Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

480 Ruger, 41 Special and 41 mag.

Look at that little 45 Colt stuck in there next to some 480 Ruger...

Was the rso for some varisty scouts at my range this evening

Let them shoot my 45 colt. 250 grn lubbed round nose over 30 grns of fff black powder.

Real cowboy loads.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Today I coated about 7 trays of 240 grain SWC .44's and a handful of 405 grain HP Lee .45-70's with the orange / bronze powder I've been trying out. Getting the gist of this powder coating thing and I'm happy with the results so far. I have about 2 more days worth of raw cast boolits that I can coat and then it'll be time for a "size-a-thon"!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Ha! Snow Day!!!! Teachers love them more than the kids!
    So I think I'll sleep late. Nope, too excited. I get up, feed the dog, make coffee, and head downstairs. So far (as of 10 am) I have

loaded 300 rds of .223 cast for this summer's Highpower season
    changed out the pressure washer on one of my Ideal 45 sizers (still waiting for a washer for the other one)
    resized about 150 20 ga hulls
    set up my 20 ga loader

Just about to head back down and start loading little yellow boolits!

Oh yeah, I guess I'll eventually go out and shovel.

Boolit Buddy

Love that color , what powder is that and color
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy

smelted 54 # of lead that a friend found while metal detecting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s5.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	187675
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy
    Cast some bullets with a new-to-me Lyman 452423 single cavity mold. I'd had trouble with rejects from this mold the first time I used it and decided to try ladle pouring this time. Voila, the bullets were beauties! I don't have any idea why this happened, but now I have found out that sometimes bottom pouring works great and sometimes it is ladle pouring that is the ticket.

Boolit Bub
    Loaded 200 rounds of 9mm, 115gr practice rounds for my daughter.

Polished another couple of hundred 9mm cases.

Primed another 100 cases.

Boolit Man
    I cast a few 545 grain .45-90 RNFP bullets and also a few 525 grain RN .45-90 bullets. The RNs are from a new to me mold that Santa bought for himself on ebay for Christmas. My rolling block in .45-90 likes heavy bullets.

I polished a box of .284 Winchester brass for my cousin and will hold on to them until he needs them loaded again for hunting.

And then late this afternoon, I started looking at a MEC 650 that I was given in the late 90s and never liked loading on it. But, after watching a few you tube videos, it seems there is a simple series of adjustment to keep the reloader from dumping powder and shot all over the place if you don't have a hull under the drop stations. Who knew?! Back before youtube I had no idea and just thought that's how it worked, so I didn't touch it and stuck with my MEC 600s. I feel like an idiot.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm new to casting, been at it for a few weeks. My Midway order arrived yesterday with a Lee 2 cavity TL-430-240-SWC. I cast almost 300 of them this afternoon.

Name:	20170210_183124-1 (640x446).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	268.1 KB 
ID:	187735

I loaded up 2 dummy rounds and it looks like I won't have to resize them for my 6" S&W model 29. The picture was taken before I culled the bad ones, I wound up with about 40 that will go back in the pot.

Boolit Buddy

Mixed some alloy and tryed out my New Lyman digital Thermometer

Name:	h1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	187737

Picked up a old lyman true-line jr. With 30/30 dies and powder measure.

Going to deep clean and lube it up.

Should i order some lyman orange powder coat????

Boolit Buddy

you got a dandy there

Boolit Buddy
    Organized some more like every time I walk in there. Labeled all my new brass, tumbled some more, then said there's always tomorrow and if not someone will have fun digging through it at my estate sale.

Boolit Man
    Oh boy, where do i start? Yesterday, started cleaning off the loading bench, finally found it about 3 hrs later. Its still not cleaned off though. Then, i started resizing .223 brass, moved on to trimming, and doing the primer pockets. Took a little break, went back to the bench again, moved a bunch of brass, no a lot of brass to some shelving next too it. Then, some bullets on the shelving as well. Back to the .223 brass, this yesterday. I just about have the loading area 3/4ths cleaned off. Went back to the .223 stuff again, didn't stop till 4:30 AM, this morning, ! Yup, stayed up most the night. Went to bed about 4:45, got back up again around 6:30, i know, weird hours, but, it works for me. Started back out to the loading area, cleaned up the mess in the middle of the floor, and took it to the trash can, no primers, no loaded ammo, just papers, boxes, things i thought were important that actually was not. Got the bench pretty cleaned up, put up a 4 ft light above the bench, i have 2 other 4 footers, but, this is right above me now. Did more .223 brass, grandson came over, he's 7, he picked up some little stuff for me. Then, finally settled down and ate dinner. LONG< LONG Day, but, by my choice. I love retirement ''the only way to go''.

I"m 69 and the way to do all this is to pace yourself, don't make it a job, make it fun, when it starts being a job, i walk away from it for a while, then, come back and its fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by WJP View Post
    Organized some more like every time I walk in there. Labeled all my new brass, tumbled some more, then said there's always tomorrow and if not someone will have fun digging through it at my estate sale.
    How long dose it take you to label reach new pics of brass????

Boolit Buddy

Today im clearing my wifes belongings out of the other half of my building , its a divided building and im taking over the whole thing , I out grew my side long ago , but when I went back into casting and lead hording , I needed the room, and the wife is happy cause her hobbies will now be in the house, in a spare bedroom , new benches going in and building cabinets with a vent-a-hood plus I will have room for 3 or more other presses that I have bought in anticipation of doing this .

Boolit Mold
    Hand primed 2,000 9mm. Working on 2,500-.223 now.

Boolit Bub
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kmrra View Post
    Love that color , what powder is that and color
    I wish I knew! I bought a bunch of cheap powder on eBay from a contractor who was doing large pc contracts and then he was selling off his leftover surplus powders for $5 to $6 per pound on eBay. I bought about 12 pounds from him in several different colours. I started out with 4 pounds of this orange and haven't really used very much of it yet, so it will last quite a long time. I did a few thousand more of the 200 grain SWC .45 ACP's yesterday so the pile is growing larger and larger, but I have a "few" left to coat yet! (There is another full wooden crate of raw cast bullets under this one waiting to be coated ...)

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Page 182 of 604 FirstFirst ... 82132172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192232282 ... LastLast