Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

my bench is in my garage...

i watched it become a mess because it is a catch all for all the stuff i am too lazy to put away when i am done using it....

i have been working on the front suspension of my truck so it has acquired a lot of tools that i haven't put back in my tool box this week... i need to clean it off and get back to reloading

Quote Originally Posted by jeepguy242 View Post
    my bench is in my garage...

i watched it become a mess because it is a catch all for all the stuff i am too lazy to put away when i am done using it....

i have been working on the front suspension of my truck so it has acquired a lot of tools that i haven't put back in my tool box this week... i need to clean it off and get back to reloading
    When you are up to your elbows in alligators and trying to get a job knocked out...well, it's hard to remember to put each tool away as you are working . . .

Don't feel like the 'Lone Stranger', I think we all do this. After a full summer of irrigation work here, this week has been the first time I've seen the top of my table saw's take-off table in a long time...a very long time! I've been uncluttering the shop for 3 days now...yahooo, I'm almost there!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sghinds View Post
    Got extremely lucky with a local mold purchase. Guy listed some bullet molds for sale for a great price, so I drove out to pick them up. We spoke about shooting a bit and the calibers we load for. So he told me to grab a jug of powder from his shelf, not having a book to look for anything I might need, he gave me a mostly full older 5lb metal tin of 700X. As I walked with him to where the molds were, I noticed 2 San Diego Star sizers on the floor with some other gear. I stated those were some nice bullet sizers, and he said they sure are, I'll give them to you. I'm still in shock.

Molds were:

Lyman 4c 452664
    Lyman 4c 358665
    Ideal 2c 358429
    Lyman 1c 358156
    Lee 2c 452-200-SWC
    Lee 2c 358-148 WC
    Lee 1c 358-150 SWC
    Lee 2c TL358-158-2r
    Lee 2c TL452-230-2r
    Lee 6c 452-200-RF
    Lee 6c 452-200-SWC
    Lee 6c 358-150-1R
    I would be returning with a quantity of his favorite beverage, no good deed should go unpunished.

Boolit Master

What a swinging deal!

Boolit Master
    Love those targets grmps!

I *had* planned on doing some casting this weekend but with the hurricane bearing down on us I think I'll stay indoors and reload for my 38.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sghinds View Post
    Got extremely lucky with a local mold purchase. Guy listed some bullet molds for sale for a great price, so I drove out to pick them up. We spoke about shooting a bit and the calibers we load for. So he told me to grab a jug of powder from his shelf, not having a book to look for anything I might need, he gave me a mostly full older 5lb metal tin of 700X. As I walked with him to where the molds were, I noticed 2 San Diego Star sizers on the floor with some other gear. I stated those were some nice bullet sizers, and he said they sure are, I'll give them to you. I'm still in shock.

Molds were:

Lyman 4c 452664
    Lyman 4c 358665
    Ideal 2c 358429
    Lyman 1c 358156
    Lee 2c 452-200-SWC
    Lee 2c 358-148 WC
    Lee 1c 358-150 SWC
    Lee 2c TL358-158-2r
    Lee 2c TL452-230-2r
    Lee 6c 452-200-RF
    Lee 6c 452-200-SWC
    Lee 6c 358-150-1R
    Very Nice!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Just finished casting 1264 124gr TC boolits with a 2 cavity Lyman mould, this is a fantastic mould. After weighing 20 the average was 125 grains with a high of 126 and a low of 124, I'm happy with that, now to HiTeking.

Boolit Master

My Lyman sift top tumbler got wet in the bulkhead (serious rain earlier this week) So I spent last night sorting through 45 ACP brass that was packed with wet moldy media and scraping it out.
    Now it's tumbling again so I can free up the tumbler for more 45/70 brass in prep for some paper patch bullets.

