Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    This is the only Gonra I ever heard of & it was long long ago when I was reading comix. maybe 45-50 years ago...
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/gonraofthesword.htm

I find it to be just another interesting character here also.

-----------------------------
    Anyway... Reloading stuff I did....

This ought to be interesting.. bookmarking this thread.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    Sounds more like your bullet does not fit your cylinder. Measure your bullets after sizing and then measure your cylinder, your bullet should be .001 to .002 bigger than your largest chamber in the cylinder.
    Probably true, but....
    I'm hoping that a softer alloy, with a faster powder, will allow the boolit to obdurate earlier in the barrel.

I was using AA #7. I'm going to try some Universal, along with the softer boolit. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    This ought to be interesting..
    I agree. haha

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
    Probably true, but....
    I'm hoping that a softer alloy, with a faster powder, will allow the boolit to obdurate earlier in the barrel.

I was using AA #7. I'm going to try some Universal, along with the softer boolit. We'll see what happens.
    Or the bbl is .411 and the throats are .409 ...... Softer will help but much softer than 50/50 and your won't be able to "use" all of the 41s range . Sort of a 41 special +P if you will . Which is fine if that's the plan .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GONRA View Post
    GONRA started machining experimental punch stripper parts for my Corbin CSP-2 Mega-Mite ™
    press to aid in making FMJ boolits with jackets slightly different from those originally used.
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    I've noticed that you always talk about yourself in the 3rd person. From what I've read, that's probably a sign of either being a narcissist or someone with Dissociative Identity Disorder. Which is it in your case?

Interesting, a mix of third person and first person (my Corbin) in the same sentence.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    Interesting, a mix of third person and first person (my Corbin) in the same sentence.
    That might leave one to believe it was D-I-D then and one personality was taking over from the other.

I recently bought some 7.62 x 51 brass, once fired. I've been sizing / trimming / etc for the last couple of weeks. When I get done, I'm going to have LOTS of brass to load for that caliber. It's all WCC 13 too, no mixed head stamps.

I'm about half way there, but I also did some commercial .308 for my bolt guns along the way.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
    Probably true, but....

Sounds like a plan but you might want to read this little gem first.

http://www.lasc.us/Fryxell_Book_Contents.htm

It's in pdf or on line but I downloaded the pdf version.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    This ought to be interesting.. bookmarking this thread.
    When I see the name GONRA, the image of bad Japanese horror movies instantly spring to mind, think Godzilla VS GONRA, and the associated horrendous dialog.

Back to the thread original context: cast up 100+ .460 x 480 grain slugs. Pot drops pretty fast using a 4 cavity mold. Almost 2000 grains every cast you can almost hear the giant sucking sound as the pot goes down.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    That might leave one to believe it was D-I-D then and one personality was taking over from the other.
    Careful, guys. Not nearly enough information for diagnosis. That's MY business!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Careful, guys. Not nearly enough information for diagnosis. That's MY business!
    if all your own boolits are too big...do you shrink them?

Mine is a reloading room / gun room so I was doing a bit of gunsmithing yesterday. I have a 30 year old (or more?) Rossi 92 SRC in .38 / .357 Mag that only has about 200 rounds through it so far. The action jammed open and won't close. It comes up hard against something inside the action and refuses to budge. Now it on the bench half apart (buttstock off, lower tang and hammer assembly removed, but it still won't close yet, so I will need to continue the disassembly until it will finally move forward. Sounds like the bolt retaining pin might have shifted out of place so will need to remove the lever and locking block and try to push it back over into the bolt body. Hopefully this will resolve itself with my tinkering and I won't have to take it to my local gunsmith in pieces in a box ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Grand Master

Was supposed to pull everything from the safes and give them their yearly cleaning. Was only able to get four ARs done because of the newborn. I realized I don't have a lot of them cataloged. So I'm going through and making a new list and taking pictures of them. I don't know how many I have and I really don't want to know the count. It may be time to sell some off because I don't shoot most of them. But I've only ever sold off two so I'm really hesitant to do so.

Boolit Master

Got a Lee sizer in the mail and decided the size as shown isn't going to be large enough and decided to lap the die. Only problem is the calipers show 461 on both ends (this is a 457 die). So, I'm going to wait until I get some bullets cast and then lap the die to make it right on the mark.

Boolit Mold

I had a productive day, for me. I deprimed and resized about 750 .45 ACP and around 350 9mm cases. I've got around 4000 more 9mm cases to work on while I'm waiting for my .223 case trimmer to arrive.

Rick

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Knocked out 50 Schofields ......... Then found that half wouldn't chamber freely ........
    That'll teach me to trust the random measure as cast size and try to cheat .....
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Buddy

Made test rounds for subsonic 300BO, 150gr HP with trail boss and 230gr with IMR 4227. Trying them in my handi rifle tomorrow
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Not a dang thing......

Not sure I can even find my bench anymore.....too many irons, too many fires.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    Not a dang thing......

Not sure I can even find my bench anymore.....too many irons, too many fires.
    Lots of that going around. Wanting to make a video on converting GP11 (7.5x55 Swiss) to boxer primer but bench is a mess.

Boolit Master
    Sized, trimmed cleaned more 6.5 brass for the ljungman. Tomorrow loading more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 211 of 604 FirstFirst ... 111161201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221261311 ... LastLast