MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Loaded 30-200 of each for the NCBS this weekend over the last couple of weeks .
    Attachment 196726
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    My boolit mold came in today from Midway, but as I'm still hooked up to the chemo pump I guess I'll maybe do something this weekend after the hospital removes it. Cancer sucks..
    Sorry to hear about that. I've had some friends / relatives that had it in one form or another and didn't survive. Good luck with your battle...

I've wondered if perhaps cancer is just this thing that nature has come up with to keep the population in check. If a person somehow manages to avoid all the other things in life that will kill him (which as a guy is quite the list), cancer will always be there if he manages to live long enough. Not exactly something I look forward to, but I recognize that if I live long enough, it will be a definite possibility. The only reason that I can think of that I've gotten to the point where eventually cancer might be a concern is because Darwin was asleep on the job when I was younger and I was doing all the stupid things that *should* have killed me at the time.

In my younger days, I always said that I wanted to go out at 98, shot by the jealous husband of a 25 year old wife. My wife tells me that *he* is not the one that is going to be shooting me...
    Last edited by NavyVet1959; 06-02-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Loaded several test loads for a 450 nitro express, cast NOE 480 gr. bullets and first try at plinker loads for a .375 x 2 1/2 nitro express with Lyman 37583 @ 145 grains. Got the 37583 in a batch of dead guy molds I bought several years ago. I don't think this mold had ever been used. Lyman black and white cardboard box, 1960's vintage? Found a gallery load in Sharpe's for a 145 grain cast w/ 10 grains unique for a 38/55. the .375 x 2 1/2 appears to be a stretched 38/55. Hoping for a 50 yard bell ringer load.

Boolit Master

15meter
    What guns?, what actions? Pictures?
    Thank you
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    15meter
    What guns?, what actions? Pictures?
    Thank you
    Mike
    The 450 is for a English double, the .375 is a Lee Speed bolt, I don't have pictures, it comes and goes whether I can post photos. Currently when I try to post a photo it just sits there and does nothing when I click on the "upload picture". Apparently I have not learned how to hold my mouth just right when doing it.

These are loads for a friend's guns. Factory ammo is silly expensive. $5.00 to $15.00+ is pretty pricey to execute pieces of paper or dinging dingers. (I LIKE dingers). If I can ever post photos again I'll post a couple of dinger pictures.

If the .375 load works I should be able to load it for ~ 4 cents a round. Cheaper than .22.

Boolit Master
    I have been getting ready to load up some cast boolits to try out in a 30-30 . After I put the gas check on with a lee sizing die I dipped them in lube and cookie cut the extra lube off . I was ready to go , then I realized the brass I was planning on using was loaded . So I plundered up 50 matching brass and just finished getting them ready .

Boolit Master
    Loaded 20 308 cases with Lee 150 gr fngc 309 boolits over 18 he 2400 as they shot well last week.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    Loaded 30-200 of each for the NCBS this weekend over the last couple of weeks .
    Attachment 196726
    Hmmm where did I see those missiles before.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Man
    I used up all my 5-pound ingots yesterday running the Bullet Master, so today was melt scrap plumber's lead into 5-pound ingots with the propane burner. I can get scrap lead near me from a scrap year. I melt it down, flux it with saw dust and pour into 5-pound ingots. When I add it to the Bullet Master, I flux it again after adding 5 pounds of foundry lead to bring the hardness up.

I stopped at 135 pounds - I was sweating like crazy and I didn't want a drop of sweat to land on some molten lead. Gonna have to do this during cooler weather.

Finally got my bench cleaned up enough to load up some test loads for my Grandad's old Model 14. 5 each of 26.5, 27.0, 27.5, 28.0, and 28.5 grains of AA2015BR. I've been handloading for around 30 years, but I'm a little nervous about these. As far as I know, they will be the first rounds fired from that gun in over 40 years. My cousin shot it a few times after he inherited the rifle from my Grandad in '73 and never shot it again as ammo was so hard to find.
    "Ignorance is curable, but Stupid is forever!"
    -Granddad

Boolit Master

Cast up a 150+ Lee TL356-95-RF for my 380.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

It was my cousins boys 14th birthday took him shooting and he reloaded them himself, his first time reloading.

Boolit Grand Master

Finished breaking in a new mould.
    NOE 413 - 215 - WC (413432) I wish I could take a picture of this one and post it , a 215 grain Wadcutter for the 41 magnum. The design is based on the Lyman 358432 with everything enlarged to .41 cal. It's a sweet design for the neglected and maligned 41 magnum.
    I'm going to load up some target loads for my model 58 S&W and we going to the range !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Only loaded up 150 .223 for blasting but did finish the drywall and mudding around where I just put in a window A/C unit in the man cave/reloading room. Had to cut a hole in the wall and frame it out. But it will be a pleasure reloading in the North Carolina summer now.

Cast boolits for .38 Special with my oldest and newest Lee moulds. 150and 115gr SWCs.
    And sent a survivor prayer for Tom W. yes it does suck.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    Loaded 100 357 cases with rcbs 158 gr GC boolits /164 gr with my lead over 13.5 gr 2400 .then sized 100 cases that I emptied on Sunday at the range .

Boolit Master
    I finally felt good enough to get out there with my new mold and put handles on it, then decided it was time to head back to the house. Maybe sometime later this week I'll be up to cleaning, lubing and actually using it.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    I finally felt good enough to get out there with my new mold and put handles on it, then decided it was time to head back to the house. Maybe sometime later this week I'll be up to cleaning, lubing and actually using it.
    Good to hear Tom. Didn't do anything today, powder coated yesterday and maybe tomorrow they will get sized.
    Lead bullets Matter

Boolit Master

Today was monthly melt day, I made 132 one pound ingots from range scrap.
    These will be made into shot

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    Hmmm where did I see those missiles before.
    Well ya know variety is the spice !
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Page 213 of 603 FirstFirst ... 113163203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223263313 ... LastLast