Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    Started cleaning it, then got distracted by a partially used bag of 9mm boolits. So to "clean up the work bench" I ran them through the progressive press and filled up a medium coffee can with plinking ammo. The reloading room still needs cleaning, but that Ziploc bag is off of the bench now!
    I thing this line is the most posted in this thread.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

I'm one handed for the time being. I dug around and found 50 sized 30-30 brass.
    I used the Mequon (Lee) little priming tool to prime them. I'm using Lee scoops to load 25 rds with 150 Speer fp and W748 for my 94 Win. And 25 rds with IMR 4320 and 150gr Nosler SBBT for my 93 Mauser.
    Gonna take a while but wth.
    Best, Thomas.
    Should have mentioned I was at the kitchen table.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sorted more cleaned brass and then ran it through my Annealeez ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Loading some 429421's with 8gr of Unique! One of my favorites in my S&W 29 Classic 5"!
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Grand Master

Sorted yet another bucket of wheelweights! The non lead weight count is so low on these that I'm tempted to just melt them down. But, I'm pretty picky. OK, I'm very picky! Being retired, I'm using these as something to do. The guy we bought these from said he pulled out all of the junk and he missed very little junk.

Boolit Master
    Deprived more of the 5gal bucket of range .223. Next reaming the primer pockets on my new RCBS trim mate. The old one was ruined in the fire.

Cleaned and organized it. It has been my rifle building bench for the past few months (built a Traditions Kentucky Rifle). My BIL and his wife are coming into town for the first time and my wife is an organization freak so...

I give her props because most of the time she overlooks by reloading bench because she's used to it being that way (she has 31 years of practice too). Anyway, got some junk thrown out that I didn't need and got some of my boolits organized and labeled so it was a beneficial exercise.
    Last edited by taco650; 09-25-2017 at 06:04 AM.

Boolit Master
    Prepped some brass to try some cast in my new Hi Point .380 carbine, Lee 356-102-1r and Saeco 371 are up first. It ended up having a short chamber, which threw me for a loop at first testing dummy rounds until I trimmed some brass down to minimum spec.
    Back in the land of boolits.

Boolit Master

Finally got around to setting up my Dillon Square deal press to load some .45 ACP's. Cast the boolits last week and got them powdercoated a neat HF Red and HF Red/Yellow mix that came out a nice Orange. Then I had to size them in my Star but NOT LUBED. I gave 'em a shot of lube (aerosol) and that sped up the process and saved my shoulder.

Got the Dillon set up and ran a few dummy rounds thru to set my COAL, amount of powder (AA#2 5.3 Gr) under a 235 GR LRN boolit and they look like small lipsticks that you may find in your woman's purse when you a taking a set of keys (with her permission of course).

Ran them into the cage gage and all is OK. Loaded the press with 100 primers and a half tube of powder and off to the races. Except I kept on getting a problem with difficult priming. Rather then mess with it I decided to prime the cases by hand and run them thru without the decapping wire in the end of the stem. All that took place Saturday. Sunday is my day of rest and I did just that. Monday will see me priming and getting the ancient Dillon back to work. All I want is about 800 completed rounds. Then I will start on the 45 Colt and 327 Fed Magnum cartridges.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Grand Master

Getting the abused TruLine Jr set up and trying to use. The six hole steel turret does not index (of course - four holes!) and adjusting to this. The shell holder was drilled out to 1/2" - and Froggie suggested a Hollywood shell holder might fit. I have some spare Bair (1/2") shell holders (switched the Brown Bair to CH4D) and need to trim one of these to length. I'm considering dedicating this one to the 9x18 Mak, but discovered I need to cast some more boolits!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Started running the .223 brass I prepped last week through the Super Swage 600. Slow process but its something that can get done while you watch TV. Made it through about half (1,250) of what was decapped and cleaned last week. Lots left to decap and clean, lots left to swage...

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master

Was given about 1/3 bucket of wheel weights a few weeks ago. Got tired of walking around the bucket, so I sorted and rendered them down.
    Got about 30 lbs of CWW in ingots. Tossed the SWW in the bucket with the rest, I'll get to them eventually.

Had a can full of Zinc weights, I figured I'd go ahead and render those down also. They sure take ALOT more heat to render than do the lead weights. I poured the liquid Zn into a homemade mould, one which nets about 2.25 lb ingots with lead. I'm curious to see what the weight of the zinc ingots are.

When they cool down enough to handle, I'll weigh them.

Finished all the clean .223 brass Swaging. Sized it all and and started the process of trimming. Should be done tonight.

Kraken Fan #69

Banned
    I PC'd and baked 1100 357-125's and 250 452-252's in 43 min.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I turned a new pin for the primer pocket swager die I think one of my Little Helpers got heavy handed with some of the last batch .Attachment 204940
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    I loaded a box of 9mm then deprimed and sized some .38 /.357 brass. I have it in the tumbler now. I hope I don't forget it.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Cast a bunch of .25 50 gr for .25 ACP. Sized and lubed some 9mm lee TL cones. All while doing my laundry. Howes that for multitasking?

Boolit Master
    Searched through all my shelves looking for my expensive SD ammo....I found a few boxes but not nearly as many as I remembered ordering. Apparently I shot a lot of them for the brass . Plenty of 357 magnum has been located now and a ammo can full of 45acp which I thought I was out of. Inventory is always amusing to see what I'd squirreled away.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    Bookworm do you have plans for the zinc?

Sorted over 5# range brass. Had quite a bit of 40 s&w PURPLE nickel cases with WMA headstamp.

Page 243 of 603 FirstFirst ... 143193233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253293343 ... LastLast