MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    I'm in the process of loading a bunch of 45 acp with PC'd 452374.

Attachment 212808
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    Trying some wadcutters in the 45/70
    Attachment 212683
    What did you come up with for a load?

Loaded up some more of my Russian Paradox slugs (Hi-Tek Coated) for testing.

Kraken Fan #69

MOA what alloy did you use to make those nice looking sabots? I have a Lyman mold to make those for 12 gauge. It's one of those casting and reloading tasks on my to-do before warm spring weather hits so I go out and test them.

Still polishing brass. Have a batch of 30-06 that is dated from WW 1 to the 30's then WW 2 and some of Korean War as well as from Vietnam era. Wet tumbled to get it really clean, then tonight a brief trip through the vibrating media to apply some nu-finish polish.

Broke a Lee de-priming pin on a .308 Berdan primed case that I missed. Apparently I over tightened that collet so rod didn't slide up and the tip snapped it off.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

Today will be another smelting day in the shop. We did 8 full 5 gallon buckets, about 1200# yesterday. Probably have all of today and another full day before we get all of them done. Its going smoother as everyone is getting used to working together. This is always fun but its always good to get through! When we get through and if I can figure out the picture thing, I'll post up some pictures!

Edit to ad: We smelted 8 more buckets. Looks like we have 8 more to go.
    Last edited by lightman; 01-28-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Boolit Master
    I recently sized my newly casted 158 swc boolits and tumble lubed them again. Found a sweet shooting .357 load using 5.0 gr. Titegroup. 970 out of my 4" SP 101 and plenty accurate off hand. 7.0 gr. of Unique was not so good showing a wide range of velocity. Will try some AA #7 for med. loads instead.

Also loaded some 38 spec. up for Wifey's 2" SP 101, 3.1 gr. Titegroup with the same boolit, about 650 fps.

Annealed cases Friday night. Sized 114 30-06 cases. Cleaned primer pockets. Expanded necks to .308 for seating .310 diameter 165gr FP cast bullet. Primed cases with CCI 200 primers. Will drop 10 grains of Unique and seat bullets later tonight. Shooting out of a Remington 760 tomorrow...

*Used 11 grains of Trailboss instead...
    Last edited by eric123; 01-27-2018 at 11:24 PM.

I loaded 150 gr j words to use up partial boxes of .308" bullets in the .300 Blackout. 15.5 grs of Win 296 under Nosler BT, Speer HotCor flat point, and PPU pointed sp. This load is supposed to clip along around 1700 fps and should do on pigs within 100 yds just fine.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    MOA what alloy did you use to make those nice looking sabots? I have a Lyman mold to make those for 12 gauge. It's one of those casting and reloading tasks on my to-do before warm spring weather hits so I go out and test them.

Still polishing brass. Have a batch of 30-06 that is dated from WW 1 to the 30's then WW 2 and some of Korean War as well as from Vietnam era. Wet tumbled to get it really clean, then tonight a brief trip through the vibrating media to apply some nu-finish polish.

Broke a Lee de-priming pin on a .308 Berdan primed case that I missed. Apparently I over tightened that collet so rod didn't slide up and the tip snapped it off.
    I just used straight roofing jack lead..near as I can tell it's pure lead. I got some loaded up from data in the lyman 4th ED. Half I used the data on and the other half I put a 20 ga overshot card under the sabot. Will see if any difference when I get to the range. Will post some images of the loading.

Boolit Master
    Sized ,expanded, cleaned ,and polished 50 357 mag cases I emptied last week .load them up tonight.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Got the Lyman slugs loaded up and boxed ready for the range and testing in my scoped Moss 9200 rifled barrel test gun.

Boolit Master
    I built (3) different light boolit "cat sneeze" loads for an H&R 30-30 using 115-117 weight boolits. Same br*** (W-W), pistol primer (Federal 150), 5.0 Unique. The boolits are the Lyman 311359, Lee soup can, and Lyman 311316. Looking for group size and point of impact as the sights are currently regulated for a hunting load, just a bit (?) faster.

Boolit Master
    MOA no wad cups?

Started decapping and tumbling 9x19 that has been sitting around for a couple of decades. Fired the last of the reloads 2-3 years ago when I got my suomi.

Alternating tumbling with 5.56 I finished decapping a couple weeks ago.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    MOA no wad cups?
    Ok jdfoxinc, here ya go. Just one of the ones I left out so here it is along with the over shot card included. lol

Now for today's efforts. Kept looking at that bottle of OO buck siting on the shelf calling to me. After about an hour I had had enough, so here is what I did in the loading room today. Inventoried the hulls, re organized the wads, and pressed up a box of buck in Winchester silver AA hulls. Now these were done with the old style hard cards and fiber wads. I used a .135 nitro card over powder, then a 1/2" waxed hard fiber filler wad next and then 9 #00 stacked 3x3 followed by a 12 ga over shot card and finished up with a nice 8 point crimp.

Last edited by MOA; 01-28-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Tried out my new MP 360-156 mold and did a small batch. It was my first time using pins and there were no instructions I think I figured it out though.

I think I’m really going to enjoy this mold!

Looks real nice
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks! Still trying to figure out the break on process. I cleaned the mold and heat cycled it 3 times. Used a hot plate to pre heat and lubed with 2 cycle oil. Probably 70% still came out with wrinkles. I’m just trying to think if I got lube in places I shouldn’t have or if I should just take a match to the mold. Problem is that I don’t have any matches in the house

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a nice looking bullet!

Quote Originally Posted by EMR View Post
    Tried out my new MP 360-156 mold and did a small batch. It was my first time using pins and there were no instructions I think I figured it out though.

I think I’m really going to enjoy this mold!

How do you keep the PC from bunching up in the HP cavity?

Page 279 of 601 FirstFirst ... 179229269270271272273274275276277278279280281282283284285286287288289329379 ... LastLast