WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cassidy View Post
    I fired up the 1050. Time to refill the 11 primer tubes.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    what bullet is that?

Boolit Master

That is either a slick sided MiHec or Accurate bullet. I cast those a few months the ago and don't remember which mold I used. Both cast great and I use them interchangeably. There are well over 3,000 there. Not my best job coating them but they pass the smash test.
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cassidy View Post
    That is either a slick sided MiHec or Accurate bullet. I cast those a few months the ago and don't remember which mold I used. Both cast great and I use them interchangeably. There are well over 3,000 there. Not my best job coating them but they pass the smash test.
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into getting a mold like that for my 9mms. Pretty much all my bullets for that round are powder coated.

Smelted just under 200 pounds of lead into "cupcake" ingots.
    The father of a guy who knows another guy, knows a coworker of mine who gave me all the lead boat anchors. FOR FREE!!!!
    All I had to say was, "Thank you", and, "Gee... how many fishing boats did this guy need anchors for?!?!?!?"

Haven't been in my reloading room in almost 2 months, out with a helicopter for Montana fires. But, been keeping myself busy while waiting for inspection times to roll around. Holster is a avenger style for my 45 Colt Blackhawk, forgot my belt slot former so fitting will have to wait.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Made a pile of boolits for Cowboy Action. Ugliest boolits I've made in a while thanks to Frankford Arsenal mold release. They'll shoot just fine and they dropped from the Lee mold easily for a change.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Loaded about 200 of some old stock of Black Bullets coated bullets from before I was casting. 3.5 Grains of bullseye in a 38 special case. Loaded about 100 Lee 356-120TC coated with Hi-Tek over 4.0 grains of bullseye in 38 special too.
    Cast a good bunch of 45/70 bullets and paper patched them.
    Cast some RCBS 44-250K and I'm waiting to coat them this week. Can't wait to load some up and fill the MTM ammo wallets.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    Made a pile of boolits for Cowboy Action. Ugliest boolits I've made in a while thanks to Frankford Arsenal mold release. They'll shoot just fine and they dropped from the Lee mold easily for a change.

Which lee mould? I was just working with the 356-120TC and I was amazed at how well the bullets dropped. I literally open the mould and if any bullets don't drop I just tilt the mould and they fall out. I have had really good luck with the new style lee 6 cavity moulds.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    Which lee mould? I was just working with the 356-120TC and I was amazed at how well the bullets dropped. I literally open the mould and if any bullets don't drop I just tilt the mould and they fall out. I have had really good luck with the new style lee 6 cavity moulds.
    Wish I could say the same about my Lee 358-158swcgc two cavity. I've polished it wish toothpaste and its a little better but still have to hit the joint nut firmly with my wooden shovel handle to get it to drop the boolits. Sometimes I even have to take a pic and poke them out by the base.

Boolit Master

Finally got around to smelting the cowws that I got last week. 102# in ingots. Still have around 20# of stick-ons to make into ingots. Not bad for $10. Next week, I'll start making shot.

Boolit Master

Worked on a muzzle load shooting bag, first bit of leather work in years, will post pics soon.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Buddy

Formed a couple hundred 300BO cases before work
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master

I have some big plans for my reloading room. I had a burglary last summer and the insurance and I finally got to an agreement and I got the check. Even though I had the optional replacement cost covereage they played their usual games and did not agree to the costs I submitted and then paid me the depreciated amount. When and if I replace the stolen items and submit the invoices to them they will give me the full monty. I got a feeling that they will again try to give me the shaft. I had some tin ingot stolen and they allowed that ingot have a life of 20 yrs. Since I had them 10 years they depreciated a metal ingot by 50%. Same with 280 lbs of lead ingots. Could someone explain to me how you can wear out lead ingots in 20 years?

Ditto for reloading dies, Dillon toolheads, conversion kits. This is of course after I had to prove I had owned a Ruger 357 flattop, a Canon Digital camera and an Xbox console. It was a good thing I had pictures of all these items on my computer then they depreciated everything to the hilt including 50% on the Ruger. Here is a flash for you, the Progressive Insurance company says the your Ruger Firearms will wear out and be useless in 20 years. Now for the replacing of $11,847 worth of goodies. I spent a whole day on the computer and the phone for the first wave. Dillon sent me two big boxes which are still in my hallway. One has a XL 650 and the other is full of reloading dies and other sundries. Midway just loves me. I have about $1,200 worth of goodies enroute as we speak. Then I had to on Evil bay to find all the nice little extra goodies for my presses. You know the roller bearing for the advancement of the disc that holds the cartridge cases and another goodie with a roller bearing to smooth out the cartridge feeding mechanism. Then there are ergo handles for the Dillon, the rockchucker, the Lee Classic Turret and assorted thingies to make life easier on me and my gear. I never thought back in '93 that I would spend so much of my treasure and time on casting, reloading and shooting. I never even knew about casting boolits or reloading. I thunk ya just went to the store and bought bullets. Little did I know about paper patching, dip lubing, smelting, recovering lead projectiles, BPCR or powder coating boolits. I learned all this stuff on this forum. I hate you people....you are keeping me broke.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    This is the guy that gets to start with a clean slate ........and forgot about all of those $5 updates and better than OM parts .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Grand Master

Just cleaned some stuff up and found a Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40 that I'd forgot I'd ordered. Sitting on the shelf in the box and luckily I just bought a 270 T/C that will like it.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Found a turned 38 special case when sorting out brass. Cool little piece to add to the collection. I might just load a round nose lead bullet in there to make it look complete.

Loaded my first set of 45-270SAA boolets with 17 & 18 grains of Alliant 2400, for my Ruger Blackhawk. I also loaded a set of the RCBS 255SWC with 12.5 grains of Blue Dot. Working my way up to a whitetail load with a selection of boolets. Planning on about 1100fps and accurate at 25 yards. hc18flyer

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sean357 View Post
    Haven't been in my reloading room in almost 2 months, out with a helicopter for Montana fires. But, been keeping myself busy while waiting for inspection times to roll around. Holster is a avenger style for my 45 Colt Blackhawk, forgot my belt slot former so fitting will have to wait.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Very nice!

Boolit Grand Master

Not in the loading room, but me and Biggin just unloaded the 20 buckets of wheelweights that we bought last weekend. My truck gave a sigh of relief, even if it is a Super Duty! I guess they will sit in a corner of the shop until hunting season is over and cooler weather gets here.

Boolit Master
    Bought 52 pounds of xray room sheeting for $39.00. Another good buy while it lasts.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Page 230 of 604 FirstFirst ... 130180220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240280330 ... LastLast