RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading Everything

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded 50 rounds of .38 special with 358311 boolits, and 10 rounds of .30-30 with 31141 boolits sized to .309 for a test.

Boolit Master
    Made three quarts of "simple" lube, and finally got my Lyman 45 set up.

Also had this happen...

So I fixed it. The old wood handle sucked. It was REALLY tiny, didn't look nice, and had been chewed on at some point. I had a piece of Padauk lying around, so I made a new handle for it. I also welded the head back onto the shaft (get you mind out of the gutter!). I'm not the best welder, but this thing isn't meant to look perfect anyways. The head is rarely that clean.

Last edited by am44mag; 06-05-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Casted up 10 lbs if 50/50 mix lee 310’s today. I’m loosing sleep figuring out what color to pc them

Polished a batch of 22 Hornet then a buddy and I made a bunch of reloading opportunities in 8x60s, 9.3x74r, 300 H&H and 400/350 N.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    The barrel band/ hand guard retainer on my wife's Howa .30 Carbine Sporter needs help. It's plastic and the threads for the main screw are stripped. It's going to be a feat.....
    Any way you can get a longer screw and put a nut and lock washer on the other end to hold it? You might be able to hollow out a spot on the outside of the threaded part to help hold/hide the nut.

Boolit Mold
    Loaded up .38 special for the first time. 150 rounds, using Lee 120gr truncated cone projectiles I cast and powder coated the other day. Charged with 4.2 grains of Red Dot, they should be plenty fun out of my new S&W 686.

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    Any way you can get a longer screw and put a nut and lock washer on the other end to hold it? You might be able to hollow out a spot on the outside of the threaded part to help hold/hide the nut.
    Thanks, Taz. That's where I'm leaning, inletting a nut to bridge the stripped hole and provide a bite for the screw. It's going to be tight and no way is a new part to be found.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I trimmed / prepped 50 .223 cases and PC'd 42 240 grain .430s. Just a little stuff.
    I also FINALLY ran out of blue powder and am on to RED. I think I'll stay at red for a while.

Cleaned the AR. Prepped about 200 pieces of 223 brass. Measured and culled out some 45 cast. Watched this forum. My daily routine.

Boolit Master
    Added a 35 Whelen to the gun cabinet. New to me cal. I hope its a good one.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

I hear they are powerful!

Added a Hi-Point carbine 4595 to my list of firearms. After a few shots, took it in the shop and worked on the rear sight, moving it in-line with the rail. Tightened the screws and now ready to try sighting in again this afternoon. Have some bags of corn in my truck for the feeder at the lease. Squirrels opened a bag and it led me to get the .177 pellet gun out. Resighted it to point of aim at the same distance that the shot at the squirrel is sitting on a limb to see if I will really come out the door before he leaves. Oh, the carbine has a little manual in the box that starts of by saying if you shoot anything but f...fa....factory bbullets in it the warranty is void. Do not shoot reloads. Only high quality factory rounds. Do not use the offbrand hi count magazines as that will void the warranty. The warranty is only good to the first owner All this could could alter the sales of the carbine. It does have a good reputation of shooting everything you feed it well. Might work pretty good with a red dot sight.

My SCCY 9mm has a warranty that follows the gun to whomever owns it. It has not missed a beat yet! Only shot about 150 -200 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    The barrel band/ hand guard retainer on my wife's Howa .30 Carbine Sporter needs help. It's plastic and the threads for the main screw are stripped. It's going to be a feat.....
    I wonder if you could carefully wrap Saran-Wrap around the screw, put a small amount of J-B Weld in the hole and turn in the screw and let it set up. Check for results.

Boolit Grand Master

Started prepping another 1000 round batch of 223's. About 75-80% finished trimming them. My fingers aren't as tough as they were when I was working! Hopefully I will get them in the tumbler later today.

Boolit Buddy
    Reloaded a few 45-70 and 30-30, wondered why I have two 45-70 Lee quick trim dies.

Boolit Grand Master

Finished trimming the 223's that I started on this morning and just got them out of the tumbler. The Wife and I have plans for tomorrow but I plan to load them Friday.

Boolit Master

Working on some 7.62x54R brass.
    Annealed, full length resized, trimmed, chamfered, deburred 50 pieces.

Boolit Mold
    I have 40 cal boolits just like that. I can't use them in my Star lubesizer as the lube gets on the front and rear, but not in the grease groove. I try adjusting the ram up, and down with no luck. I took the die out and plugged up 3 of the 4 holes with no difference. I don't know if these boolits should be tumble lubed or not. I like using the Star, but these boolits won't lube the groove. Anybody know why?

Banned
    procrastinate about having to dig out my loading bench AGAIN cant see a 2 square inch clear space on it. I really need to build more shelves.

Page 314 of 601 FirstFirst ... 214264304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324364414 ... LastLast