Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Wideners Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Well I did not do any work today in the reloading room. BUT I did have a nice chat on the phone about shooting and reloading with another member while standing in my reloading room.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Well I did not do any work today in the reloading room. BUT I did have a nice chat on the phone about shooting and reloading with another member while standing in my reloading room.
    Nice! "I" think that qualifies anyway.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

I got one of these little primer catchers off ebay and installed it on my dedicated de-priming press. This thing is fantastic. This guy is a genius with a 3d printer. I de-primed 500 cases and the spent primers just roll perfectly down the tube into the bucket. No bridging problems. I'll probably get some for my wife's and my Rock Chucks. I am so tickled with this little device. You can find them on ebay or follow the link below.

http://primercatchers.com/product/le...lock-reloader/

Now onto the next project. I am making a lubricator heater out of one of those electric coffee cup warmers I picked up at Goodwill for a dollar and some scrap aluminum.
    "Adults are the children and the children are the adults" Jules my wife.

All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. — Daniel Boone

Democracy is defended in 3 stages: Ballot Box, Jury Box, Cartridge Box. — Ambrose Bierce

A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie. — Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Black Rifles Matter

NRA Life Member, SAF Member, GOA Member, TFA Member

Sized 540 30-06 cases...

Boolit Master
    I started in the reloading room at least - slugging the barrel on a rifle I just picked up hahaha . This began yesterday afternoon through today I finally got it out about a hour ago . I still don't have the measurements but the next time I try it I lube the slug .

Boolit Master

sorted brass and shotgun shells from the cowboy match yesterday.

there were 4 shooters' cases involved so it took a bit of time but it's good therapy for me (I process the empty brass for them)
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Grand Master

I let my old Dillon earn it's space on the bench yesterday; loaded 400 rounds of an 1100 round batch to replace the stash I haven't been able to find. After I got them packaged you'll never guess what I found! My lost stash of 45acp ammo in a can marked, oddly enough, 45acp. Was pretty sure I'd checked there, Obviously I hadn't. Some of my brass is getting a little old but it hasn't split or failed to make it home with me so it's all good.
    Then I put the first coat of LLA on a few hundred boolits. Today I sized those boolits and applied another coat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0336.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	217911Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0338.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	217912Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0337 (1).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	217913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0335.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	217914
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Loaded more shotshells for testing various loads of #7.5 shot, #4 & 00 Buckshot.

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master
    Re-sifted my bucket of range scrap and picked out the wood and rocks. Ended up with 61 pounds. Its better then nothing. Cleaned and put away my 22 pistol.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

just came back from sorting brass and dropped a bunch of 32s in the tumbler. Will go out later and switch out for 38s

might wet tumble the 44s, 45 Colt and ACPs tomorrow
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747

Boolit Master

Loaded 100 44 Special cases. I used a 230 gr TC that I bought and some RCBS 225 gr SWC with a GC. Used 5.5 gr of ETR-7. I’ve been playing with a used Charter Arms Bulldog Pug that I just got, I put a set of Pachmayr grips on it so it fits my hand well and the recoil is controllable. Nothing like throwing big chunks of lead down range!

Boolit Man
    Wet tumbled brass yesterday with my new harbor freight rock tumbler. I think I'm going to like that. Pulled a bunch of bullets coming up with test rounds for the 44 and powder coated 400 boolits. I think I've spent most the weekend in there. I still have 600 red of 357 to powder coat

Boolit Master
    Started to cast some 90 gr .355. Found my 20 lb Lee pot has a plugged spout. So tried ladle casting. Forgot how slow that is. Also tedious. Wasn't very successful, not enough head pressure for good fill out.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Finished getting the used T/C Hawken barrel I got off ebay a while back inleted to my stock. Now to drill the ramrod hole...

Boolit Master

Loaded 100 rounds of .30-06 to function test Lee 200gr Cast in my M1s. I'm using Larry Gibson's recommendation of starting low with H4895 +dacron to find where they just function at 100%. I've got three (an HRA, WRA, and IHC) so it'll take a little while to find what each likes to eat. The HRA already went up through 33gr without full function, so the box on the right is 34-37gr. Ed

Attachment 217969

Boolit Master

going to wet tumble 45 colt, 44 mag and 45 acp brass (all at same time)

do some sorting of 32 and 38 cases from yesterday
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747

Boolit Buddy
    sizing with my inverted press. tried a new color from smokes. traffic blue ............ it nice

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wolf3006 View Post
    Attachment 217762 Made a few tool post.
    very nice!

Boolit Master
    I resized some boolits down to .357 just to see......

Couldn't find any mineral spirits to thin my mule snot, so into the lubrisizer they went.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Loaded up 50 more 357Mag rounds with 158gr SWC.
    Then I sized 25 mire of the same boolits at .358 & loaded up 25 - 38sp..
    Trying to use up leftover primers & the last of a pound of Red Dot. I think I may be able to do 100 more rounds of 38sp with the SWCs load at 2.5 gr. for the missus reduced loads before I run out of powder, so I TL'd another 100 SWCs & put out some cases in a couple trays. I will go down & size the boolits later today, re-lube & load them up when they are dry. Might even take the missus shooting tomorrow since the weather is starting to actually warm up & be nice out. Looking forward to that.

Next?
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Page 299 of 604 FirstFirst ... 199249289290291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309349399 ... LastLast