RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Re-loading as re-hab??? I sure hope so. I will ask the doc and SWWBO lol.......

Boolit Master

Ran the Magma with Mihec's 6-cavity 9mm brass mold for a few hrs then pulled the handle on the progressive and made some green-tipped .40's.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Buddy
    Sitting here recovering from my Triple A surgery . It will three more days before I can lift anything over 4 pounds . Then I plan on reloading a few k in different calibers for my next range trip .

Boolit Master
    Loaded up 200 rounds of my MP 200gr HP bullets over 4.7gr WST. Had a few pieces of brass where the primer punched out the anvil but left a ring stuck inside the pocket. Not sure if anyone has a method for saving those, I just toss them in the trash as I catch them. 2 more jars of bullets left to load for it before I switch to a different caliber.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Buddy

finished 4 new test loads for 135gr RNFP 9mm, loaded 250 .380 for the old man, and sorted 308 brass! Still trying to get the new room together after the move!!
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Could not sleep, so in the middle of the night I sized, flared & primed 150 38sp cases. 50 WC for 148gr. cast WC & 100 regular cases with 158gr cast SWC. I used one press to size & another set up to flare the mouths. then I set up one for priming & primed. Next will be powder & boolit seating later today, most likely. I am in no hurry anyway.

I am finding out that doing things weak one handed is slower & more meticulous than with one strong hand or both, but it can still be done with precision. Slow & easy...
    Remember James Braddock who after breaking his right hand as a boxer was forced to work with his weak left hand, when he came back he found he was better than before because the right hand was healed and he was more skillful with his left hand.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Remember James Braddock who after breaking his right hand as a boxer was forced to work with his weak left hand, when he came back he found he was better than before because the right hand was healed and he was more skillful with his left hand.
    I like the motivational point of that!

Thnx!

Going down to start the powder loading & seating of the ladder test for 50 of the WCs & 50 of the SWC for the missus this evening. Hopefully, then test them tomorrow on the sandbags thru the chrono, and then repeat with the best choice of the loads for all 150 total I will keep around for her.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

I supervised while my wife packed up some sold items then she & my son swept the floor, bless them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I got 100 rounds of 30/30 brass all set to load also sized and checked about 6# of Lyman 311041 Boolits
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Banned
    Loaded 18 test loads of 12 rounds each, 356-125-2r-- BE 3.8, 3.9, 4.0 in BHN 10, 14, 19 sized to .356, .357 Want to see how charge, weight, and size affect accuracy.

Going to build something like this tomorrow

Boolit Buddy

New Play Room

Moved to new house with 3 car garage. Decided to make one stall my play room so built a divider wall, insulated, sheet rocked and put in benches and shelves.
    Before:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garage reno 001 (2).jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	203942

After:

Name:	New Gun Room 001.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	203943

Name:	New Gun Room 002.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	203944

Name:	New Gun Room 003.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	203945

Made the MEC 9000G's "quick change" with bolts permanently mounted to bench so all I have to do is undo the 4 wing nuts to switch out the press with 410 or 28 ga (have the 12 and 20 mounted now). Will put in exhaust fan over the casting station (Far right near garage door) when I find one on sale.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz64 View Post
    Moved to new house with 3 car garage. Decided to make one stall my play room so built a divider wall, insulated, sheet rocked and put in benches and shelves.
    Nice!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Well thought out and executed...gotta luv it when a plan comes together!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

Added to my ingot stash and re-arranged a bit.
    God Bless, Whisler

Boolit Master
    Not a reloading room yet, but we clamped a press down on my buddies counter top and got him started on the reloading journey. Started him off with some 45 rounds, got the dies set, and made 3 rounds of 200gr lead RN over 4.8gr HP-38. Dummy round fed and cleared from his 1911 easily, next step is for him to build a real bench for more secure mounting and getting a digital scale. I apparently have gotten quite spoiled with my setup . All in all a good day getting another member introduced to the fun of reloading.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Derek...try to figure a way to isolate his digital scale from the bench vibrations and you'll save him time and frustrations...

Good job young man in helping to further our craft and for helping that other Texican whose eqpt. went submerged!

You are allright Derek...I don't care what they say about you . . .
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Continued sorting, cleaning up, and organizing down in my reloading room so that I can move around in there. Dang! I sure have a lot of "stuff"!
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Loaded up 250 Cast 225-61 Elvis .223 rounds for a 3-Gun match this Sat. Coated 350 358-158 RF rounds for a gun I do not as yet own. (plan to purchase this fall) pretty slow week as far as reloading goes.

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master
    Looked at the mess, and decided"I just gotta clean this up one of these days!"

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz64 View Post
    Before:

Name:	garage reno 001 (2).jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	203942

After:

Name:	New Gun Room 001.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	203943

Name:	New Gun Room 002.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	203944

Name:	New Gun Room 003.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	203945

Made the MEC 9000G's "quick change" with bolts permanently mounted to bench so all I have to do is undo the 4 wing nuts to switch out the press with 410 or 28 ga (have the 12 and 20 mounted now). Will put in exhaust fan over the casting station (Far right near garage door) when I find one on sale.
    Thats a nice room. I'm sure you will enjoy it for years to come.

Page 240 of 603 FirstFirst ... 140190230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250290340 ... LastLast