maybe this wouold be a good idea.

I opened the west bay door and loaded 44 WCF in the warm November sun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Too rainy and cold for me to wander out, plus my health hasn't been the best this past week. Maybe tomorrow or Monday....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy

Loaded up 40 rounds of 30-06 for deer season which starts Saturday. Going to load up for different calibers in hopes of harvesting a deer with each weapon I am bringing.

Boolit Grand Master
    Finished decapping and FL sizing (Lyman TC die) the last of 250+ rounds of 32 S&W Long brass I had laying around. Went to use my early model Lee priming tool (with screw in shell holders) but the *@#&% thing was nowhere to be found... it had disappeared into the vortex!

Being the packrat that I am however, I located another of my old Lee priming tools and went into the box of odd shell holders to retrieve the proper (CC) one. Once again my inner hoarder came through for me!! Primed all of the cases while watching TV. Ran into an oddity, though... about 20 or so of the cases (marked GFL 32 WAD CUT) had retained part of the primer cup in the recess when I decapped them! Now I have to go back with a PP reamer and clean out the remnants of brass before I can finish repriming the last of this batch. I've never had this particular event take place, certainly not in over 20 rounds of brass out of the same lot of brass.

Anyway, today will hopefully see batches of these cases get belled, charged with light loads of Bullseye powder, then finished off with some of the swaged Hornady LSWCs and HBWCs I've been saving for a rainy day. I may also size and lube some of the TLWCs friend Dale53 gifted me on his last visit... I have a .313 sizing die from Lyman that I've been wanting to try out. My K-32 and my little I-frame snub will be well supplied for their next visit to the range!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    ... about 20 or so of the cases (marked GFL 32 WAD CUT) had retained part of the primer cup in the recess when I decapped them! Now I have to go back with a PP reamer and clean out the remnants of brass before I can finish repriming the last of this batch. I've never had this particular event take place, certainly not in over 20 rounds of brass out of the same lot of brass.
    Froggie
    Any chance the brass in question got wet? I've had brass that I picked up after a rain, months later deprime it and the head of the primer comes out leaving the sides in the pocket.

Boolit Master
    Cleaned some fire formed 30/30 A. I. brass and loaded 20 rounds of fire forming 30/30 brass with 1 cc ( by the Lee scoop ) of Green Dot.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Buddy
    Trying to sort through the nearly 2 five gallon buckets of brass from the range today. Gotta love it when they leave behind brass, not only put back into the boxes, but in a Wally World bag tied up for easy carrying.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30-06 (465x640) (349x480).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	230567

Another oddity, I wound up with more 45 Colt brass (107) than 38 Special (about 30).

Cast about 4-500 44 cal boolits:
    Attachment 230640

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Dar View Post
    Trying to sort through the nearly 2 five gallon buckets of brass from the range today. Gotta love it when they leave behind brass, not only put back into the boxes, but in a Wally World bag tied up for easy carrying.

Name:	30-06 (465x640) (349x480).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	230567

Another oddity, I wound up with more 45 Colt brass (107) than 38 Special (about 30).
    Nice.. when i used to range shoot more, you could see this.. the box, divider and brass all neatly packaged.. usually older shooters.. not the 'gangsta' types shooting the gun held sideways.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    Nice.. when i used to range shoot more, you could see this.. the box, divider and brass all neatly packaged.. usually older shooters.. not the 'gangsta' types shooting the gun held sideways.
    I love deer season! I find calibers other than the usual 9mm, 40 S&W and 223. Those Gangster shooters make it hard on an old brass rat, walking around shooting everything in sight and spraying brass everywhere.

I deprimed, tumbled and dried 2 loads of brass yesterday. I've loaded the first load for today while I sort and store away yesterdays clean brass.

Boolit Master
    Loaded ten rounds of 30/30 a.i. with 35 grains of IMR 3031and a 165 gr. Hornady interlock spire point.

Going to see how they shoot......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Loading 10mm auto with 180gr XTP/8grs PowerPistol for older bubba's Glock m40 Longslide. I'm still not a Glockophile- but this one's pretty cool......

I got my tool handles finished.

Quote Originally Posted by McFred View Post
    I'm starting work on some cedar handles for some HSS LR/SR primer pocket reamers I picked up the other day. Getting the cedar trimmed down to 1-3/8" diameter and assembling the hardware I intend to use is as far as I got today.

Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    Cast about 4-500 44 cal boolits:
    Attachment 230640
    These are pb and gc .44s. After sorting and counting, it was 282 PB and 249 GC.
    I was kind of favouring the PBs since I shoot them in contests... Anywho, 531 boolits in a go is a good haul.

Boolit Master

Nothing but went scrounging here in Afghanistan. Walked out to range and picked up lead splatter off the steel plates. Going to have my wife mail me my RCBS casting pot. USPS not going to like my flat rate box sent stateside. Stopped by the metal dump and found a M14 mag which was there because it has a dent in the side. Then walked over to one of the firing points for vehicles as I need some 7.62 links. Found the links and about 200 rds of 7.62. Relinked that for testing firing Mk48 and M240 after I fix them.

Name:	IMG_5932.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	166.4 KB 
ID:	230795

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Page 342 of 604 FirstFirst ... 242292332333334335336337338339340341342343344345346347348349350351352392442 ... LastLast