MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    Bookworm do you have plans for the zinc?
    Well, my initial plans are to try to cast some heavy sinkers with it, 3 lbs or so each. I still need to figure out how to make a re-usable mould.

The sinkers are for trot-line weights, for catfishing. I don't do much fishing myself, but some fellows that I know are heavy in to it, and those same fellows have access to wheel weights. Instead of them using the wheel weights to cast weights, I want to use the zinc weights as bait, to get those wheel weights away from them.

I'm hoping that me giving them pre-cast trot-line weights will induce them to trade me the wheel weights they do have.

That should give me some lead, and some more zinc to cast more fishing weights.

If the plan works.

Unless you have a better plan ?

Vendor Sponsor
    I loaded 40 250 Savage cases with 44.5 grains of Superformance and 75 gr. old Barnes X bullets. I have a desert big horn ewe tag next week and I am taking my model 99 as a backup for a 1908 model 94 in 32 win special with cast boolits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
    Well, my initial plans are to try to cast some heavy sinkers with it, 3 lbs or so each. I still need to figure out how to make a re-usable mould.

The sinkers are for trot-line weights, for catfishing. I don't do much fishing myself, but some fellows that I know are heavy in to it, and those same fellows have access to wheel weights. Instead of them using the wheel weights to cast weights, I want to use the zinc weights as bait, to get those wheel weights away from them.

I'm hoping that me giving them pre-cast trot-line weights will induce them to trade me the wheel weights they do have.

That should give me some lead, and some more zinc to cast more fishing weights.

If the plan works.

Unless you have a better plan ?
    Have you tried a tuna fish can or a cat food can? They would be one time moulds but they ought peel off the zinc leaving approximately a 3 lb. weight. You could form an omega shaped heavy wire to embed into the weight for tying the weights to the trot line...
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    I cast 1" round balls for my cannon.

Humm sinkers cannon balls. 6 of one half a dozen of the other. Go for the ww trade.

Boolit Master

Cleaned up a bit.

Banned
    I sized these, now my elbow hurts

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Loaded some more 45 ACP with 454424 NOE copy and loaded up 10 clips with it .
    Ran some 380 with the 358-88 NOE .

I had the big pot empty so I tossed in about $20 in pewter ware that I've been scrounging up for a yr or 2 . About 10# in neat little 1/2 # Lee ingots .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    I moved my RCBS base plate to to where I had my RockChucker. I bolted down the press and it seemed mighty sturdy. I might order another so I can mount my powder measure and ( dare I say it? ) case trimmer when needed. I also emptied my tumbler and sorted the brass.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Loaded up 50 45ACP TC & 50 RN for plinking rounds. Wanted to go out & do some shooting, but not in the rain. Looked over the supply of cast & I need to get moving on some more boolits before it gets colder here. Either that or get a ventilation system for the garage set up. Little bit every chance I have the time.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Loaded up 50 45ACP TC & 50 RN for plinking rounds. Wanted to go out & do some shooting, but not in the rain. Looked over the supply of cast & I need to get moving on some more boolits before it gets colder here. Either that or get a ventilation system for the garage set up. Little bit every chance I have the time.
    I'm thinking of using an old venta-hood hanging from fixture chain (my pots are on an island in the shop) and flex duct it across the ceiling outside of the garage.

Boolit Master

Good idea!

Boolit Buddy

Gas checked, lubed and sized some .32 90gr. on the Lyman 4500. One size fits all for my .32-20, 32 H&R Mag and .327 Fed. Makes me appreciate the star for the 9mm and 45's

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    I'm thinking of using an old venta-hood hanging from fixture chain (my pots are on an island in the shop) and flex duct it across the ceiling outside of the garage.
    I have been pondering on it for some time now. I already have the ducting & a inline fan a buddy gave me for the purpose. I just have to figure out a hood & a good location in there. If I can't find old stove vent like ya mention, I may just cut a hole an old baking pan and fasten it up above the pots & have it attached to the ducting till I find a range hood for it.

Thanks for sharing your suggestion, for sure!

Gotta do something though. The winters here get pretty chilly to be doing casting outside.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Flaired some .38 Special brass. I was a bit confused,as I again had to adjust the die. I have a suspicion that when I use that die with the washer under it for my .357 that I'll have a trumpet if I'm not careful. Dunno why......been doing it for years and now this.......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    I have been pondering on it for some time now. I already have the ducting & a inline fan a buddy gave me for the purpose. I just have to figure out a hood & a good location in there. If I can't find old stove vent like ya mention, I may just cut a hole an old baking pan and fasten it up above the pots & have it attached to the ducting till I find a range hood for it.

Thanks for sharing your suggestion, for sure!

Gotta do something though. The winters here get pretty chilly to be doing casting outside.
    Thanks for your reply...it made remember a brand new 8" duct fan I have out in the barn! That would do it fine...all we have to do build is a frame out of 1X4" and cover one side with some 1/4" like a door skin or a piece of paneling. Hang it with some jack chain and we gotter done!

Boolit Master
    Cast more .25 51 gr pills. Boy do I need to convert these new to me 2 cavity lyman molds for my master caster.

Boolit Master
    Cleaned the 223 small base loading dies after loading 600 rounds of 223 with bullets left over for many years of shooting service rifle in NRA high power matches. Trying to load up a lot of different bullets collected over the years. The 243 loading next with lots of 6 mm bullets in the cabinet.

About a month ago I ordered a neck sizing die for my 30-06, and was so impressed with it I ordered one for my 223 activities. I only shoot these in 1 bolt gun so it is very convenient not to have to lube and all that goes with that. At about case 155 everything came to a screeching halt. there was something blocking the primer hole and of course (if a little does good, lots will do better) I applied more pressure and SNAP. Broke the pin off the bottom of the decapping mandrel. Bummer, well not too bad. I jumped onto the Lee site and filled out a ticket and guess what, next morning I get an email stating that there will be a new one in the mail for just paying shipping. I jumped over to PayPal and took care of that and now waiting for a new one. Wow, great service.

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded 120+ 25-20WCF for my old M94 Marlin. 9.2gr 4198 under a 260283, PC'd bullet from a plain base NOE mold. Just under 1300 fps and is very accurate in this old rifle. Works great for small game and backyard gongs.

Vendor Sponsor

Cast and powder coated 264 NOE 311247 HP's
    Ready for the Zombie squirrel attacks, Night of the killer fawns or just walking scum
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Page 244 of 601 FirstFirst ... 144194234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254294344 ... LastLast