WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

By the way, did I mention that I REALLY like to shoot my Colt series 70 Government and my JR Carbine in .45 ACP?

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Buddy
    I cast several hundred 9mm 147 grain boolits. Gonna try powder coating them.

I needed a mold for 9mm and bought it heavy in anticipation of the Hearing Protection Act passing.

ETA: loaded the remaining .38 special brass.....one case. Found it in the garage. Last month I had a marathon session of .38 loading. I loaded 500 rounds till I ran out of brass. It bugged me just sitting there.

Speaking of PCing bullets....
    Noob question:
    How much does PCing add to the width of these?
    I mention this thread to a couple guys at work (both with an impressive "gun resume") and they not only haven't heard of PCing, but thought it would be bad since you're increasing the diameter.
    Specifically, I was talking about the RB shotgun molds (a thread active today) and that you could buy molds in sizes that vary in the 0.00x" category.
    So, {quote} if diameters in the thousands make a difference, then how come a coat of paint doesn't matter{unquote}.
    I had to give them an unqualified shrug of the shoulders on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
    I mention this thread to a couple guys at work (both with an impressive "gun resume") and they not only haven't heard of PCing, but thought it would be bad since you're increasing the diameter.
    They need to add to their resume
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Ouch! Great comeback!
    haha!!!

.001 - .002 depending on the type the manufacture of the powder coat. and how you apply it.

pecifically, I was talking about the RB shotgun molds (a thread active today) and that you could buy molds in sizes that vary in the 0.00x" category.
    So, {quote} if diameters in the thousands make a difference, then how come a coat of paint doesn't matter{unquote}.

*** while you CAN powder coat a Shotgun slug, There is not much need to coat them as the the slugs are put in a WAD. and do not touch the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    *** while you CAN powder coat a Shotgun slug, There is not much need to coat them as the the slugs are put in a WAD. and do not touch the barrel.
    Yeah, I knew that ... but they look so darn COOL after they are powder coated!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

My reloading room is my garage. I spent the better part of today clearing out the stuff I recently brought home that had been in storage for 3 years. I can finally walk up to my bench again!

Noob question:
    Specifically, I was talking about the RB shotgun molds (a thread active today) and that you could buy molds in sizes that vary in the 0.00x" category.
    Except for the shotgun slugs all my powder coated boolets get resized thru a Lee sizing die and come out exactly on the correct diameter. Your gun gurus sound like they've stopped learning new tricks. No offence but it pays to keep an open mind. PCing is the best thing to happen to shooting cast in a very long time imo.
    I'm the gun totin, meat eatin', BIBLE readin', redneck conservative your mother always warned you about.

" Holes kill stuff. "

Boolit Bub
    Resized about 120 45-70 brass last night. In the tumbler now getting the lube off.

Noob question:
    Quote Originally Posted by maxreloader View Post
    They need to add to their resume
    Ditto! There's always something to learn on any topic!

Boolit Grand Master

Beat the cylinder out of a Blackhawk with a deadblow due to a misfire using the new IMR Target. Read my thread above
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Cast just under 800 NOE 311365 today. Took about 2 hours
    2 cavity mold. It's about 32 degrees in the shop so I can run the mold pretty fast without it over heating.
    Calling it quits for the day. I'll coat them later in the week. They're destined for 300 blackout

Sorted my dirty brass. And started tumbling.

Btw did i show you all my 2 dollar idea for a tumbler timer. Can be adapted fir anything.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    I was casting and then my LEE Casting pot died. Off to Midway to go buy another one. Only took 18 years for this one to die.
    Took it apart and ordered a new heating element. It should be up and running again by the weekend.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Emptied my casting pot, scrubbed and cleaned the sides, and spout. Polished up the inside of the spout and will be welding a washer under the spout to prevent leaking around the spout itself. Not too happy with the Lee penny pinching, so gotta make it the pot it was supposed to be.
    In retrospect I should have just bought a promelt but invested so much time and love welding up a better frame I'd feel defeated if I gave up on account of a crappy spout.
    Pictures :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recycle, Reuse, Reload.

So when you guys talk about "resizing", you're squeezing the bullet back to the correct diameter?
    I've been thinking you were talking about resizing the brass.
    (sorry for the noob question, I've only reloaded shotshells)

So when you guys talk about "resizing", you're squeezing the bullet back to the correct diameter?
    I've been thinking you were talking about resizing the brass.
    (sorry for the noob question, I've only reloaded shotshells)
    Correct. We a resizing the boolit to the size we want.

For example my powder coated cast ...223 bullets drop at 228 with pc in measures 230.

I put it in a sizing die now its 224

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Lee makes bullet sizing dies to squeeze the bullet down to the correct diameter. A lubersizer does the same thing but also squeezes the lube into the grooves. Guys who powdercoat don't use any lube so we just resize the bullet.
    I'm the gun totin, meat eatin', BIBLE readin', redneck conservative your mother always warned you about.

" Holes kill stuff. "

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Loaded some 30-30 bullet test loads .
    Knocked out 25 45 Raptors to get the sights on target .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Page 183 of 601 FirstFirst ... 83133173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193233283 ... LastLast