Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

............. I cut off a few coils on a .45 ACP spring cause yesterday I loaded 80 rds and only scooped in 3.2 gr Bullseye...somehow. I wanna try it

Boolit Master
    Spilled a full bottle of Hoppes cleaning an airgun.
    Got all the fouling off of my bench.

Boolit Master
    I then switched benches and starting casting more .45 ACP hollow points. I'm really in love with that NOE mold.
    Which one do you have? Is that the 187 RF?

Had a good day ( actually Sat.)
    GC - size, lube 100 +/- 30 cal 170 g from lee mold. loaded them into 300 Blk out.
    loaded 50 of the S+W 460 mag with lee 230 g TC.
    GC, size , lube 150 of 55 g lee .25, loaded them into 100 .223 at 2000fps
    punched 150 AL 30 cal GC
    Loving my new 4500 Lyman, with my hard lube.
    Matt
    NRA Life Endowment Member

Have not bought factory ammo in over a decade.

Currently casting 9 mm, 30-06, 300 BLK, 30-30, starting 5.56, 460 S+W Mag

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote !

I am on a small island of red, in a sea of blue where their hands are out , mouths open, saying " Give me, Give me ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Boolseye View Post
    Now I have a Benjamin that I should clean as well as a few 22 cal.......maybe you have inspired me to get that Done !
    NRA Life Endowment Member

Have not bought factory ammo in over a decade.

Currently casting 9 mm, 30-06, 300 BLK, 30-30, starting 5.56, 460 S+W Mag

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote !

I am on a small island of red, in a sea of blue where their hands are out , mouths open, saying " Give me, Give me ! "

I did the same thing several times and finally figured out that you buy a large bulk pint or quart bottle of Hoppes #9 and then refill your small bottle as needed. That way when you spill it (and you will spill it ... it seems to be inevitable ...) then you've only spilled what was in the small bottle.

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Spilled a glass of milk and worked on getting shelves rearranged.
    Exciting huh!

Boolit Master
    thanks for the suggestion re. bulk Hoppe's.

Loaded 100 rounds of .300 Blackout for my Remington 700 carbine. Reformed Winchester cases, CCI 450 primers, 15.0 grains of Winchester 296, 150 grain Winchester bulk soft points. We have an instructional rifle shooting session up at our local gun club tomorrow with the dedicated women's shooting group from within the club so I wanted to bring along something fun for them to shoot that has low recoil. Also taking my Remington 700 .223 HB Varminter and my wife's new Chiappa 9mm carbine for them to shoot too. Should make for a fun day at the range with a bunch of new shooters ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Buddy
    Technically in the garage, smelted the last 5 gallon bucket of wheel weights.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Loaded 20 45-70 . Prepped 80 more . Loaded 100 45 AR .
    Gotta go fill up the Unique bench can again .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Grand Master

Took a box of my latest purchases down and couldn't find a flat spot to set it. Where did all these unfinished projects come from???
    I spent over an hour putting things away and here comes my son asking where I put his stuff.
    He now has a dedicated area and the understanding is there is a line between his and mine that neither will cross. I even gave him his own press, but we do share the books.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Just finished cleaning the 3 guns that I took up to our club shoot today. We had 3 young ladies who had never shot anything before and they had a great time and will come to more of our future events. We started them off with .22 rifles shooting steel Silhouettes and then let them shoot a variety of different centrefires. (We have a monthly instructional shoot for our gun club's dedicated Womens group and cycle our way through the various different club disciplines ... Trap, Skeet, Archery, Rifle, Pistol.) I took my HB Remington 700 .223 Varminter, my HB Remington 700 .300 Blackout 16" tactical carbine, and the Chiappa M1-9 that I recently bought for my wife. The Chiappa 9mm was shooting all over the map and I just found out when cleaning it that the rear sight had shot loose and was bouncing back and forth side to side by about 1/2" or more! No wonder they couldn't hit much with it. (I've gotta find a scope base to fit the factory dovetails and install a red dot sight or a low powered scope on it to replace that crappy factory rear sight.)

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    Loaded 100 rounds of .300 Blackout for my Remington 700 carbine. Reformed Winchester cases, CCI 450 primers, 15.0 grains of Winchester 296, 150 grain Winchester bulk soft points. We have an instructional rifle shooting session up at our local gun club tomorrow with the dedicated women's shooting group from within the club so I wanted to bring along something fun for them to shoot that has low recoil. Also taking my Remington 700 .223 HB Varminter and my wife's new Chiappa 9mm carbine for them to shoot too. Should make for a fun day at the range with a bunch of new shooters ...

Sized/lubed about 800 9mm 128gr NOE bullets (cast 131.5 with my 13.4bhn alloyy. Cleaned the bench a bit while the lube heater warmed.
    Hope to load some of them Monday for the first try at the range.
    FWIW I set my small bottle of Hoppe's in a round cottage cheese container while the bottle is open. Do the same with all those tippy small bottles. I've spilled more than one!
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Man
    I finished sizing a batch (20#'s) of 357446 with Carnuba blue. I'm using a .359 die and it barely did anything to the lead. Next week I'll be loading some 357 and 38 Special.

No; you SEASONED your bench.

Boolit Master
    A nice Sunday morning session:
    NOE 453-200 SWC, Lee 356-120 TC and NOE 225-55 RF,
    Lubed in 45-45-10.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Boolit Master

Loaded some test loads with 168 SMK and CFE BLK in 300 blackout. Didn't shoot mine but my buddy shot the same loads in his gun and found that his old standby of lilgun is more accurate.
    I'll see how my rifle does with them next week

Just filled my FA ss pin tumbler with a big batch of .40 S&W cases ... just going to head back upstairs so I'll turn it on when I do ...

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0193.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	192930Cast a bunch of .30 cal this weekend
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Page 197 of 604 FirstFirst ... 97147187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207247297 ... LastLast