Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy
    Nice slow drizzle for most of the morning, gave me the time to belly up to the reloading bench, and load up some 150 gr. 308, that I had tested through the week.

Boolit Master
    Sized decapped expanded and sonic cleaned some 308/357/45-70' brass .I'll polish it when its fully dry in my tumbler.

Boolit Master
    Poured some 160 gr lee gc boolits from that old single cavity mold that I have. It shoots better in my 30/30 than the RD boolit.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Mold
    I cast around 1000 9mm 125g. Slowly getting the hang of this. It promises to rain here for the next two days, so I'll PC over the weekend. Sunday maybe, as I'm shooting a league match on Saturday.

Cast some more 40 and 38 Special pills a couple days ago. Hi-Tek coating them tonight.

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Grand Master

Today is a cleaning day. It stormed last night and still raining a little today. About too nasty to get out. I messed around outside some and hauled off a load of trash, got good and wet. Planning to spend the afternoon inside looking outside! Got bullets and brass to sort, sweep the floor, may start getting some things together for deer camp.

Cast another peanut jug of 40SW.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Great to see so many getting soo much casting done lately.

Where is everyone getting their lead from now.

Wheel weights are like unicorns in my area now. My last big batches of lead came from purchased range scrap, and a lucky find of dr office xray shielding. Very dirty, lots of glue, etc.
    Our recycle centers will buy only, no sales

Weather is turning cooler and id like to be casting more, but getting under my comfort threshold on lead.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironnewt View Post
    Worked with my Redding Turret press and a universal decapping die. De-capped about 100 pieces of .300 Blackout brass. Going to clean them tomorrow, load them Monday.
    Lather, rinse, REPEAT.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    Great to see so many getting soo much casting done lately.

Where is everyone getting their lead from now.
    Lead is still pretty plentiful here. Its sad to hear about states where its hard to find. I strongly believe in networking and its worked well for me. Ask your friends, family and coworkers to watch for you. Watch crags list and the classifieds. Watch our Swapping and Selling section. Sometimes a caster quits the hobby and wants a quick face to face sale. Watch for sales from RotoMetals. Good Hunting!

Boolit Master

Yesterday was 45 and sunny. I made 470 Lee 90 gr .314 Boolits and 170 Lee 113 gr .309 bullets, not bad as they are both 2 cavity molds. Tim

Boolit Buddy
    I cleaned the very last of my brass, happened to be 38. This makes 10 gallons of 9, 8 gallons of 40, 20 gallons of 223, 2 gallons + of 38, ~1000 peices of 357, ~800 pices of 44mag, ~400 peices of 44 special, 200 6.5, 60 30-30, 200 10mm etc etc etc all cleaned, as shiney as a new penny and ready to load. Shew! It sure is good to have it done so I can just crank em out when reloading time comes around.

Boolit Buddy
    Cut crimps and prepped pockets and mouths on the last two coffee cans of previously trimmed Lake City 5.56 brass. This was an all week job as I had trimmed six cans worth with the WFT II last week. I trimmed and prepped two .30 cal cans full of my Dad's LC brass a week or two ago and am looking at two coffee cans of converted 300AAC under the bench that still need prepped. This trimmer has been a trooper for at least two years of this sort of abuse but I notice it almost chatters a bit now and then and I hadn't noticed that happening before this week. I got to wondering...have any of you ever worn out the mill bit on a WFT?
    What is best in life?
    1. Crush your enemies
    2. See them driven before you
    3. Hear the lamentations of their women

Boolit Master
    Loaded 100 270 Winchester with Lee 277-135RF over 10 grains of Red Dot with a Lee dipper and a 310 tool. Using that tool is relaxing.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Cleaned up reloading shop. Got to get some rat poison. Cats aren’t doing their job. All seven. Why does the wife feed them so much?

Boolit Buddy

32 S&W Long

Good afternoon,
    Well, now that fall is here and indoor Bullseye is back in full swing it was time to get at some 32S&W Long reloaded. Pulled the handle for a few hours this morning and went through a full box of primers. Enough for practice and match for 2 weeks.
    The Lee LoadMaster just keeps cranking along. I figure it must be somewhere around the 200K mark by now. Best gift my wife ever gave me!!

Have a fantastic weekend!!

Boolit Grand Master

Yesterday I helped Biggin stamp "WW" on the rest of his ingots. I think he moved them into his cave today. Today I cleaned some more in my loading room. I also started getting some gear out for deer camp. Actually got the room looking pretty neat!

Boolit Master
    Started on new lead melting pot project, 50# Freon bottle cut down with ears to rotate and pour ingots. Set inside old SS bar b q stand with top to close and keep rain out, plenty room for storage of ingot molds.

Boolit Grand Master
    Yesterday I finally got around to depriming and FL sizing something over 250 cases in 32 S&W L I had stashed around the shop. I used the Lyman TC die tha lives on my All American press so it can be used for cases from 32 S&W to 327 Fed Mag. I’ll probably prime them tonight as I watch NCIS Los Angeles. Keeping my newly built Model 16-3 homage fed is such a challenge!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Primed some 357/308/45-70 brass I'd cleaned and tumble polished earlier.

Page 340 of 604 FirstFirst ... 240290330331332333334335336337338339340341342343344345346347348349350390440 ... LastLast