Boolit Master
    Picked up all my casting gear outside so it wouldn't float away

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    De-capped the Last Batch of a total fo 3000 5.7x28mm FNB Once Fired Brass and Begun Reforming Them down to .276"Body diameter fo rmy 'wildcat' Projects. Latest Batch of Reformed is 400 cases as Parent for trimming to my Needed lengths. 100 cut to .960", another 100 in the process of cutting to 1.055", and a third 100 waiting to be cut to 1.125".

Along the way, Took time to make four dummy cartridges up with Resized, to .250" diameter, Hornady #2510 60 grain Soft FN Partial Jacketed Bullets; one each in 25ACP at .905" OAL, one each in ".25 Auto Long Rife" (.960" case) at 1.300" OAL, one each in ".25 Magnum Auto" (1.055" case) at 1.365" OAL, and finally one each in ".25 auto Long Stevens" (1.125" case) at 1.405" OAL; which is the Maximum length that will function in my Custom Ruger Convertible Single Eight Revolver wit 10-5/8" Barrel.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William
    Retried ETC USN Disabled Veteran.

made some 000 buck and 690 rb's

Just finished coating those 1264 124 gr TC boolits with the HiTek Bronze 500, no problems at all (temp on convection oven was 40* F off (low) ) which was accounted for before coating. Next step, sizing and loading on my XL650, fun times ahead for my gen 4 Glock 19 at my back yard range. I can't recommend HiTek coating enough, never powder coat again or mess with greasy lubes.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by copdills View Post
    made some 000 buck and 690 rb's
    What mold do you use for your 69 caliber balls? And are you casting them actually at .690, or smaller?

What do you feed them to?

I have a Dixie repro 1842 Springfield musket.

I like .675 & ticking. Its an old Lyman single cavity I got lucky to find.

Boolit Master

Been loading for dove season. Think I've got enough to kill every bird in the state, from 7/8 oz #9 20s at 1300fps to 1 1/4 oz 12 ga #7 at 1250 fps. Cleaned up some odd lots of powder and wads in the process.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    Got some 358-200 cast up before the weather came back around. One cavity in particular seems to get base flashing each time.

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

finished sizing some PC bullets between the hurricane, high water warnings and tornado alerts

...ah, to on the Texas Gulf Coast in August
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    Got some 358-200 cast up before the weather came back around. One cavity in particular seems to get base flashing each time.
    Prolly have a high spot on the sprue plate right over that cavity. Warped.
    Lock the sprue plate and turn the mould up sideways to the light and see if there's a gap there.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Prolly have a high spot on the sprue plate right over that cavity. Warped.
    Lock the sprue plate and turn the mould up sideways to the light and see if there's a gap there.
    Good thinking I'll go fish it out and take a gander.

Thanks Yall!

My third trip to the casting bench. Ever. The first two ended up with destroyed Lee slug moulds (one ounce and 7/8 ounce).
    With some extensive tutorials from one of our fantastic members here (who seems to like to remain "behind the scenes"), I can proudly say that I didn't break, anything!
    When all was said and done, I cast about 220 one ounce Lee slugs.
    There are now marks on the temp settings on the 5th burner and 20# Lee pot. I probably cast about 50 that went back into the pit before I got the settings where they needed to be.
    Looking forward to the next trip. I've been dragging my feet as the first two rounds where utter failures, but as smooth as things went this trip, I won't be waiting NEAR as long to get back on that stool and slinging some lead.
    So... "Thank you".
    Thank you to all who have PM'd me about my failures, one in particular, and to those who have responded on my public threads.

Boolit Master

Picked up some felt, made some lube, wax and Crisco, soaked some of the felt, punched a few cookies. Also got some "end wraps" from Sally. Made a few paper cartage's and got out and shot one of my cap and ball pistols that I had not shot. No fouling and hit the gong from 30 yards. All in all a good day, O and picked up 3, 9 oz cans of Trail Boss.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Page 234 of 604 FirstFirst ... 134184224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244284334 ... LastLast