WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Quote Originally Posted by avogunner View Post
    Very productive for me.....
    Cast a couple of hundred H&G#20 and loaded a few for my 1903.
    Attachment 194451
    that is a good looking round

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Loaded a box of 9 mm with Bullseye. First time I've been able to load anything​ since my surgery, and I have to get more surgery Wednesday.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Loaded a box of 9 mm with Bullseye. First time I've been able to load anything​ since my surgery, and I have to get more surgery Wednesday.
    Good to see you busy Tom. What do they want this time?
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master

Loaded 250 9mm today and about 800-900 4o SW yesterday.

Received an NOE 454-230-rn from a member on this site today. I cleaned it and cast just under 300 boolits with it. I ran them through the Lee sizer and tumble lubed them. They should be good to load tomorrow.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    Good to see you busy Tom. What do they want this time?
    They want to put a port into my chest so they can start chemo. I told them the port needed to be on the left side so it would not interfere with my rifle shooting, should I resume it.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    They want to put a port into my chest so they can start chemo. I told them the port needed to be on the left side so it would not interfere with my rifle shooting, should I resume it.
    Smart move Tom.Hope you make that range time soon too.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Man
    Cast and sized a couple hundred 230gr RN 45acp pills. Also loaded a ladder test for the 357 mag rifle using H110 and 135gr cast rounds.

Banned
    working on a bunch of 22-250 and 22-250 AI loads for an upcoming PD and rock chuck trip, jacketed bullets not cast.

Boolit Master

Daydream

Adjusted my FL sizing die to the right length to form some 7x57 Mauser to shoot in my new (to me) South American Remington Rolling Block. It has a typical long headspace chamber of the old military 7mm's before the cartridge was standardized so I had to ensure that the shoulders on the brass I formed came out at the correct length for my rifle. Tomorrow I'll load up a bunch of 175 round nose bullets to fire form in it on this Friday's trip up to the range ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    Adjusted my FL sizing die to the right length to form some 7x57 Mauser to shoot in my new (to me) South American Remington Rolling Block. It has a typical long headspace chamber of the old military 7mm's before the cartridge was standardized so I had to ensure that the shoulders on the brass I formed came out at the correct length for my rifle. Tomorrow I'll load up a bunch of 175 round nose bullets to fire form in it on this Friday's trip up to the range ...
    Did you used 7x57 brass or reform something else to accommodate the longer headspace?

I already had a bunch of Federal and Winchester 7x57 brass, but I use a tapered expanding mandrel to expand the case mouths from 7mm up to 30 calibre first. Then I adjusted the 7x57 FL sizer down a quarter turn at a time until I could just close the block and the hammer would go all of the way down. Then I locked my sizer die at that length (this is the only 7x57 I have at the moment). I'll be reloading light, low pressure loads in this rifle anyway (the previous owner recommended 34.0 grains of IMR4064) but I will also seat the 175 grain round nose bullets out to "kiss" the rifling to ensure that the cases fire form at the correct length.

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Did you used 7x57 brass or reform something else to accommodate the longer headspace?
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Buddy

Got the casting room cleaned up and Radios moved just around the corner from the from the casting Bench,
    II like this setup better than what I had.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	st4.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	194675
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master
    Used up 2.5 pounds of lead to make 400 bullets.

They all look alike.
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Boolit Buddy
    Got a propane cooker and smelted 80 lbs of coww, misc scrap, and 8" dia. net sinker into muffin pan ingots

I made some 000 buck

Converted some 303 British Berdan primed brass, gifted to me by a member, over to small rifle boxer primer.

Sized some nines to load and shoot in ny cz scorpion tomorrow

I took a Lee .358 158 RNF, 6 gang mould I bought used and 'cleaned the tar' out of it with Acetone and a toothbrush (hope the wife doesn't find out!) and I sat down and enjoyed the afternoon...played a Buddy Holly CD, had a few cold Millers and ..."Wallagh!"

Attachment 194684
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Page 202 of 603 FirstFirst ... 102152192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212252302 ... LastLast