Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

HI-Tek coated another 1,000 9mm projectiles.

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master
    Yesterday I cleaned off, re-arranged and somewhat organized the bench top so I could find what I have. While doing the clean-up I pulled a folded paper bag out from under a set of shelves. On top of that bag was one (half a pair) of Glock striker spring retainers, new condition. Nest, I had 3 of these halves (1.5 pair) in my parts kit, now I have 2 pair. This must be my mini-Christmas gift from me to me.

Boolit Master
    Spent a couple of hours showing a friend how to prep, check and load 20 lead boolits for my 308 for him to shoot on Sunday at the range .he even enjoyed the trimming of the brass . great way to spent some time as it was to hot to do any casting today.

Cleaned 1000 pieces of brass

Boolit Grand Master

Today was a cleaning day for my store room. I reorganized my beer shelf (cellar) and all of the shelves of brass. Stacked the empty coffee cans and cleaned any sharpie writing off of the used ones. Threw out a bunch of boxes, sacks and wrapping material. This room also is home to some of my ammo, empty plastic shell boxes and maybe 2000# of lead in it. Not through yet, but made a good start.

Swore at most of my attempts to make 20 gauge round ball loads with a good crimp. But getting closer. Did some clean up around the bench when I needed a break from being frustrated or while waiting for suggestions on what I needed to do for better results.

Later I'm going to wet SS pin tumble some 20 mm brass and then a few 50 caliber. Just a few of each. Not sure what I'll do with the 20 mm cases but I'll think of something. Once they are all shiny they would make nice earrings except for the banging on the collar bone

The red 12 gauge is store bought. The yellow 20's are all me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20-RB-Crimp-Roll.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	221486
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

I cast about 150 8mm out of a lee mold that i go this week. Also sized 50 new 8mm brass cases. Still need to prime and expand the neck of the cases though. Then put some powder and lead in them.

I bought a brand new Lyman 457121 to use in my Ruger Dangerous game model77 458 Win mag. I cast 20 boolits from linotype.
    They came out beautiful and round as could be. The only problem was they measured at .455.
    There is no way these are going to work.
    Time to break out the aluminum tape.

Ooops

Boolit Grand Master

I talked to an electrician about getting some new light fixtures and two or three receptacles installed...I need them desperately.
    He needs some renovation and addition plans drawn for his house project ...and I need some electrical work done in mine .....
    We going to help each other out....he can't draw building plans and I can't wire electrical stuff !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

PCed450 125gr 9mm bullets and sized/lubed and GCed 300 7mm 130 gr bullets. Loading will begin tomorrow!

Banned

Boolit Master
    Surfed Ebay, caught a Lyman NIB 280473 2 cavity. The Finance Committee said you just bought dinner and that lasts a few hours, it lasts longer than that just buy it and be happy. Got home and bought it. BrassMagnet set me upon this road.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    I talked to an electrician about getting some new light fixtures and two or three receptacles installed...I need them desperately.
    He needs some renovation and addition plans drawn for his house project ...and I need some electrical work done in mine .....
    We going to help each other out....he can't draw building plans and I can't wire electrical stuff !
    Gary
    That sounds like a good trade. Barter is a pretty good system.

Packing everything up in an attempt to remove the carpet from my room and install the laminate flooring purchased from a black Friday sale last year. Need to knock it out while the kid is at camp and my bench and boxes reside in her bedroom. Also sized and lubed some week old 356402 boolits for my glock.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    I figured I would give the new 50 cal press mounted wad cutter a little more exercise today with some felt from duro-felt, and some sheet cork I got from Hobby Lobby to bolster the ready supply of black powder components for the Swede rollers.

The sheet of cork was about 14 inches by 20 or so.

The felt was a strip about 3 inches by 36 inches.

Spent the day shooting clays with a 4H shooting sports club I'm leading and then home to put all those hulls back into rotation. Cleaned my son's G17 that the barrel had been soaking in Ed's Red all day. Cleaning 3 shotguns that were used today now.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Fixed a lee HP .429 mold so the halves would line up and tested it out. I also GC some of ones I PC'd the other day.

Boolit Grand Master
    I am putting stuff away that I hauled to NCBS 2018. Also cleaning guns, and considering how to best put a new-to-me mould I scored at NCBS (Lyman #452423) to use and whether to add another war toy in 45 Auto Rim to the collection.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

The barrel band/ hand guard retainer on my wife's Howa .30 Carbine Sporter needs help. It's plastic and the threads for the main screw are stripped. It's going to be a feat.....

Page 313 of 603 FirstFirst ... 213263303304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322323363413 ... LastLast