WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Loaded up some 45-70 with lee boolits 405 gr over 20 gr of 2400.

Boolit Master

Picked up a lee lead hardness ( dimple) tester.

Boolit Master
    Tumbled 150 44Mag cases & unpacked some BUIS for a rifle. Still have more to do...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Decided to finally take the $40 dollar Dillon 450B in 44mag I picked up a while back out of its box. Now where to put it? Its looking like its time to build a new bench. For now I will bolt it with the others and make a new bench for working on firearms another day. The more I clean in this room the more stuff I find. Kinda fun really.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Well the new base for the material pot that I have on the Master Caster arrived and since there is no rain today I need to get the pot removed from the Master Caster and setup on the new stand so I can get those molds with handles going, and I just happened to have those two new Lee molds for the rolling block to get broken in so that will be my mission today. The results are:

These sure are some big fat boogers. .515 Dia. and 450 and 500 grain boolits.
    Now all I have left to do is size, lube and stuff into the case. But that will be another day.

Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Well the new base for the material pot that I have on the Master Caster arrived and since there is no rain today I need to get the pot removed from the Master Caster and setup on the new stand so I can get those molds with handles going, and I just happened to have those two new Lee molds for the rolling block to get broken in so that will be my mission today. The results are:

These sure are some big fat boogers. .515 Dia. and 450 and 500 grain boolits.
    Now all I have left to do is size, lube and stuff into the case. But that will be another day.
    What are you going to stuff those big boys into?

Boolit Buddy

Nice stand but how do you plug the second orifice in the pot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Taco650,
    I'm going to stuff them into some 50 Alaskan cases that I plan on shortening by about .050, or a hair more, then I'm going to stuff that into my 12,7x44R Remington rolling block from Sweden.

razorfish,

No intention of plugging it. My hand moulds that are double cavity I just line up the mold under the two holes at bottom of pot and pour both cavities at the same time. Nice and quick. When I go to use my one cavity moulds I change out the plate for the one hole plate. You have to decide what moulds you are going to do for part of the day cause if you start out with one plate and you later want to use the other one you have to let the lead harden in the pot so you can pull the plate change safely and not get burned. But I really like being able to get both cavities poured at the same time. I did have to drill out the sprue plate a little, the hole was too small for the kind of flow you get with this type of casting pot, the holes are fine if your doing it by ladle, although with this kind of grain weight I think you get much better fillouts with a hole that you can really pour in the lead quickly, any how that's what seemed to work best for me with this setup.

Boolit Buddy
    Brilliant MOA. I’ve been considering a Master Caster for years. Sounds like another reason for the “Pro” column.

I’m guessing you unload those boolits at Pascagoula Gun Club.

Styx shooting center just east of bass pro on the east side of the bay.

Gives me an the wife an excuse to stop at williams-sonoma and bass pro. Now everybody happy. You know what they say........happy wife, happy life.......And, happy hubby....happy wife.

Boolit Buddy
    Styx shooting center just east of bass pro on the east side of the bay.
    Ah, I’ve been there only one time. I was shooting my pistol and the RO told me I had wait at least one second between shots. There are times I prefer to unload my boolits faster so I never went back.

Quote Originally Posted by razorfish View Post
    Ah, I’ve been there only one time. I was shooting my pistol and the RO told me I had wait at least one second between shots. There are times I prefer to unload my boolits faster so I never went back.

Wow, how long ago was that?????? recently?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfish View Post

Most ranges are starting to do this. No double tap rule. Hence I do not go to most ranges and have my own small one.

Boolit Buddy
    Wow, how long ago was that?????? recently?
    I’m not too sure. I’m thinking about six years ago but it could of been more.

I know I’m in trouble if I see or hear the words “Double Tap”.

Got set up for 32ACP

Boolit Master
    Changed barrels on my 1911 from 9mm to 22 tcm. Dug out 250 rounds and some paper targets. (yuck) Getting ready for a sun shinny day at the range tomorrow. Day is not over yet might just load a few hundred 10mm and take that along with me.

Banned
    converting 223 to 7.62x25 TOK

Super Moderator

I am sizing & lubing up a few hundred RCBS 30-115-SP for my 30 Carbine.

350 grn HP boolits sized to .460...

Attachment 217080

Page 295 of 604 FirstFirst ... 195245285286287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305345395 ... LastLast