Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

I have one of those RCBS JR3's that a friend gave me. Use it quite a bit for sizing.
    God Bless, Whisler

Boolit Grand Master

IUblike me it just needs some use/limbering up.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by whisler View Post
    I have one of those RCBS JR3's that a friend gave me. Use it quite a bit for sizing.
    I've used one since 1979 and still going strong. The only issue I had with it was the primer holder broke a couple years ago but a couple emails to RCBS and new one FREE OF CHARGE arrived in the mail less than a week later. Now that's customer service!

Boolit Master
    Deprimed and ss pin washed a bunch of 45 and 9mm brass
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Disassembled 20 450 nitro express loads that were a little too hot for plain bases bullets.
    Last edited by 15meter; 07-31-2017 at 10:29 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Processed 100lbs of range scrap into just under 80lbs worth of ingots. Have some brass in the wet tumbler and cleaned the filter from the dehumidifier. Later on might organize alittle.

Boolit Master
    Cast 200 lead round balls for an experiment.

I loaded some very light 12 gauge black powder loads with card and fibre wads and then filled with confetti. A friend is hosting a big family wedding on his 10 acre property this coming weekend and he was asked by the mother of the bride if he could arrange to fire some blank confetti loads into the air during the festivities. This was a first for me and I wasn't sure about what to use for a powder charge, so I gave him a few of each loaded with 15, 20, and 25 grains of 3F so that he can test a few first ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    I loaded some very light 12 gauge black powder loads with card and fibre wads and then filled with confetti. A friend is hosting a big family wedding on his 10 acre property this coming weekend and he was asked by the mother of the bride if he could arrange to fire some blank confetti loads into the air during the festivities. This was a first for me and I wasn't sure about what to use for a powder charge, so I gave him a few of each loaded with 15, 20, and 25 grains of 3F so that he can test a few first ...
    If that does not generate enough confetti, maybe just load blank shells and then stuff the barrel full of confetti from the muzzle?

So, in other words, they're going to have a "shotgun wedding".

Yee hawh!

I'd love to see a video of that!

Just a confetti shell update (just in case any of you ever decide to try to do the same thing ...)

Apparently 15 to 25 grains of 3F was just a BIT overly enthusiastic! He reported back to me this morning and he said that the 15 grain load was fairly LOUD and scared the "H E double hockey sticks" out of his neighbour's horses and his own dogs. It propelled the card and fibre wads about 40 feet up into the air and scattered the confetti widely. 20 grains was even worse and the confetti never came down (he thought it might have been shredded to dust in the process of being ejected from the barrel at too high a speed). He skipped on testing the 25 grain loads as he knew they'd be worse again. So now its back to the drawing board. I'll load a few more test loads for him at 8 grains of 3F and we'll see what happens ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Grand Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Finally got around to sand blasting one of my LAM1s yesterday. Got around to priming and putting a first coat of paint on it today. Also heat cycled a new NOE mold, stoned the sprue plate and lubed it up. I can actually get things done when I'm home

Will be interesting to see if RCBS charges me for parts this time around. The only salvageable part is the handle yoke. Everything else is either really worn or heavily rusted. I normally try to keep a warranty parts order to a minimal amount. Can't do it this time unless I reuse rusted parts.

Boolit Bub
    Loaded 500 rounds of .380 for the wife to shoot this coming weekend. Began organizing my ingots into 30cal ammo cans, to get rid of all the plastic crates I'm currently using. I found that you can comfortably put 50lbs of ingots in each can without it being too much of a hassle to move around.

My brothers and I chipped in & bought a JR3 press back in '73. Loved it. When oldest bro moved out it went with him so I used some cow money to get a Rockchucker. When a friend passed I got his so I sold my old one to a tyro reloader that I was mentoring.
    In the loading room I'm doing stock work on a bubba SMLE and trying to sand that last little bit of impressed checkering from my 1965 700 ADL stock.
    Best, Thomas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sorting brass by head stamp, checking for condition. Through 3 out of 4 coffee cans.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Coffee cans? How about 5 gal homer buckets?

Lather rinse repeat.

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded 325 rds of 223, powered by IMR 4895. J word bullets.
    Working on getting Lee Cast an PC,d to run in the AR.

It's 'hot...damn hot' . . . the ole lady next door is frying pork chops and eggs on the hood of her car!

Soooo...I went back in the house and 'I din do nuffin!'
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Instead of reloading today used the reloading bench as a gun cleaning table. Girlfriend and I stripped down her P238 and gave it a 3500 round cleaning and replacing of springs. Granted the gun has been cleaned several times over the past 2 years but never stripped complete down and cleaned spotless. Sig say replace the recoil spring and fire pin spring every 2k rounds or so well they aren't far off. The factory springs where both 2 full coils shorter than the new ones. The last two outing's she had a few issue with brass not clearing so I couldn't put it off any longer.

Looks like a wet weekend in store for us so if all goes well I'll powder coat a few thousand boolits up for her lead eater. We did load up the primer tubes for the 650xl so when I do load up rounds I can do so for 1k rounds
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Boolit Buddy

Went to range this morning and picked up about 400 rounds of assorted brass , and 32 # of range lead, Got that smelted and now to start cleaning brass, Range lead was 99% 700 g or in that neighborhood ? 45-90 bullets that were shot during BP silhouette and they mostly use 30 to 1, or that was what I was told anyway.
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Page 226 of 604 FirstFirst ... 126176216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236276326 ... LastLast