Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy
    Good morning,
    Yesterday was a casting day. Two full 20 pound pots. One with pistol alloy(30WW/70Pb) and one with rifle(70WW/30Pb a touch of tin) these are for 2500 FPS or less. Today is the fine sorting both visual and weight for rifle boolits. Tumble lubing for the pistol boolits.

Boolit Man
    Flush mounted the 1st of 2 Inline Fabrication quick change base plates. Framed out a guide using some 1x3 boards, which really helped. Tested out the frame using a spare piece of wood before going to town on my reloading bench.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inline-Flush.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	215880

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
    Flush mounted the 1st of 2 Inline Fabrication quick change base plates. Framed out a guide using some 1x3 boards, which really helped. Tested out the frame using a spare piece of wood before going to town on my reloading bench.

Name:	Inline-Flush.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	215880
    Looks good, waiting to see the complete assembly

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sorted out a bunch of junk ammo that needs to be pulled down to salvage the brass and bullets. Now have a big box of rifle rounds and a big plastic peanut butter jar of pistol rounds. Need to spend a bit of time with the inertia puller one day ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Cleaned, deprimed and sized some range pick-up after I came home. I shoot at an indoor range, so all the brass is really very clean to start with, and most of it is once fired.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Finished up sorting and washing the last of all my brass. Realizing I have to much of what I do not need and not even close to what I do need.

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Finished up sorting and washing the last of all my brass. Realizing I have to much of what I do not need and not even close to what I do need.
    A familiar occurrence...

Boolit Master
    Cleaned some more range pick-up 9mm brass, sized and lubed about 100 cast boolits....

I can sure understand the above statement about having too much. I have a 50 cal. ammo can almost full of .45acp brass, cleaned and sized, and don't even have a .45...... anything.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Cleaned some more range pick-up 9mm brass, sized and lubed about 100 cast boolits....

I can sure understand the above statement about having too much. I have a 50 cal. ammo can almost full of .45acp brass, cleaned and sized, and don't even have a .45...... anything.....
    I separate clean and use as trading stock all calibers I don't own. This has gotten me more cases than I can use for the guns I do have.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Man
    Completed my Inline Fabrication installations. 2 flush mounts on my reloading bench. 2 double wall storage units for my Lee breech lock challenger, Redding T7, Irwin vice, & Harbor Freight chop saw. 1 32 inch rail above my wall control currently storing 3 additional turrets, which gives me some spare room for more turrets or some other rail mounted options. Majority of time the T7 will be on the bench, but it's nice knowing I can completely clear it if I need the space.

Name:	InlineCompleted.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	216009

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
    Completed my Inline Fabrication installations. 2 flush mounts on my reloading bench. 2 double wall storage units for my Lee breech lock challenger, Redding T7, Irwin vice, & Harbor Freight chop saw. 1 32 inch rail above my wall control currently storing 3 additional turrets, which gives me some spare room for more turrets or some other rail mounted options. Majority of time the T7 will be on the bench, but it's nice knowing I can completely clear it if I need the space.

Name:	InlineCompleted.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	216009
    Thanks for sharing this, that is a good idea and smart looking

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Been working on a new casting bench. Still a work in progress. Have to finish the new PID's, install the squirrel cage exhaust fan, put in more shelves and make on section closable for heated mold storage. My question now is whether to direct wire my probes to the PID or install the plugs and sockets. I bought them and then read that every connection decreases (potentially) the accuracy of the temperature reading. Any comments on this. Thanks, Jay

Name:	casting bench 4.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	216033

Boolit Master
    My reloading room is an enclosed area off the garage. No central HVAC there, just the ambient temperature which will be very close to the outside temps. With this intro, today I did NOTHING 'cause it's too stinkin' COLD to be out there. The forecast for the next week or so doesn't look much better, but there's always hope. Dangit, last month we had several days that got into the 70's. Those were really nice and spoiled everyone for a while. Mother Nature can be fickle, and I hate a tease.

Moderator Emeritus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Loaded 50-70 until I ran out of boolits. Got the pot out and cast up a batch of .50's with another batch for the .43 Spanish thrown in for good measure.

Boolit Master
    Cast another 15 pounds of Lee 124 gr TC boolits for my 9mm....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Rolled up 60 rounds of 7.62 Tok. 100 gr Lee over 6.0 gr Unique in Starline Brass. WW Primer, LOA 1.3

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    Cast some 405 gr 457 boolits with my new Lee mold ,took a while to get the temp of lead right ,once I worked out to run things hot worked great.Also cast some 180 gr 358 rcbs sil mold boolits .good day .

Boolit Master
    Ugg. Cleaned handguns. Man real handguns take some time over the plastic ones.

My p22 is so dirty it finally stopped running. I can not even tell you how many thousands later it is. Yes the goal was to see how long it would run and some place in the middle I lost track. Last known number was 9k and that was some time ago. All bulk ammo.

Hope you guys had a more productive day then I.

Loaded all the .44 brass i have and started on .45 long. Off to the range to see how my Uberti likes the new load.

Page 291 of 601 FirstFirst ... 191241281282283284285286287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301341391 ... LastLast