WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy
    after moving and building a new bench, bolted up and tried my LnL again. totally needs readjusting on -everything-... and how the hell am i crushing primers now all of a sudden?

Nothing in the re-loading room but as I was browsing the CB threads after lunch (fried eggs, toast & leftover roast slices) I heard an "OHH, pooop" from the other room. Yup, she got a pile of it in the vacuum cleaner. I got to clean the machine.
    Whatever!

PC's a couple hundred 40 cal 185 grain "Puckett". Looked pretty good right out of the mold so decided to PC and size them later. gonna heat cycle the mold a couple times then give it a good workout. Third mold from Arsenal and liking all three.

Boolit Grand Master
    500+ 8mm slugs on Tuesday. Thursday i could dig my nail into them if I pushed. Today, Saturday, I can't. I water drop everything.
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Buddy

Got some stuff moved into the casting room today , still need to build more cabinets , but im getting there , reloading room is not as messy than it was , I did get to try out the vent-a-hood and it worked great.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	188483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	188484
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master
    Sized and expanded the 170 case of 357 mag brass I used down the range

Boolit Buddy

Lets see I resmelted a batch of lead that I thought was junk , turned out to be a temp problem, went to wally world and bought me a Convection oven so I can try the HiTek and powder coating ,
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Melted more pewter.

Boolit Master
    Over the last few weeks a buddy has been sending me boxes and buckets of range brass , so I have been sorting and cleaning quite a bit . Although I am doing this on the front porch not in the reloading room in the end it will go to the reloading room .

Boolit Master

Loaded 60 .30-06 (Hornady 168gr A-Max) for a DCM Garand match in a couple of weeks. Also another 100 "ought - six" for my 1895 Winchester and 1903 but with the usual - Lyman 311299 and H&G #20 (169gr SP).

Boolit Buddy

Made a couple hundred gas checks and affixed them to the boolits...on the 3rd day of putting gas checks on I guess it was a better casting session on Friday than I initially thought. I still have about 70 to finish then on to powder coating!
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Mold
    added a second Dillon square deal b and a little housekeeping.

Boolit Buddy

Finished making GC's and finished the putting them on the boolits I made last week. Then I cut aluminum strips for the next go around of making checks. Got enough cut for about 600 did this all while watching the Wild lose...at least I got some material prepped.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Buddy

I played with my new toaster oven , checking the Temp on the digital read out that it has, its with in 8 deg, so I would call that good. Started getting a headach so I came back in the house

Boolit Grand Master

Today is planned to be a casting day. I've been cleaning up around the shop for a few weeks now and trying to make room on my workbench for my pot. Some of you have probably seen (and gotten tired of) my threads about the lead and other stuff that I found that I had forgot about. I have a Buddy that should be here in an hour or so. I'll try out a new to me H&G mold and he has a new Lee to try out.

Added two new colors to the assortment...

Yesterday I bought a pound each of PPG PC'ing...one 'Copper' the other 'Brass' ...Was in a hurry to see how they would look so I did 15 each color.
    I'm not sure I like it though...either one?

Sorry for the glare, shop fluorescents I suppose.

Attachment 188704
    They might turn out interesting mixed with some red or black?
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Buddy
    Cast 150 of these. Now I have to find an unloader for them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Just received the Lee 155 and 160 30 cal Ed Harris styled molds three days ago. Yesterday I fired up the trusty Pro Melt and made about 800 boolits (400 each). I also powder coated the 155's which weighed on average 156.3 grains. Do to honey do stuff the sizing and loading will have to wait for more free time. Main purpose for these boolits is for my sks.

Boolit Buddy
    Those looks real nice OS OK. I'm curious how they work out.

Boolit Master

Melted down some range scrap and made 100 Lyman/Ohaus/SAECO ingots
    I have 14 of the four cavity ingot molds so it really speeds things up
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Page 186 of 604 FirstFirst ... 86136176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196236286 ... LastLast