MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Wideners

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Bub
    I sized and lubed a huge batch of bullets.And loaded a buch of 40-82 ammo.Good day off!

Boolit Master

Found my .270 brass and tossed it on the floor. Need to get in there and knock out some more ammo.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Grand Master

Oh Well!
    I spilled my large tumbler full of bright shiny 223 cases and walnut on the cluttered dirty floor. Now I'm moving all the cans and boxes that it flowed around so I can clean up the mess.
    My knees and back are reminding me not to do that again.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Nobody teaches us better than ole Murphy about lubing the brass...huh? Been there, 'done that one'! . . .
    Funny thing is, I had only stuck one case in the last 10 years, and that was when I had just started reloading. A piece of 223 and Hornady One Shot.

Now I've stuck two pieces of brass, both 308, in the last month. Totally my fault, I just got complacent.

Gotta go pick up a bolt and washer from Lowe's this afternoon to finish extracting this one. Hopefully, it'll be the last time. At least for a while.

Boolit Master

Stuck brass? Imperial Wax. Done.

Boolit Master
    Cast & kept 182 of the 356-104 -RN, 162 of the 356-120-TC, 166 of the (TL)358-148-WC, 124 of the 309-150-RF, 156 of the (TL)356-124-2R, and 134 of the (TL)358-158-SWC + about 8 of a new( used) (TL)452-230-RN for cast diameter testing.

Not too bad getting approx. 750 -800 "keepers" out of the morning.
    Last edited by JBinMN; 07-24-2017 at 09:55 PM.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Dismantled some .22 LR ammo.
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Took one batch of clean, dry brass out of the dehydrator and put another batch into the ss pin tumbler. Sorted out more odds and ends to sell at our local gun show next Sunday. (I'm sharing a table with a friend ...)
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Quote Originally Posted by EMC45 View Post
    Stuck brass? Imperial Wax. Done.
    Lanolin/Alcohol has been working great for me. I just didn't get enough of it on there because I was using a new method of application I was trying. Imperial is probably the best out there, I just like ease of using this stuff better due to the volume I resize.

Boolit Master

Sized some 311284's in my lubrasizer at .310. Gonna load 'em up tomorrow for testing in a 1903a3.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Master

Cast a bunch of slugs with a new to me Lyman mould.
    Showed my cousin how to cast some 9MM 120TC lee bullets. Coated with hi-tek and showed him how to load 9mm and 12 gauge 00 buck.
    Good day for sure

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    Cast a bunch of slugs with a new to me Lyman mould.
    Showed my cousin how to cast some 9MM 120TC lee bullets. Coated with hi-tek and showed him how to load 9mm and 12 gauge 00 buck.
    Good day for sure
    Good to read/hear!

Always good, IMO, to hear about someone learning about our Hobby( or Addiction). Kudus to you for taking the time to share what ya know to your cousin.

Best wished to you & your cousin in your future casting adventures!

2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Good to read/hear!

Always good, IMO, to hear about someone learning about our Hobby( or Addiction). Kudus to you for taking the time to share what ya know to your cousin.

Best wished to you & your cousin in your future casting adventures!

Thank you!
    I try to pass on this great hobby any way I can to whomever I can. It was passed on to me by friends and generous people. The best thing I can do to repay them is to pass it on to others.

Boolit Buddy

Cast some 450229 hollow base beauties. All the advice and experience on the forums saved me a ton of frustration. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450229.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	200464
    -Mike

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Oh Well!
    I spilled my large tumbler full of bright shiny 223 cases and walnut on the cluttered dirty floor. Now I'm moving all the cans and boxes that it flowed around so I can clean up the mess.
    My knees and back are reminding me not to do that again.
    I did that yesterday. Knocked a bin of 45 tumble lubed slugs on the floor. Had to move a shelf to get to them and get on my hands and knees to gather them up. When I went to stand up, I didn't think my knees were going to make it, so I had to find something to grab. Thought I might be there when my wife came home... sad, but true...
    -Mike

Boolit Master

Loaded 50 rounds of 358-429 over 4gr. Bullseye in .38 Special. Loaded 50 rounds of 230 Lee TC on top of 4.5gr. Bullseye in the .45 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by tucumcari_kid View Post
    I did that yesterday. Knocked a bin of 45 tumble lubed slugs on the floor. Had to move a shelf to get to them and get on my hands and knees to gather them up. When I went to stand up, I didn't think my knees were going to make it, so I had to find something to grab. Thought I might be there when my wife came home... sad, but true...
    I keep a scrap cut of carpet in the garage for when I feel like going 'primer hunting'...whatta sport! And yep...somedays have to climb up the side of something to straighten out those knees!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    I keep a scrap cut of carpet in the garage for when I feel like going 'primer hunting'...whatta sport!
    The little gal behind the counter at the farm and home store picked up a stack of primers I had on the counter and wasn't aware/careful of the fact the tray slides out. Of course it was upside down, so her and I played "primer pick up" for several minutes. Found 99 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
    The little gal behind the counter at the farm and home store picked up a stack of primers I had on the counter and wasn't aware/careful of the fact the tray slides out. Of course it was upside down, so her and I played "primer pick up" for several minutes. Found 99 of them.
    It amazes me how far those lil buggers can roll and then turn a corner and hide behind something on the floor.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

The larger the primer the greater the probability dear wife will set it off with a vacuum if you don't find it.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Page 224 of 601 FirstFirst ... 124174214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234274324 ... LastLast