RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Ran a new to me mould , sorted a couple of batches run recently and checked some 25 cal .

Attachment 193750
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Bub
    Did some casting today, love the six cavity molds.
    .225 55
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170422_152938_zps2vmhizdt.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	193850

EPP-UG 45 150

Name:	IMG_20170422_145251_zpsfosl8n54.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	193853
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20170422_152928_zps7r2a4kft.jpg   IMG_20170422_152904_zps8kru4ybz.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master

Popped Tom's primer catcher onto my Bair press (same casting as the Pacific) and admired it before I got on here to thank him.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Got up early (as always), got the wife off to work and loaded 250 38 specials for the daughter. Got another box of 500 Missouri bullet company's, and between her shooting them up need to find a mold to cast some lighter 38 Cal for her.

Boolit Master

Been messing around in the shop as I feel up to it while my knee recovers. It's therapeutic but no long sessions yet. Made some .45 Colt RNFP loads to try out Trail Boss.

Name:	RNFP .45 Colt.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	193854

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Today I ran 500 rounds of previously formed .300 BO brass back over my tapered neck expander plug and now I have to adjust my FL sizer die to set the shoulders to the correct position.

I made a numbskull mistake and loaded up 500 rounds of ammo using brass that a friend formed for me on his automated Dillon sizing and trimming setup. Then, AFTER they were all loaded I found out that the shoulders were set back too far and they had about 10 thousandths too much headspace for my 700 Remington Blackout carbine! I got misfire after misfire with very light primer dents and finally had to give up and start all over again. I had to pull the entire batch of ammo back apart, neck expand the cases, and now I need to set the headspace on them with my FL sizer die adjusted properly to be correct for my rifle. (And I've been reloading for long enough that I should have known better and only loaded a few sample test rounds first before loading the entire batch of brass ... but I got lazy and now I'm paying for it.)

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    Been messing around in the shop as I feel up to it while my knee recovers. It's therapeutic but no long sessions yet. Made some .45 Colt RNFP loads to try out Trail Boss.

Name:	RNFP .45 Colt.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	193854

David
    Your going to love the Trail Boss, I shoot it in my 45 colt thompson, running 5.0 grains with 250 grain Keith bullet. Running at 820 FPS. Like shooting a light load 38 special for me.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master
    Cast about 5-600 215 grain 32-20 boolits with a Lyman dc using Bruce b's speed casting method.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Buddy
    Smelted scrap soft lead yesterday, net 250 lbs, resized a bunch of 30-30 cases today.

Boolit Buddy

Had a good weekend as far as reloading, coated about 1600 bullets 9mm, 30 cal, 38 wadcutters, and some 200gr .45's. sized all of those and loaded almost 400 9mm!
    melted down 75 lbs of range lead while working on the coating. So all in all it was a good weekend made a big dent in my back log of powdercoating and smelting.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Deprimed a bunch of 30/30 & a full 1 gal baggie of 223 for BO conversion. Reminds me to glue a magnet to my HF saw so I can check for steel cases.
    Whatever!

I really need to quit staring at those molds in their boxes, and get to casting.

Just on the fence about attempting my first casts with a ladle, or going ahead and buying a bottom pour first.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    I really need to quit staring at those molds in their boxes, and get to casting.

Just on the fence about attempting my first casts with a ladle, or going ahead and buying a bottom pour first.
    I ladle pour only and get great results. not as fast as a 6 cavity and bottom pour but much cheaper to start and easy to do. Just have to keep your pot and mold at the right temps and you will produce great bullets.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

I've been pouring since just before my join date , last October I got my first real ladle before that I poured from a stainless steel soup spoon staked in a piece of broom handle and got good bullets . Just pour some already .

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Talked me into it, Harter.

Boolit Master

Talked me into it, Harter.
    Good now to see some first results. Mine are on here some place from 4 years and they ain't purdy but worked just fine.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master
    Yeah. Pretty comes with time spent pouring. As long as they are free of major defects pour em and shoot em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Loaded some (hopefully) factory duplicate .38 Spl to try in my just-acquired S&W 10-8.

Loaded 49 rounds.

There's a live primer on the loose, somewhere in that room. I heard the primer hit the floor, then it disappeared.....

I replaced or at least ordered a new 6C 358-200FP and 6C 452-200 RNFP from Titian . I will probably settle in after while and load some just shooting ammo and some work ups for the 257 .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
    There's a live primer on the loose, somewhere in that room. I heard the primer hit the floor, then it disappeared.....

Hahahaha me too and have spent hours looking for the little critters.
    Lead bullets Matter

Page 200 of 604 FirstFirst ... 100150190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210250300 ... LastLast