RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy
    Not in the room, but yesterday I did melt down 100 lbs of sheet and pipe into ingots outside the room.

Quote Originally Posted by rmark View Post
    Not in the room, but yesterday I did melt down 100 lbs of sheet and pipe into ingots outside the room.
    I made ingots out of around 75 pounds of ISO lead containers and 30 lbs. of print spacer strips. Oh and 1.5 lbs. of pewter. I decided not to melt the mug with a whistle as the handle, at least not melting it for now. Has initials and a 1968 date engraved in it but not too deep, I'm thinking about seeing if I can give it a "brushed" finish that erases the engraving.

Due to the paint on the ISO containers I had to do those with garage open at both ends and a fan going so I figured I better do that now rather than when it was freezing out.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Started sizing 750 .32 acp brass.

I spent a little range time, sighted in the the tikka in 300wm, tried a few more loads in that confounded winchester model 100, and patterned a new grouse load in the 12ga. It was a beautiful sunny day at the range, and I was the only one there, great! I also scrounged a bunch of brass, about three gallons of .223 from the guys that like to stand 10feet from the pistol berm and turn money into noise with their AR, god bless them for leaving me so much perfectly good brass. I also picked up thirty or so pieces of 22 hornet, never seen it before, neat looking little cartridge.

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    Loaded 2 boxes 470 N.E. Clean the benches up(some).
    Loaded some test load 350 Rigby magnums then unloaded them plus the above-mentioned rounds and batches of 416 Rigby, 35 Remington, 450/400 N.E., 400/350 N.E. and 22 LR.

Came home and loaded about half in the polisher, the rest will go in tomorrow.

As silly as it sounds, my back feels the best it has in a year.

Loaded up 100 .357's for ringing the gong

[IMG][/IMG]

Boolit Master

I cleared off the top of the workbench and organized the ammo boxes on the shelves underneath and then loaded up fifty 6.5 Creedmoor cases with 100gr Hornady Poly-tipped match bullets for National Match practice. 35.5gr of Varget should get me around 2650fps out of a 20" barrel according to the Lee Precision reduction formula.

I plan to do some casting for 9mm, 38 and 40 caliber in pistol bullets and some 6.5, .30 and .50 caliber rifle bullets this weekend.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Slow night. Loaded 25 more shot shells and then switched gears to spin up 50 Lyman 525 gn slugs loads. I really need to pick up a universal charge bar for my MEC Sizemaster. I don't currently have the correct bushing for 17gn Clays and so I'm using a Hornady Auto Charge to weigh out the powder. Certainly slows down production. If I had the Universal bar I could really be banging them out.

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Grand Master

Mostly a bunch of tinkering type stuff! Cleaned a bunch of loading dies and sorted through a box of odd cartridges and cases that were given to me. A lot of them were duds picked up at the range and I'll pull the bullets, dump the powder and deprime them.

Boolit Grand Master

Not in the loading room but me and Biggin just finished unloading the 2800# of lead that we bought over the weekend. We loaded it by hand but used my tractor to unload it. Having a beer now!

Boolit Master
    I had a slow brainstorm. Because of my neuropathy I have trouble holding on to things. The Lee 310 boolits that I had left over needed gaschecks. I used my arbor press to seat the checks that wouldn't snap on easily, then lubed and sized them. Did good.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Melted about 60 lbs of soft roofing lead. Nasty stuff. Probably had 3 or 4 lbs of dirt, dust and just junk in the melt but now I'm waiting to add tin and lino for the final product. I used some Marvelux to help separate the trash and now it looks like silver cornsticks! I'd post pics but they wont load.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Installing a Timney Sportsman on my 1916 Spanish custom. A great rifle deserves a great trigger to release that sixty second lock time!

Boolit Master
    Finished sizing approx 750 .32 acp. Then aporox 299 .25 ac. Then primed 250 new .32 acp. All of the (?) once fired brass ad been deprimed then cleaned.

Boolit Master
    More rooting around and found my freechex II. Then I cast more of the 310 Lee boolits and as usual got a splash burn. Nothing serious, just a small place on my little finger. Now to find some aluminum and make some gas checks. Not that I need any, as I have several boxes in various sizes
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Found a random container on the shelf full of .400" round balls; so I ran some through the .379" sizer and loaded them in 9.4 Dutch to see how they do. Also worked out the kinks in converting 8mm Lebel military berdan primed brass to 209 primers after discovering my old method used on Kynoch commercial brass did not work well on military brass. These are for converting to 10.35 Italian Vetterli.
    Back in the land of boolits.

Loaded up some new slug rounds for testing as one of the gas seals I have been using is no longer available. Realized I have 200 Lyman 525gn slugs loaded at this point and still itching to crank out some more. Hope to get some testing done this weekend.

Kraken Fan #69

Well I have ran myself out of shot shell components. I spun up another 50 and ran out of wads. I have been using CB WAA12F114 clones for shot and slug. I had recently bought some Original Winchesters off Kijiji that were Winchester WAA12's and WAA12F114's but the Win WAA12F114's are different dimensions than my CB clones. I did another 25 to test with before I get too carried away. I have some CB Clones of the 12S3 and 12S0's too but the load I have been running is working great so I'll probably just buy more of those. I have over 500 1-1/8 oz &-1/2 shot shells on hand and there is snow on the ground so I should be ok for awhile. More testing to do. Back to casting and I think I'll switch gears back to .223 for a bit.

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master
    Loaded 150 357mag with some 195 gr gc boolits over 11.5 gr 2400 ,then 50 308 with Lee 160gr GC boolits over 18 gr of 2400 .getting low on boolits so a casting session is the next on the agenda.

Picked up 2,000 38 Special cases today to be able to begin loading my 358-158 RF I've been casting. Also finished my shotgun shell conditioning tool. Works like a champ!

$20 CAD!

Kraken Fan #69

Page 255 of 603 FirstFirst ... 155205245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265305355 ... LastLast