Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Mold
    Feeling excited. Made a lil room on the bench and mounted my new to me blue press. After beefing up the bench and a lil tinkering i got it spitting them out like i wanted. Got a few loaded up for testing

Boolit Master

swaged some 66gr RNFP .312 bullets for a 32S&W pistol project and then got the heck out of a 95F garage...
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master

Made some ed’s red for the first time...
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Loaded 9 mm yesterday and cleaned out shed today to get ready for casting equipment.

SS pin tumbled another 1,000 decapped 9mm cases. Tried to make Ben's Red only to discover I am short of Beeswax. Tried to make Ed's Red Bore Cleaner only to find I am short of Kerosene and Mineral Spirits. sigh. I thought getting the Johnsons paste wax in Canada was the last piece of the puzzle. Maybe tomorrow.

Kraken Fan #69

Sized &primed 40 8mm Mauser brass to load some various boolits in later.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by KrakenFan69 View Post
    Melted down 225 #'s of range scrap into ingots. Not the yeild I was hoping for but it's all free gravy. Cast about 500 9mm and 50 Lyman 525 and 50 Russian Paradox slugs. Sorted brass. I'm now sitting on a pretty solid supply of 9mm (1-1/2 5 gal pails) and my supply of .40 S&W and .45 ACP is coming along nicely as well.

Kraken Fan #69

Free is a great price!

Boolit Grand Master

Just finished resizing about 500 223 cases. After taking a break I'll start messing with the primer pockets and trimming them. Hopefully by tonight I'll have them tumbled and ready to load.

Boolit Master
    Figured out the adjustable trigger on my M70. I could hold the action by the trigger and it would not release. Got it down to about 2.5 to 3lbs and am happy with it.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    PC'd and GC 44 mag devistators

Boolit Master
    Oh man I like them. Nice looking bullets Tripplebeards.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Buddy
    Today I packed up one of my 550s and shipped 'er back to Dillon for refurbishment. Within a few hundred rounds she went from solid and true to wobbling around like Dean Martin at happy hour. It was my older one still running the clips instead of nuts on the pivots. I am looking forward to having zirc fittings too.

Boolit Buddy
    Did a 460 S&W ladder with 300 Missouri TCFP and Enforcer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vk4T5bil.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	221292

Made some Ed's Red and am currently soaking a barrel in the stuff.

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master
    cleaned and polished my back stock of 22-250 ackley 3.5

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Picked up an old lee HP GC .430 mold from a member and cleaned it up, casted, and PC'd some of the results. Nothin like an old school HP. Think I'll still roll with my devistors for hunting though...

Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-01-2018 at 12:00 AM.

Boolit Master
    Over the last two nights Ive tumbled, full length sized, trimmed, chamfered, deburred, retumbled, and loaded 120 rounds of 270 Winchester. This is the first time I've ever had to really process brass as 9mm and 380 basically require a tumble then into the Dillon. My elbow feels like jello after all that sizing.

Boolit Master
    I hate trimming brass, but when I start to shoot my 30/30 I suppose I'll have to. The 30-06 A.I. actually shortens the brass, and I'll probably wear the brass out before it needs trimming. Hmmmm.... maybe I'll have the local gunsmith rechamber the 30/30 to A.I. Lee dies are easily affordable.

Tonight I sized and lubed more Lee 9mm T/C boolits... And tried to call a few auto parts houses to find an 8 oz. can of Kroil. No luck so far....I wonder if Liquid Wrench would be comparable?
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F88FF85A-C944-40E9-9CC7-F25B9E95953F.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	221454

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    And tried to call a few auto parts houses to find an 8 oz. can of Kroil. No luck so far....I wonder if Liquid Wrench would be comparable?
    Here is a chart from another place that shows the comparisons between solvents & their abilities to loosen by measuring what it takes to break loose the same tension( torqued) fastener. As you can see, the AT fluid+acetone mix( Like Ed's "Red" solvent) did the best.

Machinist's Workshop Magazine (March/April or May/June, 2007) actually tested penetrants for break out torque on rusted nuts. Significant results! They are below, as forwarded by an ex-student and professional machinist, Bud Baker.

They arranged a subjective test of all the popular penetrants with the control being the torque required to remove the nut from a "scientifically rusted" environment.

*Penetrating oil ..... Average load*

None ..................... 516 pounds
    WD-40 .................. 238 pounds
    PB Blaster ............. 214 pounds
    Liquid Wrench ..... 127 pounds
    Kano Kroil ............ 106 pounds
    ATF-Acetone mix....53 pounds

The ATF-Acetone mix was a "home brew" mix of 50 - 50 automatic transmission fluid and acetone. Note the "home brew" was better than any commercial product in this one particular test. Our local machinist group mixed up a batch, and we all now use it with equally good results. Note also that "Liquid Wrench" is about as good as "Kroil" for about 20% of the price.

I hope that helps you out.

G'Luck!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Page 312 of 604 FirstFirst ... 212262302303304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322362412 ... LastLast