RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Smelted down the last of my "dirty" lead into ingots. So, now I am set up for a while on that. I am happy to not have any more WW or pure lead that needs the "cleaning". Good to go until next year with what I have now, anyway.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Banned
    Made a bunch of shoot and see targets

Boolit Buddy

Cleaned 4 wheel guns that needed cleaning , tumbled couple hundred 223 cases and sized and decapped them. Cleaned up loading and radio rooms. Took care of long over due chores in and around the loading shop inside and out . Bought a 10 gun Gun cabinet at a garage sale for 25 bux and got it cleaned up and put in the shop , now I dont have to stumble and move all the rifles that I had sitting around, every time I needed to do something in the loading room I had to move them from one corner to the other and this I have been doing for 2 years, Glad they have a home now. Kinda hate to do anything in the shop now since everything is nice and neat, but that wont last lond LOL
    I also bought over 500 rnds of 12 gauge at the flea market on Saturday for 27.50 didn't figure that was a bad price
    Last edited by kmrra; 08-06-2017 at 06:48 PM.
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    Inline Fabrication upgrade on my Lee Classic, auto eject and ergo handle.

This cost almost as much as my reload setup.
    Which upgrade did you get ,
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master
    I looked and found that I had overloaded a shelf in my components cabinet. Maybe tomorrow I'll unload that shelf and figure out how to fix it.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    It is finished. The battle is over. All the .32cal PBGC are on 80gr .311 bullets. Now to finsh sizing and lubeing the left over bullets for my .32acp astra. I'm also drooling over an older Beretta 81.

Quote Originally Posted by kmrra View Post
    Which upgrade did you get ,
    https://inlinefabrication.com/produc...verse-rotation

And the Ergo handle. With my 3 die set, I can crank out 5 or 6 .38 specials in a minuet.

Haha, I'll admit, it's not an easy pace to maintain but if you concentrate, you can burn.

I have my Lee Classic Turret mounted on a Harbor Freight grinder stand.

https://www.harborfreight.com/univer...tand-3184.html

A butt load of weight under.

Just ordered one of their handles for the LNL AP. I have a feeling it's going to be a huge improvement.

Boolit Master
    Stripped and cleaned a mkI and SRH. Found a new mouse nest in my small rifle primer storage drawer, chewed boxes and poo'd over everything. His days are numbered!
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Buddy
    Good evening,
    Well nothing's as exciting as setting up a "trap line" for catching those critters.
    I reloaded 60 rounds of 308 that were fired as "plate clanggers" at ~150 yards. Put away 25 pounds of boolits I tumble lubed on Friday. Tumbled the last 10 pounds from Thursdays casting session. Ran a third set of wet patches through the rifles that went on this weekends outing to practice position shooting.
    Everyone have an awesome week

Deprimed a bunch of junk shotshells to salvage the primers. Annealed several hundred more rifle cases including some more of my Norma 9.3x74R cases to fire-form in my .40-90 3" Ballard. Then deprimed them all so that I can start putting together the fire-forming loads tomorrow. Another productive day ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Buddy

Loaded up some 223 or my go to varmint gun, I finally run out of the ones that were loaded up in 1983, that was a 50 round box , I loaded up 100 using all new cases from Hornady, by my calculations this should last me for the next 60 years LOL

Boolit Master

Converted some 6.8spc to 8mm nambu.

Boolit Master
    Cast a pot full of Lee TL 9mm using my 6cavity. Boy did that empty that pot fast compared to the DC 80gr.32.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by warf73 View Post
    Instead of reloading today used the reloading bench as a gun cleaning table. [COLOR="#000000"]Girlfriend and I stripped down her[/COLOR] P238 and gave it a 3500 round cleaning and replacing of springs. Granted the gun has been cleaned several times over the past 2 years but never stripped complete down and cleaned spotless. Sig say replace the recoil spring and fire pin spring every 2k rounds or so well they aren't far off. The factory springs where both 2 full coils shorter than the new ones. The last two outing's she had a few issue with brass not clearing so I couldn't put it off any longer.

Looks like a wet weekend in store for us so if all goes well I'll powder coat a few thousand boolits up for her lead eater. We did load up the primer tubes for the 650xl so when I do load up rounds I can do so for 1k rounds
    Thought this was going to get interesting!

Boolit Grand Master

Loaded up some 41 magnum target loads....41 special loads but in 41 magnum cases.
    Using my new boolit mould NOE 413-215-WC (PB) (413432). This bad boy is a .41 cal version of the Lyman 358432 Wadcutter which has proven to be the most accurate boolit in my 38 specials and 357 magnum guns. When I got wind or this design to be made in 41 magnum I jumped on it with both feet. Used three different powders to try and now just have to find some time to slip off to the local indoor range....August heat and rains in Louisiana dictate an air conditioned range is necessary !
    But first I need to download and print some free targets for the trip .
    The model 58 in my avatar is the intended subject .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Bub
    Cleaned the bench, it's a work in progress. I thought the fir planks would make a nice top but they are far from flat.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by KMD View Post
    Cleaned the bench, it's a work in progress. I thought the fir planks would make a nice top but they are far from flat.
    Well I am not the only one that likes peanut butter and recycle the jar.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master

I love to recycle cans and jars!

Banned
    KMD The planks make a good substrate, if they weren't kiln dried you will need to screw them down well to the cross bracing to keep them from twisting. Now you put some plwood/metal/masonite on top and you have a solid/flat bench.

Page 228 of 604 FirstFirst ... 128178218219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238278328 ... LastLast