Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    loaded some 9X18's

You sir, are an artist!

Boolit Master
    Sorted 1250 38 Special cases by headstamp. Then bagged them up into freezer bags. I am not sure if sorting cases is more boring than cleaning primer pockets, trimming case length, or de burring case mouths. Almost like watching grass grow or paint dry...

Sheesh...

Now I have to do the 1250 45ACPs next. Tomorrow or the next day, maybe. My eyes are going cross-eyed as it is...

Who's next?
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    I cast a good number of RCBS 245 gr.swc boolits. Gotta go through them and see which ones I don't like. Probably will size and lube them tomorrow...,
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Disassembled all the ML long guns I own, then cleaned, oiled and reassembled them.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    You sir, are an artist!
    Yes he is!

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Sorted 1250 38 Special cases by headstamp. Then bagged them up into freezer bags. I am not sure if sorting cases is more boring than cleaning primer pockets, trimming case length, or de burring case mouths. Almost like watching grass grow or paint dry...

Sheesh...

Now I have to do the 1250 45ACPs next. Tomorrow or the next day, maybe. My eyes are going cross-eyed as it is...

Who's next?
    And I thought I was the only one lunatic enough to sort 38 Special by headstamp. Welcome to the asylum!

Aaahhhh.......that dreaded task. The better half just absolutely LOVES when I go down that road. House smells like Ballistol for days!!

Quote Originally Posted by RED333 View Post
    Disassembled all the ML long guns I own, then cleaned, oiled and reassembled them.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Bub
    WHEW!!!! finally finished almost 8000 rounds ready to be loaded boy my arm is tired!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9mm.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	208968 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9mm.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	208968Todays run of 9mm 124 grs TC ready to go down range! [/QUOTE]

“A liberal’s paradise would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or not, such a place does indeed already exist: It's called Prison."

--- Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Maricopa County, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Laich View Post
    primered (is that a verb?) 50 brass shotshells for cowboy shooting
    I think the correct word is "primed" and it applies to both in singular and plural actions. English is a messed up language!

Boolit Master
    Replaced the pressure screw and piston Lyman 450. Continued lubing/sizing 95 gr .312 pills.

Experimented with making .22 gas checks from .011" Al flashing from Home Depot. I think it needs to be annealed. The Lee classic press being an O style makes it difficult to feed the free check 3. May switch to Hollywood Sr. press.

Boolit Master
    Decapped a bunch of 38 spl and 45-70 brass and washed with SS pins.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    Yes he is!

And I thought I was the only one lunatic enough to sort 38 Special by headstamp. Welcome to the asylum!
    So I am casting Lee 358-158 RF's in anticipation of purchasing a S&W 327 TRR8 this Winter. I picked up 2,000 pieces of brass already. You guys that are sorting by head stamp, were you seeing much issues with group size prior to this or was this strictly a proactive measure?

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakenFan69 View Post
    So I am casting Lee 358-158 RF's in anticipation of purchasing a S&W 327 TRR8 this Winter. I picked up 2,000 pieces of brass already. You guys that are sorting by head stamp, were you seeing much issues with group size prior to this or was this strictly a proactive measure?

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69
    "Proactive" for me, mostly. I sort everything by head stamp, age/amount of firings, etc.. I like to know what I am using, & what might be different should something change. Trying to maintain "consistency" when it matters. Stuff like that...

I keep track of that info most of the time so I can try to accurately keep track of things I use & do as I go along. Helps when trying to figure out issues if/when they happen.

I am a firm believer in having as much info as possible to go on, when I want to either repeat or improve what I am doing. Like keeping the same recipe for what I do when I make a soup, smoke a rack of ribs or a venison shoulder, etc.. and then I know what I may want to do to repeat that recipe or what I might do to change it...

As they say, " YMMV". Do as ya like.

------------------

Today in the reloading room...

Still working on my Alliant Red Dot testing for handguns....

Today, I loaded up 25 - 38 spec. cases ( G.F.L. head stamp) , once fired, "as cast" ( Ave. .3565" - .3575" after 4 months storage), 124gr 2R ( ave. weight 126.1), tumble lubed 45/45/10, with CCI #500(SPP),
    5 cartridges each ranging from 3.0gr. - 3.4 gr., using Alliant Red Dot, (total 25 cartridges) for some sandbagged/bench rest/tripod accuracy testing @ 25 yds. with that load in colder weather(0F -25F deg.).
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Boolit Buddy
    About 280 rounds of 9mm Christmas cheer. Don’t judge me.

Very cool EMR...use that for your AVATAR in the month of December and get into the drawing to win a chronograph.

Merry Christmas to you also!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EMR View Post
    That is really cool!

Thanks for doing that & sharing!

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

On the contrary- we judge you guilty of Christmas Spirit! Well done!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Very cool EMR...use that for your AVATAR in the month of December and get into the drawing to win a chronograph.

Merry Christmas to you also!
    Wow I didn’t realize this was a thing! That’s very generous of you to do that. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    That is really cool!

Thanks for doing that & sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    On the contrary- we judge you guilty of Christmas Spirit! Well done!
    Thanks guys!

Boolit Master

Wow I didn’t realize this was a thing! That’s very generous of you to do that. Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks guys!

Awesome picture EMR !!! Wish you luck in the contest.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master

EMR, wonderful and Thank You
    Have a very merry Christmas
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Page 263 of 601 FirstFirst ... 163213253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273313363 ... LastLast