Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

So, not exactly in the reloading room, however, out back I poured up 19+ lbs of NOE 135 gr RNFP's. The calculator says it totaled 1,011 boolits. That ought to hold me for a little while !! Love those Al Nelson molds..... Forgot to mention - 9mm they were..
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Day 2 alloy study...Sb alloys hardening as expected, all diameters unchanged...stay tuned!

Boolit Master
    More puttering. I loaded another box of 9mm, this time with Green Dot, and just five rounds of 30-06 AI with165 gr Gamekings and H380 iirc.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Sorted, trimmed, prepped and swaged the primer crimps on a few hundred .223 cases. Thanks to the case prep center and swager, otherwise I don't think I would even load rifle anymore... Arthritis is a cruel mistress

Oh, and spent way to much time on C.B...

Boolit Master

Dropped 100 Lyman 452651s and 75 or so Lee 475 325wfn. Checked and sized them all.

Boolit Master

Put together a hundred rounds of 12 gauge round ball loads for deer season (and practice!) and made up some Bruce B softpoints for my .375 Winchester. I usually hunt with the rifle but on those rainy/snowy/wet/sloppy days I prefer to take the shotgun, no optics to mess with and shots are generally inside 30 yards.
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Grand Master

Nothing! It's hunting season so I went in there to get some hunting ammo for a sight-in session. Found about half of my missing 45acp ammo. Hunting ammo performed very well. I remembered why I don't enjoy long plinking sessions with my Marlin 45-70's and RD hunting ammo. These rifles and boolits seem to enjoy ammo loaded very close to the edge of where I no longer enjoy touching them off, lol. Seems I'm a glutton for punishment, decided I better sight in one of my 35 Whelen rifles for a bad weather gun.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Assembled another 50 loads of 458WM. Tomorrow I'll do some field position shooting practice in preparation of the hunting season. Was over 90* here today and after a tiring week was not in the right frame of mind to go and shoot.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

What are you hunting with 458 winnags?

Boolit Grand Master

Looks like I was mistaken, got to spend some quality time in the loading room after all. Too windy to verify scope settings after the fog cleared so I loaded 30 38-55 hunting loads and 50 32WCF plinking loads. That session wrapped up those two projects; not sure what's left but thinking I need to continue my 32WS, 30US, 300Sav and 35Rem projects next time I get bored, lol.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Went through the cycle of loading 25 12ga shot shells while waiting for the Lee pot to heat up then can a pot full to the rim of 9mm using a Magma Engineering 124gn and a Lee 356-125 2R mold. I figure if I keep to this every so often I will be in good shape come spring.

Kraken Fan #69

Day 3 of the alloy study, added a 1% Sn arm of the trial. Cast .32 WS 165 gr boolits in an original winchester mold, difficult to use but really neat to use winchester factory mold boolits in my 1894 SRC from 1926!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	.32 ws.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	207241

Banned
    I love reloading BUT sometimes forming cases can get a little old. I'm in the process of converting a bunch of 223 to 300 AAC BO.
    Got them all rough cut, de-primed, wet tumbled, lubed, formed. I have 1 blue tub left to trim to length and de-bur. Next, I have a large batch of 9x19 to 9x18.

Loaded 2 boxes 470 N.E. Clean the benches up(some).

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by quail4jake View Post
    Day 3 of the alloy study, added a 1% Sn arm of the trial. Cast .32 WS 165 gr boolits in an original winchester mold, difficult to use but really neat to use winchester factory mold boolits in my 1894 SRC from 1926!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	.32 ws.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	207241
    Do you have a thread about your study or are you going to wait to post your conclusions? My shooting buddy has a very similar Winchester mould and loading tool, both look like new. Very good workmanship.

Boolit Grand Master

Sorted and stored away a bunch of brass. Added a few cartridges to my collection and updated my list.

Boolit Master
    Inspected and weighed the .224 52 gr bullets and started seting hornady gas checks. These pills are so small thatmy fingers cover them when I'm attempting to line the up with the seating die and top punch. Split the Nose on 3 bullets that Wernt aligned.
    Last edited by jdfoxinc; 11-06-2017 at 08:22 PM. Reason: "==;&\&_ auto correct

Cast another 1,000 9mm and 400 .357 mag projectiles today. Also did my 25 12ga shot shells while the pot warmed up again. I had better start Hi-Tek coating some of these soon.

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master
    Started loading my practice round in 9mm. Need to load about 500 total so it will be in several stages
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master
    I was going to cast some 310 gr. Lee boolits but rooted around a bit and found some, so I sized and lubed and put gas checks on a few and loaded up my remaining .44 mag brass with 10.5 gr of True Blue. I'm gettingto like that powder.......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Page 254 of 604 FirstFirst ... 154204244245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264304354 ... LastLast