WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

froze my butt off

was a short trip with nothing to show for it
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master
    looked outside and said if I have to snowblow a trail into the range so be it I need some empty brass to reload

Boolit Grand Master

After USPS and FedX delivered I took some Christmas sale items to the bench. Not anything I NEED to do immediately and it was cold down there. A quick look around and it was back up to the fireplace to warm my buns. Priorities are different now days.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    In process of casting Lee 452-200 SWC for my 45. Mold has been milled down to produce a 190 gr flat base using range lead. Have a few over 300 now, waiting for the pot to come up temp after adding more lead, mold keeping arm on hotplate. Hope to get about 1000 before I run out lead and have to go to the shed for more.

Polished a couple of hundred each 30-30 and 45-70 cases
    Cast 150 Ranch Dog 350 grain, and about 200 Saeco #315 160 gr and heat treated.
    Gas checked and lubed every one of 'em.
    Taking a break now before setting up the Dillon to load 'em all.
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion

Boolit Master
    Worked out some bugs reloading 9mm on a Loadmaster. That press sure gets temperamental now and again. Primarily with cast boolits
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Grand Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Started melting down some lead into ingots.

Planned on processing all 650#s but I ran out of propane. Weather didn't help as it was barely over 20 today. Ended up w/ three more rows than what's pictured.

Pot is completely full and ready for when I get propane tomorrow. I won't have much time so 260#s is staying as cores.

The #5 ladle really sped up the process. But it's to large for the pot and really on the heavy side when full. A #4 would have been perfect. But being able to pour two ingots w/ one dip into the pot is sweet.
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 12-29-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Received a Redding trim die in post for 7.7 Jap so hacksawed and filed the 30.06s I'd already sized then annealed them.
    Steve
    "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
    Life member NRA, USPSA, ISRA
    Life member AF&AM 294

Quote Originally Posted by Randy C View Post
    Attachment 210482 reloading in my apartment.
    Been there, done that!

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Finally got the workstation for the Dremel. Now I can start on putting together the shorty shells and utilize the shells that are starting to wear out a bit.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm thinking Harbor Freight little saw should be perfect for this too. I use it with a small jig for cutting down 5.56 to for m 300AAC.

Made use of Satan's Gunsmith (Dremel) to open the loading port up on my Rem 870 for 3-Gun. I can actually quad load now. Coated another 1,000ish Lee 356-125 2R with Hi-Tek. Cleaned up a bunch. Organized a little. Lots of dryfire practice between all that with the shotgun and the AR.

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Grand Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Humped around 500#s of lead into the attic of the garage and stacked it in a foot locker. It has a lock on it to prevent family members from relieving me of it.

Boolit Master

Nice ingots!

Boolit Master
    Sized some 223 brass.now ive got about 300 to prep and clean .if I can get rid of this cold I've had all Christmas.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Humped around 500#s of lead into the attic of the garage and stacked it in a foot locker. It has a lock on it to prevent family members from relieving me of it.
    Nice looking box! I saw the pics that you posted in my thread about storing lead. Yeah, I remember you posting about loosing a bunch of your stash to a theft. Thats gotta be tough!

Boolit Grand Master

I'm not doing anything right now. Me and my stuff has been banned from the house until after we do Christmas for the Wife's family, which is today. But, I plan to use the next several days of forecast cold weather to continue washing, sizing and tumbling my stash of pistol brass. Prolly going to order a brass sorter and a heavy duty lead skimmer tonight. Getting prepared for a big smelt early into the new year.

Boolit Master
    Just got done casting 1100 +/- NOE clone of the 311291. I cast 1000+ of the LEE 452-200 SWC a couple of days ago and with what I have on hand I have about 3K 45's and 2.5K for the 06 and 30/40. Now the real chore, getting them sized.

Boolit Master
    Tumbling 75 45ACP & 50 38spec. for some 700x load development. Will be depriming & loading tonight.
    High today of -5F, after a low about -16F on the NOAA website for this area. I live by two rivers confluence, so it is even colder here where it is lower down than the airport where their thermometer is. Usually by about 10deg. F. So spending much of the day inside. When I was younger I would be out in it like a champ. Older now & the joints don't play nice in the cold, so inside I stay for now.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Cleaned a few hundred .223 cases in my new sonic cleaner .once they have dried fully I'll put them in my tumbler to polish them up .no more being teased about my filthy cases at the club .now if they shoot better I'll be delighted!

Page 271 of 604 FirstFirst ... 171221261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280281321371 ... LastLast