RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy
    Cast my first babies. Mostly rejects. But it was fun. And mistakes can be remelted again and again and I'm not burning propane to do it. (Minus the heater).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold

Casted a bowl of 200gr. 45acp this afternoon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Casting 45 acp.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	190283

First Gas Check casting, from my new Lee GC 170 FP mold, Cast, water drop, and GC / sized -200 boolits from range scrap. The copper GC stay on secure, some AL are a touch loose. Getting ready for 30-06 and 30-30 hunting with this bullet. Pics below still needs lube, I am trying a 75% Beeswax, 25% Vaseline. Working up reduced loads using Robert Lee's method in his first edition reloading manual. So far for powders I have on hand ( and would like to use ) H380 is going to get a try, as well as RL 15 and H322, all at 1900fps.
    Matt

Name:	boolits 2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	190296

Name:	boolits 1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	190297

Name:	boolits 3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	190298

Not in the reloading room, but in the back yard. Again.

Sorted some more of the "mountain" and got a few ingots poured. Pretty sure I'll have all the sorting done mid-morning tomorrow, and then just smelting the rest of the day.

Boolit Man
    I tumble cleaned a mess of brass.

Boolit Master
    Pulled 50 boolits of a batch that I thought I'd under loaded .yep 2.5 gr not 7.5 gr set scale wrong ,using Lyman beam jobby set the scale on rh side not adjusted it on the lh ,going nuts doh.

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    Not in the reloading room, but in the back yard. Again.

Sorted some more of the "mountain" and got a few ingots poured. Pretty sure I'll have all the sorting done mid-morning tomorrow, and then just smelting the rest of the day.
    Attachment 190340
    Lately after talking in one of the posts about smelting and lead explosions...I've started putting another pot over the smelt pot to guard against Pb rain...something I noticed last time was that the lead melts so much quicker by trapping the heat in the pot...what a difference in the number of melts in a day when it melts quicker.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by kmrra View Post
    I got my order in from Midway today , I got me one of those small 35 dollar Lee Presses, and mounted it for a dedicated bullet sizing press , That little press is well worth the money. I may get a couple more just for the heck of it , might need it some day LOL., Also got in a couple more molds in , so I have seven now so im ready to get after some casting .

Attachment 187070
    Have you got to the point of turning that bad boy upside down yet, so much quicker to drop them in the hole.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...side+lee+press

Quote Originally Posted by kmrra View Post
    Installed my lee 4-20 pot upgrade kit today , it is well worth the price
    http://www.opennrg.com/product/lee-4...e-upgrade-kit/
    Attachment 189218
    Kit rocks, it does need a hole in the table under the Lee spout for the inevitable drips, spare RCBS bar mold fits between legs perfectly.

Boolit Master

Name:	IMG_4607.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	190378
    Just this. 40lbs of H&G 68's.

Glass bedded the 1926 Oviedo 30-30. I borrowed a Miles Gilbert complete bedding kit from a buddy. Everything you need in a plastic case. Neat.
    I cleaned a closet dweller Savage .22 auto for a buddy. The clack-clack of the action working when you fire it is hilarious. Put my new 1X Vortex on my Nylon 66 for testing and Wow is all. Super quick and accurate. I got lucky and never had to touch the adjustments. It's dead on 1" targets @20yds. Now I'm going to shoot my .357 Blackhawk some more to decide if it's cylinder needs Mr. Doug.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Man
    Not today, but yesterday I took 30 pound lead ingots from Roto Metals and made them into 5 pound ingots for the Master Caster. This lead was indoor range scrap that they were selling for $1.66 a pound, free shipping. After the large ingots were smaller, I melted down a pot of pure plumber's lead. Man, that stuff is nasty. Lots of dross and **** floats to the top. But, it makes bullets. All in all, I melted down 75 pounds of lead yesterday into usable ingots.

What did you do in the reloading room today?

I didn't cast these so I didn't start a new thread. These are 145 grn rn .361 boolits from Missouri bullet co. For my Iver Johnson .38 s&w. Loaded according to the Lyman manual between 2.1-2.4 grains of bullseye. Loaded In Starline brass. I wanted to buy some before I bought a mold from NOE as the mold will probably be about the same moneywise as what purchased the gun for. First time using a lee dipper and I kinda like it. If I needed more I just trickled it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by michael.birdsley; 03-12-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Boolit Master
    Sized about 500 of the lee 358125RF for my 9mm use. These work fine TL in BLL twice for practice rounds
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master

Nothing lately but I'm praying for a foot of snow so I can cast some lee 309-150f

I spent all day Saturday cleaning up the gun/computer room, then Sunday my middle grandson came over and asked if we can go shooting, now reloading table is a mess again, but I have a lot of reloading to do now.

Power was out most of the weekend, so I loaded up some new reloads for a few handguns and wandered off to the range when I got a bit stir crazy.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    Nothing lately but I'm praying for a foot of snow so I can cast some lee 309-150f
    Snow quenched bullets?

prepped up some brand new Starline .45acp brass, got it all loaded with powder, and was getting ready to start putting in the hard cast 200gr Semi Wadcutters I had bought at Winter Range, when my wife let me know she was being called into a Video Meeting at work. My reloading bench is shared with her office. I don't reload when she is working, but she had gotten an emergency text to log in (on the clock) to deal with an issue that had come up over the weekend...

It is all loaded with 800x, and I placed a book over the reloading block, so hopefully with care, I won't have to measure out the powder all over again and will be able to just reload tomorrow morning.
    GRANDPARENTS AGAINST RETINOBLASTOMA, BECAUSE NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE CANCER

May need to beg that cheap press I gave to G.S. back, turn upside down for sizing boolits.
    Whatever!

Page 190 of 604 FirstFirst ... 90140180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200240290 ... LastLast