WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Chasing further issues last evening I found the 650 wouldn't index. So i tore it apart to investigate. The index spring had gotten buggered somewhere along the way. All better now. It was touch and go for a bit there.

Kraken Fan #69

Melted some culls today, yesterday I processed a hundred 30/30 cases and several hundred 40sw, primed & ready.
    Actually spending time to learn all but drum parts of 'Apache' (Jorgen Ingmann) without the overdubs. Venture's release helps some. Need to find the 'Cherokee' version too.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    I SIZED , FL ,TRIMMEED, 100 30-30 ONCE FIRED BRASS,lenghth trimmed and primed also. Loaded 40 with 175 gr. lachmiller , Pc'd, no check sized to
    .311 over 9 gr. Of Unique
    Will be shot from my Marlin 336 S.C..
    Will report back when I shoot these.- CASTER
    Last edited by CASTER OF LEAD; 09-18-2017 at 12:55 AM.
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    This is "casting week" for me. I've been casting various round balls and conicals for all of my muzzleloaders. Goal is to get a good supply ahead so I have plenty to use and won't have to cast for quite a while. Today, I got about 450 different round balls done - I'm a "dipper" and with some of the odd sizes I do, all I have is single cavity molds. Not an issue though - plenty of time, I can stand in the garage and pour while looking outside - watch traffic go by and enjoy a nice day - and of course a cup of coffee every once in a while! Couple more days and I'll be done.

Boolit Master
    Pulled some .357 brass out of my tumbler and looked at some .45 Colt brass that needs attention, but as I don't have a .45 Colt yet I didn't see any hurry. Besides, it was hot out there.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    That's what I did after my total knee. Not only was it mentally therapeutic but I have a rolling office chair for the single stage bench. Pushing and pulling myself around with the weakened leg helped. I would plant my foot on the floor, grab a press and pull toward it, flexing that stiff knee. The reloading room was a sanctuary. Always was, still is.
    as a physical therapist, this was music to my ears!!!

Boolit Buddy

finished deburring 300+ cut down 5.56 cases in prep for forming to 300BO. Sized 100 or so LR 308 cases.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Well over lunch breaks at work this week cast 250 of my 46-405D. Also found old boxes that were used for parts that look like a pen box fit 50 of those in each very nicely.
    Next big project which is outside the reloading room is build the berm for my 300 yard range in the back. Which will result in more work IN the reloading room
    Ill try anything once, twice if I forgot

I never lack for anything to do in the reloading room

Trimmed 500 223 military on a Forster Trimmer. Gotta debur and chamfer next then ready to load.
    Then I need to size and lube 1000 230gr rn 45's and load them for my son's birthday present. Then cast 2000 H&G #51gc and size and lube and load 357's.
    Oh...I just remembered. I need to load 1000 308's.
    Long range plans to sort 10 5 gal buckets of wheel weights and make ingots. The cut up 125lbs of linotype pigs and make ingots.
    Never lack for anything to do in the man cave.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Mold
    Started working on some .410's this afternoon. Ran out of lead to melt down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20170916_135934539.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Tumbled, de-primed, sized & cleaned pockets on 150 -.380ACP cases. Priming/powder & seating some boolits tonite. Haven't decided on which weight boolits yet, nor whether I will size these before seating... Maybe some of each?

Decisions, decisions...
    LOL

The missus came down & helped prep. She is getting to where he wants to join in the prepping fort shooting & not just the shooting once in a while. Don't really know yet if that is a good thing or not.. Another thing to ponder on...

G'Luck & have fun!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Not my reloading room but someone else here on the forum, spent the morning digging through a flooded garage. Most of the boxes disentegrated when we tried to move them so we repacked into new boxes. The GI ammo cans weren't even bother by being under water, I need to invest in more of those for myself! Boxes and boxes of bullets and brass were quite soggy, once I get the rest of the equipment cleaned I'll try tossing them in a tumbler to see if they are saveable.

Found 3 presses that are much better off now, surface rust has been removed (just a bit of discoloration left) and they are spray with corrosion inhibiter now. A good amount of small tools are soaking in some evaporust, going to order a bucketful for the larger items and get them soaking once it arrives.

pretty good day over all, just hot and sweaty now. Too bad I have to go back to work tonight.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Grand Master

I checked my little out building loading room for anything rusting. Its just a wood framed , unconditioned , uninsulated , 1 room, built about three steps off the ground.
    Hurricane Harvey caused what seemed like a week of rain , off and on . I was laid up for two weeks and didn't get out there.
    Last week was nice weather but I was working from can to caint . This morning I checked all the moulds , casting and reloading tools on the bench and didn't find a speck of rust.
    I have been using Liquid Wrench Dry Lubricant , both the spray and the liquid applied with a Q-Tip on my moulds , dies , presses...anything that can rust that I want lubricated but not greasy or oily.
    That stuff appears to keep the rust at bay ....I don't know why, it's just some kind of a micro teflon ( they call it Cerflon) in a base that quickly evaporates. After coating the mould and cavities I put them away, the next casting session I warm the mould and the boolits want to jump out of the cavities...the stuff doesn't contaminate the cavity at all . I started spraying the other tools with it when I tired of getting oil/grease on hands...it's messy. I don't know how great a lubricant it is but it works at keeping the rust in check .... hard to argue with success !
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 09-16-2017 at 05:35 PM. Reason: spelling, I sprayed the mould, not spayed it !
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Quote Originally Posted by paraord View Post
    Well over lunch breaks at work this week cast 250 of my 46-405D. Also found old boxes that were used for parts that look like a pen box fit 50 of those in each very nicely.
    Next big project which is outside the reloading room is build the berm for my 300 yard range in the back. Which will result in more work IN the reloading room
    Wish I had the land to build a home range...

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Wish I had the land to build a home range...
    It took a lot of hard work to get it but I couldn't live anywhere else! Nothing like rolling out of bed and walking to your tree stand any morning you like with no drive time.
    Ill try anything once, twice if I forgot

Boolit Master
    Took my loading gear to our club today to give one of our newish members a basic introduction to reloading .loaded some .223 with 55 g sierra blitz jktd bullets .when he finished loading shot them at 100 yards nice group and happy guy .he bought a basic set up, Mr Lee's breech lock press kit .good day.

Boolit Master

melted two 5 gallon buckets of wheel weights to yield a measly 110 pounds of lead.
    damn you zinc.

Boolit Master

Loaded up my 32 cap and ball, sounds like a big cap gun with 10 grans of BP. Shot 50 or so out of my little 25ACP pistol.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Grand Master

Resized 100 223's for a project, degreased them and put them in the tumbler. Went out to the shop and sorted a 5 gallon bucket of wheelweights. Came back in and primed the 100 223's that were in the tumbler. Fired up the grill and cooked a steak and some chicken and had a couple of beers. Playing on the computer now!

Boolit Master

I assembled my RCBS upgrade kit from my2ndright.com. This includes a lid to keep the heat in and a neat alum platform with adjustable side rails to make casting from this big bottom pour melter easy. The mold guide that came with the RCBS is a metal rod. That is the problem it is metal. Not aluminum. My aluminum molds gall on the steel rod and it makes getting the stream of alloy into those teeny tiny holes in the sprue plate very difficult. Now with this aluminum shelf it should be smooth casting.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Page 241 of 601 FirstFirst ... 141191231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250251291341 ... LastLast