Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 3 of 601 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Quote Originally Posted by gnostic View Post
    I'm wrestling with new small base 5.56 dies that appear, to size the case so small. That, I can't seat the primer. Is That possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnostic View Post
    That's done with a Dillon primer pocket swagger. The cases are sized down seven thousands at the base...
    If you are running them into the small base die first, then you don't have the swager set up quite right yet.

I went into the loading room to put some 357 ammo along with a couple of revolvers into my shooting bag before heading off to the range. Finished up the last of my group buy C358-180 that were loaded with 9 gr of surplus (AA7) out of my GP100 and a bag of 125jhp out of my model 65.
    Happiness is a couple of 38's and a bucket of ammo.

Boolit Buddy
    UH LOVE LIFE……why you get hit with OC…..hopefully not the SABER RED!!!!!! It's vile….. I'll take a 5 second lightning ride to that stuff anyday….Oh I cleaned the Lee melter out and stoked it back with Lyman #2 so I can cast tomorrow when I get home from work….got some 460-405s and some 432-265s to do.

Shot everything i loaded yesterday but thats what sundays are for

This is yesterday's casting, sized today. Should keep my 303 British happy for a while.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Boolit Master
    I finally got a reloading area back and am putting it together....My press, bullet sizer and lead pots are all ready, but still gotta do more puttering before I'm ready, not to mention find my tumbler....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    Pulled a bunch of 30 cal bullets, 223 doesn't seem to move past the crimp so I think I will buy a collect style puller also.

Boolit Master

Not today, but yesterday I cast up a few pounds of MP 45 200-gr HP's for a Christmas present for my GF's son.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

I turned the heater on; haven't gotten much farther yet. Discovered my truck is draining the battery and I don't know why so that distracted me from the work at hand.

David
    Last edited by David2011; 12-06-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    Get rid of the crimp first.
    Then get rid of the small base die.

Oh yeah, With it being hunting season the loading room is a mess. Well who am I kidding, the loading room is always a mess.

I tried to clean it up some.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    What did you do in the reloading room today?

I turned the heater on; haven't gotten much farther yet. Discovered my truck is draining the battery and I don't know why so that distracted me from the work at hand.

David
    David, Is it a Ford truck? If the diode goes bad in the alternator it will do that.

waltherboy4040, Use your bullet seater to push in those .223s a little farther. It breaks the crimp. Then use the kinetic puller on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I looked at my reloading room through teary, OC ravaged eyes, and then went back to sit in front of the fan.
    OC ravaged eyes... Been there, done that! Be sure to wash your face w/ dish soap several times & rinse well. Pay dry w/ towel but don't rub!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I looked at my reloading room through teary, OC ravaged eyes, and then went back to sit in front of the fan.
    That reminds me of two practical joker brothers. One had sprayed Oleoresin Capsicum into the other brothers defroster vents in his truck. I remember the event not so fondly, as days later I went for a ride in said truck, with the windows rolled down with my eyes watering, along with my nose and throat. It was nasty stuff even second hand like that.

But to get back on topic. I de-primed a batch of 30 carbine brass, gave them a citric acid bath, dried, and then re-sized all of the of brass.

- Bullwolf

Boolit Bub
    I was separating wheel weights.

Boolit Man
    Fired up the star press, haven't used it in long time. Ran off 400 158 gr 38 special ....
    I
    T
    Really is a Zen thing once the rythym is going
    Rick

Boolit Buddy

I cast up a few bullets from 3 different new molds that I was getting the second heat cool cycle on. I was really impressed with the NOE 2 cav 314299. I had quite a few with wrinkles which I sorted visually, but when it came time to weigh what was left (Maybe 50 rounds. Was just doing a small batch), I didn't cull a single one for weight. They ranged exactly 1 grain from lightest to heaviest. Had to be the mold, as I culled several of the Lee C309-155 for weight.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmShooter View Post
    Nothing today, but I setup the pot and tools and 30# of alloy for a casting session Saturday, need to cast up a 1000 new .44's for my Henry I go a new mold. It'll take me about 4-5 hours to cast that many. Then I'll need to size and lube em Sunday.
    What mold do you use for your .44 Henry?

Spent a few hours tryin to get the Mec 9000g running correctly, and installed a new powder measure on the Dillon 550 which was just sent back from Dillon under there warranty.

And then swept up a zillion 7.5 lead shot off floor! The Mec is pissing me off, but almost running
    Correctly.
    I used it extensively back in the 90's when my wife and i shot a lot of trap when we lived in
    Taxachusetts. My wife was womens ATA Handicap state champion in 3 states back then.
    I think the Mec is a little worn out, might have to go back to Mec for a factory recondition job.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141207_140932.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	123842
    Loaded up 18 rounds of 303 british
    Lee 312-185 over 25 grains of 3031
    Found it shoots quite well

Quote Originally Posted by mrrch View Post

Name:	20141207_140932.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	123842
    Loaded up 18 rounds of 303 british
    Lee 312-185 over 25 grains of 3031
    Found it shoots quite well
    Looks great! Have to remember that load too for mine. I never think of using rifle powders for cast.

I had a can of stain laying around...

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	123861
    I pity the baker,
    I pity the nun

I pity the one
    Who tries to take my gun

Page 3 of 601 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103503 ... LastLast