Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox Load Data
Page 23 of 604 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123523 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Since the RCBS Load block held an odd amount (80 pieces) of brass...

I made a wood loading block for the reloading room that holds a nice even 50 pieces.

It's warmer looking and more pleasant than the cold green plastic load trays.

Then, with the new loading block, I assembled a few 240 grain 44 Special hand loads.

- Bullwolf

Boolit Master

Well, last night I set everything up to do a run of 5.56 jacketed (sorry!). Was anticipating a snow day
    The darn storm stayed too far East!!!

Love Life
    Sunday I turned 75 lbs of hodge podge alloy into 75 lbs of homogenous alloy ingots. It'll feed the 45's and 38's.

Boolit Master
    Beagled my RCBS 140gn .264 `Silhouette` mould, to cast .268 bullets for my T38 Arisaka

ukrifleman.

Boolit Buddy
    Cast a bunch of .357 today.

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded 500 Mak's that I PC'd last week, also a couple hundred PC'd 145 grain Lee 40 S&W.

Boolit Buddy
    Yesterday I sifted about 60 pounds of range scrap. Added to the little bit I had on hand gives me about 80 pounds, enough to do a pour but it will have to wait. Got the plumber over this morning replacing our water heater. Oh well, at least I'll have another good gas burner when I finish scrapping out the old one. Maybe I'll get to make ingots tomorrow.

Was humiliated by my Lyman 4500's refusal to let go of a .378 sizing die. After a couple of hours I took it off the bench and hauled it to a friend's where we repeated the ineffective attempts before finally using a 40 ton press to break the die body loose. Also discovered I'd left about 100 pieces of 5.56 brass in the vibratory polisher for at least 24 hours, maybe more. They are really, really shiny now.
    rr2241tx
    Timin' has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

De-primed and sorted a batch of 45lc I just received, ready to go into the wet tumbler this afternoon for loading this weekend with my new dies due here in Friday

Cast 800 boolits for the 38/357. Sized and lubed them along with 500 for the 40S&W. Got things ready to load some 38 special.

Boolit Grand Master

Didn't even darken the doorway but I have some much-needed single-stage therapy scheduled for this weekend. Will probably be too soggy to shoot or smelt so will likely follow that with some single malt therapy.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy

Prepped some '06 brass for more cast load tests.

Today in my gun room I find my self back on the computer looking at Cast Boolets, again. I love this sight. I enjoy reading all the really cool threads as much as my kids enjoy playing their video games. I feel like I am getting an education for my time spent on the net. I may spend 4 nights a week on the computer but I spend at least 1 day off and one night a week casting boolets. Winter will soon come to an end and I have to have enough bullets to last me and all my kids for the whole summer. That what I do is load all winter and shoot all summer.

Boolit Master
    Sorted the rest of my 556 military brass about 200 cases. Separated out the H 1 type that was giving me trouble.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Grand Master
    I cleaned some yesterday. Holy cow was it a mess. Need to do more of that today.

Forgot how messy neck turning is. All that bass on the floor finally got vacuumed up.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Buddy
    Threw some 357 brass in the tumbler.
    Reloading some 45ACP later.

50 308 DT PC with GC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 308pcgc.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master
    Continued cleaning today. I have grown tired of tripping over old batches of bullets, some sized and lubed, from past experiences. These little, and not so little, batches are sometimes a decade or more old. Most are from a far harder alloy than I currently use. I decided it was time to go back to the garage for resmelting with the range scrap. This will all be melted and kept separate as it will be harder than my range scrap.

Ever wonder how much lead is just hanging around? I even amazed myself. I expected 50 to 75 pounds.

You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Finished the last of the 45lc brass and received the 45lc dies, now to load some up tonight and this weekend. May have my 454 Casull dies in as well...

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Changed lube in the RCBS sizer and replaced it with another type . Ran seventy bullets through just to make sure I got any old lube cleared .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Page 23 of 604 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123523 ... LastLast