MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    Sorted another bucket of weights today. The yield is still holding up good.
    That's a really good yield too!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    Agreed! I have a couple hundred pounds of steel waiting to be recycled after my last smelting sessions. Got about 120 pounds of boolit alloy out of last two buckets. Lost my free wheel weight source so my next smelting session may be my last. Too much time invested for the lead yield I've been getting.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Finished prepping up my 45/70 brass and loaded 50 test rounds of 300 blackout with various cast loads. Some hi-tek with and without GC. Some BLL some carnauba red with gas check.
    Can't wait to shoot them

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    Please remember that I purchased these from another member and fellow caster and he had already sorted them. I'm slowly working my way through 20 buckets! I don't get this kind of yield from the tire stores although it seems to be holding up better than what some of you are seeing.

Boolit Master
    I took three handguns in to clean them. They were almost spotless to start with, and the bores had no trace of leading..

While cleaning I plugged in the lubrisizer and when I put the handguns away I sized and lubed about fifty boolits before I got too tired to function well. Now I'm resting on my bed with my kitty holding me down.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Quote Originally Posted by oldblinddog View Post
    Looks like Liz Taylor's lipstick! How do you get the bottoms coated?

I didn't do anything today, but I cast some RCBS 30-150-SP yesterday that look ferocious:
    Attachment 202878Attachment 202879
    They were born with teeth! These were the best yet with this very well used mold.
    When I was using powder coating with a PC gun the bottoms were never coated. Switched to Hi-Tek and I find the process to go much faster and is more forgiving. If 2 get stuck together during curing I just pop them apart when I remove them from the oven and can not see or feel where they were touching. I'm not sure how that works but its great! Once I have my Hi-Tek mixed up I just add some to my projectiles in a plastic bin and shake them until the Acetone evaporates. First coat is really light and the next two is a bit heavier. I rub/smash test one at each coat. It sounds like more steps ( multiple coats ) but I run three trays and just pull one out, pop one in and add the next coat. Set the time and go back to casting or watching tv. repeat until all three coats are done. Works for me.

Cast and coated another 1,000 9mm this week. Plus coated the .223 I cast earlier this week. Loaded 1,000 more rounds of 9mm. Been a pretty productive week. Going to the range is a pain this week as I'm on call so I just use this as my prep time. Just ordered a 6 cav Lee 358-158 RF last night to add into the rotation too!

Kraken Fan #69

Quote Originally Posted by KrakenFan69 View Post
    When I was using powder coating with a PC gun the bottoms were never coated. Switched to Hi-Tek and I find the process to go much faster and is more forgiving. If 2 get stuck together during curing I just pop them apart when I remove them from the oven and can not see or feel where they were touching. I'm not sure how that works but its great! Once I have my Hi-Tek mixed up I just add some to my projectiles in a plastic bin and shake them until the Acetone evaporates. First coat is really light and the next two is a bit heavier. I rub/smash test one at each coat. It sounds like more steps ( multiple coats ) but I run three trays and just pull one out, pop one in and add the next coat. Set the time and go back to casting or watching tv. repeat until all three coats are done. Works for me.

Cast and coated another 1,000 9mm this week. Plus coated the .223 I cast earlier this week. Loaded 1,000 more rounds of 9mm. Been a pretty productive week. Going to the range is a pain this week as I'm on call so I just use this as my prep time. Just ordered a 6 cav Lee 358-158 RF last night to add into the rotation too!

Kraken Fan #69
    Your gonna luv that mould! That's one of the best cast rounds I have... .38 Spl. or .357 Mag.

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Yup, that's a great boolit ! Hopefully I can empty some brass this weekend, depending on how I feel.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Your gonna luv that mould! That's one of the best cast rounds I have... .38 Spl. or .357 Mag.

Those look great! I spent the morning decapping 2,000 9mm cases. I have a decap only toolhead on myy 650. Now to go start SS pin tumbling them prior to roller resizing. Always something to do.

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master

300 Blackout

Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    300 Blackout

Those look awesome!!

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Grand Master

Cleaned 2 rifles I took to the range several weeks ago. I swabbed the barrels with Ballistol before setting them aside but one thing led to another and I never got the chance to clean them.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

300 Blackout

I'm building a 300 now. How do those boolits run in yours and what mould are they??

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by KrakenFan69 View Post
    Those look awesome!!

Kraken Fan #69
    THanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I'm building a 300 now. How do those boolits run in yours and what mould are they??
    Lee 312-155. They shot about 2.5" at 100 last time.
    I'm trying to see if they will run with hi-tek. Loaded some with and without gas check to test.

I have to say that 311365 with a pinch of powder subsonic is awesome!! So fun.
    Blackout is a super fun cartridge. Don't hold out. Buy now!!
    It makes the AR platform fun for me.

Boolit Master
    I decided that I wasn't going to be able to fix my cabinet, so I got my buddy to look at it. He'll get the keys and fix it for me. He and his family keep an eye on me and Lori......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

THanks!

I'm trying to see if they will run with hi-tek. Loaded some with and without gas check to test.

How do the rounds you showed cycle?

Boolit Master
    Mixed some alloy, prepped some cases, looking forward to a few days w/o rain to work some loads.
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    How do the rounds you showed cycle?
    As fast as I can pull the trigger.
    The heavy bullets loaded long tended to bind in the magazine at the nose. The advanced slowly upward and sometimes the bolt would make it halfway back to battery before the next round was at the top of the mag.

The 155s however feed like water

Boolit Grand Master

THanks!

I already have the top end. I'm making an 80% lower for it. I have all the parts needed just need to finish the lower.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I already have the top end. I'm making an 80% lower for it. I have all the parts needed just need to finish the lower.
    I think you're going to love it.

Page 236 of 604 FirstFirst ... 136186226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246286336 ... LastLast