WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

Killed a whole lot of ants. The curtain over the window is long and bunched up at the bottom. Boy we're there a lot of ants in there. I've been seeing them here and there for a few weeks but couldn't find where they were coming from. Wish I had time to reload but I put together a bunk bed for my sons instead.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RED333 View Post
    been working on some bee loads using ground corn my chickens kick out of the feeded. Works great on top of some green dot in a 44 mag case. Kills at 6 feet and wont knock the paint off wood. Even swagged up a few 44 bullets.
    Can you explain more about this 'BEE' load?

Is this for shooting bee's? or?

Boolit Master
    Preped 20 308 ppu cases I was given at the range by a non reloader .did tell him to save his brass as he might want to recycle them ,so I don't feel guilty .prepped 100+ 357 mag cases .I'm saving the planet being so green .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post

There is a carpenter bee load thread around here somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perma-Banned
    Dug out 100s of rounds of ammo and die sets for which I have no guns.

Boolit Master
    Today I felt good enough to break in my new mold. The stars were not in alignment at all. I cleaned the mold, lubed it, made sure the cavities were cleaned with alcohol, did everything I knew to do and still got wrinkled boolits. Repeated the process, smoked the mold and still no go. I finally got disgusted and opened the mold and blasted it with RemOil. Three casts later and the boolits all came out like they were supposed to. I made a small pile and had to retire. Tomorrow back for chemotherapy.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Today I felt good enough to break in my new mold. The stars were not in alignment at all. I cleaned the mold, lubed it, made sure the cavities were cleaned with alcohol, did everything I knew to do and still got wrinkled boolits. Repeated the process, smoked the mold and still no go. I finally got disgusted and opened the mold and blasted it with RemOil. Three casts later and the boolits all came out like they were supposed to. I made a small pile and had to retire. Tomorrow back for chemotherapy.
    Tom good to see you getting it done but sounds to me like your mold was to cold. I use a torch to heat mine up when using a hot plate to cast and when using the gas stove I use the hot plate to heat my molds.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post

Here ya go, fun and good practices.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...enter-Bee-Load
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

That looks like fun!

Boolit Buddy
    Re-sized, trimmed and primed 78 30-30

Decapped and wet tumbled every piece of 45 brass I have.

Amazing how much quicker and smoother things go with ear buds in and good tunes playing.

Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    Preped 20 308 ppu cases I was given at the range by a non reloader .did tell him to save his brass as he might want to recycle them ,so I don't feel guilty .prepped 100+ 357 mag cases .I'm saving the planet being so green .
    PPU 308 brass is good. You'll get a quite a few loadings out of it.

Boolit Buddy
    Finished up my batch of 500 in 357 SIG.

Boolit Master
    Was going to do lots of stuff but it's in high 80 degrees here( 28c ) and very sticky here on the coast ,might try to later this evening if it cools a bit ,forecast is 70/21c tonight we're not used to this here as we're twinned with Atlantis.

Installed a Dayton Traister trigger on my 93 Mauser- it 's going to require some smithing. If you pull the trigger with the safety on, the firing pin will drop when you flip the safety to fire(oops!)

Boolit Buddy

Baked 4 pans of bullets (+/- 1000 .355) while mowing the lawn, neighbors probable think I am weird or I can only handle cutting a few swaths of lawn at a time!
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Mold
    Sorted all the brass I got from my last couple range trips into separate Ziplocs to prepare for cleaning next time I get to my grandpa's to do some more loading. Got together all the stuff I got at Gander from their closing sales and put them into my reloading bag (Lyman Crusher that was on display and a set of Hornady Custom 40/10mm dies). By the way, if anyone is looking for another press to add to their collection, head to your local Gander and ask them to sell you one of the presses on display, then send an email to the company asking for any missing parts!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Loudy13 View Post
    Baked 4 pans of bullets (+/- 1000 .355) while mowing the lawn, neighbors probable think I am weird or I can only handle cutting a few swaths of lawn at a time!
    Mine might too. I often setup a few processes that need periodic tending, and mowing is a good down time to do those. so I also mow and stop now and then.

Boolit Master
    Got my mold up to temp and made a pile of pretty boolits. The oil issue is gone. It took about four or five casts before it heated up. I also melted a bunch of 400 gr. .480 boolits that I have no primary use for. I suspect they will make great .357/ 9mm boolits. That six cavity mold sure uses the lead.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Got my mold up to temp and made a pile of pretty boolits. The oil issue is gone. It took about four or five casts before it heated up. I also melted a bunch of 400 gr. .480 boolits that I have no primary use for. I suspect they will make great .357/ 9mm boolits. That six cavity mold sure uses the lead.
    How is the treatments going for your cancer Tom? Praying this is it and you get to live past 90.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Page 215 of 604 FirstFirst ... 115165205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225265315 ... LastLast