RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Wow, my slugs have never been that shiny!
    Beautiful!

My nine year-old granddaughter and I sized and flared a small batch of 38 spc and 357 mag cases. Sizing is the part she likes.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

I walked in took one look around and walked out disgusted !!! It seems that once again my reloading room has turned into the overflow junk storage room. I don't understand why this always happens to me. ARRRRRRRRRRRGH.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeto303 View Post
    I walked in took one look around and walked out disgusted !!! It seems that once again my reloading room has turned into the overflow junk storage room. I don't understand why this always happens to me. ARRRRRRRRRRRGH.
    Has happened to mine as well

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeto303 View Post
    I lock my reloading room. When I was living in GA it was a walk through den that led to my bedroom and mysteriously a bunch of junk always ended up in there. Now I keep it locked and if it gets junked up I am to blame.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm still processing brass. Finished resizing all (I think) of the 40's but I still have a day left tumbling them. Probably take a break for a day or two and start on another caliber. I really got behind the last few years that I was working! And this has provided me with something to do during the cold winter months. Still have 8 buckets of wheel weights to smelt too! Waiting on a couple of buddies to get freed up!

Boolit Master
    I found a bunch of empty Midway cartridge boxes that I put up for safe keeping and flaired a box of .357 brass. Now to await either loading said cases or going to the range to empty some more.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    Attachment 213272
    Loaded some pretty 44 mags
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Boolit Master

loaded up some 32 Mag, 3 boxes 12 ga shells, sized the 32 bullets, worked on my presses a bit
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master
    Explained case cleaning/prep/inspection & then showed a 70+ yr old , V.N. vet how to "batch style", lube cases when necessary, ( even though he has carbide/titanium Hornady die sets ,but showed him anyhow , just so he knows.) How to set up to de-prime & size, clean primer pockets, expand case mouth & ram prime( 25) & hand prime (25) 38 spec. cases on an old Lee "O"- type single stage press I loaned him.

[ He has a brand new Hornady AP Lock & Load set up that he & his nephew got & they have never reloaded rifle/handgun. He asked me if I would show him how to use it & how to reload & I told him he had to ride the "1-speed" bike, before I would show him the 3,5, or 10 speed to ride first. He was OK with that. I told him, "Good! Otherwise, you can get someone else to show ya.".. ]

Gave him a lesson plan to read some more, basically some "book/bible" homework, & cover weighing, adding powder & bullet seating,("boolits" are later) then crimping. Basically told him to hit the "bible"/book( 49th Lyman) for a couple days & I will see him next week to start lesson #2.

Had a good time.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Well decided that I wanted to see about making up some light clay target loads for my 10 gauge. So after looking over the menu, I decided on a 1-1/4 ounce load of number 7's. Turned out pretty good.

Since these turned out so well I decided to do another 25 loaded with 1-3/4 oz of #5 magnum shot. Can't wait to pop the cap on one of these. lol

Boolit Buddy

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Just PC’d a handful of 358-160 just to try out my new PID I built for my cheap toaster oven. Before it would vary by as much as 50 degrees on my separate oven thermometer. Now it only varies by 3 degrees at most!

It’s interesting to see I lost 30 degrees just by inserting the barely filled tray momentarily.

Gotta love that Smokes Powder!
    Last edited by EMR; 02-04-2018 at 01:45 AM.

Boolit Master
    I cast some boolits. First came a NEI .313-105 WC design for the various 32 S&W Long revolvers (will also try these in 32 H&R Magnum). Next was the Lyman 452374 ball design. I made about 300 of each pattern, allowed them to cool and sized/lubed all. If the weather cooperates I will test some of these this week.

Boolit Master
    Started sizing the 5 gal bucket of .40. Continued tumbling the .223 brass about 1/3 rd through that 5 gal bucket. Have about 2 gal of 9x19 I deprimed last week waiting for tumbling. Received 4 molds from graf' s Friday. All 3 buckshot Lee molds and a Lyman 90gr .355.

Going to be a busy feb.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master
    Loaded a box of 9mm with some True Blue.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Loaded 100 45/70 new Starline Brass, 4 different loads, Unique, IMR 4198, 5744, 3031 under a 405 Missouri Store bought Boolits.
    Barman54
    Out

Tinkered with a 308 load today with some old stock 180gr match Kings and W846 and wasn’t let down. Turns out the investment in the hornady COAL gauge and modified cases was worth it. Group inside piece of aluminum is at 97m

Boolit Master

Sized about 1000 9mm PCs.

I was making some 8x57 cases from .270 cases and then I stuck a case in the sizing die. I drilled and tapped the case for a bolt I can't find. So I turned off the lights and went in the house to watch the game. Grumble.

Boolit Master

Started a priming horn, well got the tip cut off and drilled for the priming valve.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Page 281 of 604 FirstFirst ... 181231271272273274275276277278279280281282283284285286287288289290291331381 ... LastLast